Nexus 6P presentation leaked, confirms just about all specs

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/09/26/nexus-6p-presentation-leak-includes-more-images-confirms-metal-body-gorilla-glass-4-and-3450mah-battery/

Source 2: https://imgur.com/a/YGUzM

The new Nexus phones have been on the rumor mill for awhile now, but we can finally start confirming some things. Google has an event coming up on September 29th, where they will announce and show off the new Nexus phones. Somehow, someway, somebody was able to get a hold of the Nexus 6P presentation, and if confirms basically all of the specs.

So let's get into it:

-All metal unibody

-Gorilla Glass 4

-5.7" WQHD (1440p) display

-Android 6.0 Marshmallow

-Snapdragon 810 v2.1

-3450mAh battery

-Dual front facing speakers

-USB Type-C

-Fingerprint sensor

-Storage options: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB

That's essentially everything, minus LTE bands and price, of course. The Nexus 6P is looking to be a pretty darn good phone, but hopefully the price won't be through the roof like the Nexus 6. Are you interested in the Nexus 6P? 

nexus2cee_oIKKo33.png

nexus2cee_eyYI3G1.png

COMIC SANS

price?

From my OP: "That's essentially everything, minus LTE bands and price, of course."

Wait until the 29th for those.

COMIC SANS

I would be intersted if it had a SD card slot.

But seeing how most manufactures are moving away from that nowadays, and the fact that they haven't ever been a feature on Nexus phones, I don't think it will happen.

All of which is very unfortunate, since I am currently looking for a new phone. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

But seeing how most manufactures are moving away from that nowadays, and the fact that they haven't ever been a feature on Nexus phones, I don't think it will happen.

Moto X Play? has a big battery and sd card slot, though it uses a sd 600 series soc.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Moto X Play? has a big battery and sd card slot, though it uses a sd 600 series soc.

Unfortunatly, the Moto X Play (or Style or whatever) is not available in my region of the world. And it's unfortunate since it would have fitted me quite nicely.

My only real choice seems to be the LG G4, but that is pretty expensive.

Ohh well, I'll keep looking. It's not like I'm in dire need of a new phone.

They won't manufacture a phone with an sd card slot. Google even said this once :lol:

I know and it's just too bad for me. I really do need an SD card slot.

Shit battery.... no thanks.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

That battery is tempting but I'm probably not going to want a bigger phone then my oneplus one and I'm not a fan of the design. If there is an AMOLED i'll reconsider or else I'll go with the 5x

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

That's better that what most OEM (expect Chinese) put on their phones, good enough for a heavy duty day.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

price?

if I had to guess based on the specs it's going to cost $500 for the base model.

HTID

That's better that what most OEM (expect Chinese) put on their phones, good enough for a heavy duty day.

I've been using a Droid turbo for almost a year so I'm spoiled when it comes to battery. I probably won't upgrade again until there's a good phone with a 4000+ mAh battery.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

What? How so? That's an extremely large battery. Larger than the G4, S6, Note 5, OnePlus 2, etc.

COMIC SANS

I've been using a Droid turbo for almost a year so I'm spoiled when it comes to battery. I probably won't upgrade again until there's a good phone with a 4000+ mAh battery.

Yeah, i wish more manufactures put batteries that big on most phones, sub 3000mha is to meh these days, battery is the only reason i would buy an expensive phone, my Moto G is great and a big ass battery would be the sole reason i would upgrade. (also more storage, 8GB fills to damn fast with apps alone)

Also if android wasn't such a battery hog like it is, but Google for whatever reason can't fix that, wonder if that's more of a kernel issues since Linux is know to not be battery friendly.

What? How so? That's an extremely large battery. Larger than the G4, S6, Note 5, OnePlus 2, etc.

I've been spoiled by my droid turbo....

if the base model would be 128gb I wouldn't care, or maybe even 64gb

if the base model would be 128gb I wouldn't care, or maybe even 64gb

I have 132GB (and yes, it is compressed to kingdom come) of music to put onto it. I would care.

My 128GB SD card is currently full to brim and it's flowing over into the internal memory of my current phone.

price?

My guess is that it will be over 500$ USD. At least that is what I gather from the specs. I would be surprised if it was lower than that. (And $499 doesn't count)

Hmmm, I wonder what it'll look like once the reviewers get their hands on it. I'd love to see the battery life, but also what it looks like in hand. Pictures and renders are all fine and dandy but video sort of shows a truer picture.

The specs all look great. Wish it was a little shorter but eh. Can't win everything. At least it's narrow this time around.

This, the Blackberry Priv...how dare they release them so late in the year!

Too high.

Something tells me you'd still complain if it was $449...

Surprisingly the battery life isn't that great. Not bad, but nothing amazing. I believe the Note 5 beats it.

Haha, how is that shit battery life?

Keep in mind phones with 4500mah batteries have been known to have worse battery life than those with considerably smaller batteries...

Size does not tell all.

That battery is tempting but I'm probably not going to want a bigger phone then my oneplus one and I'm not a fan of the design. If there is an AMOLED i'll reconsider or else I'll go with the 5x

They're essentially the same size.

Agreed on the design though, it's no the prettiest. Though when compared to the OP2, I don't think it's that bad. Not a fan of the fingerprint reader on that one.

Totally. Not only that, but each company optimizes at a different level. Look at the Note 5. Gets great battery life for it's small size. G4? Not so much.

Yeah, i wish more manufactures put batteries that big on most phones, sub 3000mha is to meh these days, battery is the only reason i would buy an expensive phone, my Moto G is great and a big ass battery would be the sole reason i would upgrade. (also more storage, 8GB fills to damn fast with apps alone)

Also if android wasn't such a battery hog like it is, but Google for whatever reason can't fix that, wonder if that's more of a kernel issues since Linux is know to not be battery friendly.

Agreed. Some are starting to, Oppo put a 4100mah cell in the R7 Plus. Shame that phone is extremely over priced.

Haha, I'd never buy a phone with only 8gb. I mean, I don't use up a lot of space (at all), but even I would kill that quickly.

I have 132GB (and yes, it is compressed to kingdom come) of music to put onto it. I would care.

My 128GB SD card is currently full to brim and it's flowing over into the internal memory of my current phone.

You could always cut down on the amount of music you need to take with you...you couldn't possibly listen to all of that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm more interested in 5X and first impression for this phone I won't use it even if I get as a gift because it's ugly as fuck.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I've been spoiled by my droid turbo....

get a note 4 buy a second battery and have 6440 mah 

the huawei mate s sounds and looks like a better device

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Does this phone includes the latest tech on battery charging? Iirc the latest ones can charge up to 85% in 30mins.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Does this phone includes the latest tech on battery charging? Iirc the latest ones can charge up to 85% in 30mins.

I've read it is going to support fast charging over usb c. I guess time will unveil all... <48hours

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.