WARNING: Frozen Soda Explodes

Guest Philosophy

That's why you buy a Slurpee instead.......

Wasn't trying to freeze it. It was in the refrigerator... like a normal person

Now I am worried I might need stitches in my thumb. 

Nah, looks like you just tore skin off. Dousing it with rubbing alcohol and wrapping it in a gauze should be enough.

Is it like one of those garage freezers that no one checks on for like weeks at a time?

At my uncle's one time we left some cans in the garage fridge and they were frozen when we went to go get them, wasnt cold out either, was middle of summer.

Exactly what it was. 

Nah, looks like you just tore skin off. Dousing it with rubbing alcohol and wrapping it in a gauze should be enough.

Rubbing alcohol is going to be fun lol. 

Exactly what it was. 

Gee... Howd I know ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Rubbing alcohol is going to be fun lol. 

Oh you know it. :lol: But you've got to clean it.

Wasn't trying to freeze it. It was in the refrigerator... like a normal person

I was just saying that if you wanted frozen soda/drink, buy a Slurpee......

But homemade Slurpees tho...

It wasn't in the freezer... It was in the fridge.. 

If it's really just a fridge, reduce the coldness a bit... it's not normal for a "fridge" to "freeze" anything. It's not supposed to go under 0˚C. (meaning it shouldn't "freeze" drinks)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It wasn't in the freezer... It was in the fridge.. 

If the temp is cold enough to freeze a can of soda, it's below freezing and thus is a freezer not a fridge... :P

Oh you know it. :lol: But you've got to clean it.

I am not new to this concept. I had a rubber bullet penetrate the skin in SWAT training they put rubbing alcohol in the wound...  

If it's really just a fridge, reduce the coldness a bit... it's not normal for a "fridge" to "freeze" anything. It's not supposed to go under 0˚C. (meaning it shouldn't "freeze" drinks)

It really is. It is old, mid 90s. 

And who was the one who murdered the perfectly good soda in the first place by freezing it? :angry:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

And who was the one who murdered the perfectly good soda in the first place by freezing it? :angry:

That'd be me.. I put it in a damn fridge it is not supposed to freeze things. IT IS A DAMN REFRIGERATOR. 

That'd be me.. I put it in a damn fridge it is not supposed to freeze things. IT IS A DAMN REFRIGERATOR. 

You must be hung for not being cautious with your soda. :angry:

Seriously though, check your fridge temps. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Seriously though, check your fridge temps. :lol:

That is for sure. 

If that would be true all beer cans would be sold frozen, but it aint.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

Meh, My fridge has an admittedly poor design but.....    In the back are two slots where air drops via ducts from the freezer above.  Led to condensation and pooling in the crispers/veg tubs so I added in a tupper ware to catch it.  It also catches the cold air and about once every other week I empty a ~1-2 lb block of ice from my fridge.  So it is possible that temps are fine, just a mix of bad design and poor soda placement.

Soda has water... Water expands when its frozen...

That I do know! :) 

It is one of those things where you understand why it happens and if you were to have thought about it a little more you would be like, "Don't open that." Obviously It did not cross my mind. 

i've had 2 cans of coke zero explode at the same time in my fridge and cover everything in coke slush. not as bad as what happened to your finger though. hope you feel better soon  :)

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

i've had 2 cans of coke zero explode at the same time in my fridge and cover everything in coke slush. not as bad as what happened to your finger though. hope you feel better soon  :)

It dosn't hurt, looks worse than anything. Thankfully it was in the sink :)

WAIT, are you guyz saying you shouldn't keep canned soda in the fridge ? can someone explain why my whole life is a lie  ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

WAIT, are you guyz saying you shouldn't keep canned soda in the fridge ? can someone explain why my whole life is a lie  ?

Not in the fridge, the freezer. 

Now I am worried I might need stitches in my thumb. 

You don't have anything there to stitch. Bacitracin and clean bandages should do you fine for a few days/weeks while it heals. If it gets enflamed/red around the wound and starts to hurt you'll want to see your Dr. to get on antibiotics.