Genius launches mouse with 2MP camera

samcool55

Genius is launching a new mouse with a 2MP camera on the bottom, there is also a button on the side to take pictures with it, and a very intresting part is that it can also record at 720P. The mouse itself works with a 1200dpi BlueEye laser(not sure) sensor. It will be launched in white-black, blue-black and silver-white.

The mouse is also shipped with some intresting software for editing your photo's and scanning QR codes. To activate the camera just slide a cover at the bottom and your mouse is a camera.

And with an advice price of 29.90 USD it's actally quite cheap. It's a funny thing, let us know what you think of this!

source: http://www.geniusnet.com/wSite/ct?xItem=57823&ctNode=104

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The way it looks is to have it read qr codes and scan things. lol I find it pointless though.

Geniuses puttin' cameras on mouses 'n shit

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Actual photo from mouse:

411ZI.png

FAKE! it takes pictures in 720p...

It is indeed quite pointless and a weird combination, but it is funny. I think some humor in the tech world is nice to have. And maybe it's a trick to get rid of some lenses, it is possible they have too much of them and want to get rid of them with this.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Are you sure he's a genius. If anything I would have to say he was an idiot. Putting a camera at the bottom of a mouse is pointless, or am I missing somethin.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Such geniuses to do that...

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

They're the real genius I'd say.. They make products that other don't even have the idea for it. Like camera in mouse? really?

What? Why? What could possibly be the point of this?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I don't know about most of you, but I've run into non-tec (and somewhat tech) people asking to scan or take a quick picture of something and send, and it's a technical lecture everytime.  With something like this, it would be like... here.. just take a picture and there it is, already in computer and folder.  Or in the case of the LG scanner mouse... the dedicated button right on the mouse.  

What is the point of a camera on a mouse, you have a tablet with cameras, you have a smartphone and you have webcams and scanners all of which do a superior job. Useless I say.

not everyone has a tablet, smartphone, scanner or even webcam at hand.  And laptop cams are not very flexible.

They're the real genius I'd say.. They make products that other don't even have the idea for it. Like camera in mouse? really?

And what are the applications of this?

What? Why? What could possibly be the point of this?

What the hell is the point?

They have a video that shows some good examples. Certainly not like having a pen handy, but Depends on the cost, if you're going to carry a wired mouse... easy image importing wouldn't hurt.

My Rigs (past and present)

I don't know about most of you, but I've run into non-tec (and somewhat tech) people asking to scan or take a quick picture of something and send, and it's a technical lecture everytime.  With something like this, it would be like... here.. just take a picture and there it is, already in computer and folder.  Or in the case of the LG scanner mouse... the dedicated button right on the mouse.  

not everyone has a tablet, smartphone, scanner or even webcam at hand.  And laptop cams are not very flexible.

They have a video that shows some good examples. Certainly not like having a pen handy, but Depends on the cost, if you're going to carry a wired mouse... easy image importing wouldn't hurt.

Then inherently why would you have a mouse on hand, most people i know with any sort of laptop just uses the trackpad if they are on the go. Also I think every phone nowadays has a camera unless your still rocking a Nokia 3310. I think it is just rather useless as cameras are rather abundant in every other form of device.

If you use it with a notebook, you can also use the camera of your notebook. And yes it will be faster, but you don't have a live feed of the camera, well yes if you open the app but you can open in that case also an app of your webcam, or taking your phone and take a picture with that, and don't forget it is 2MP and just in a mouse (not that most webcams are much better, exept the people that have a good one and the most webcams in notebooks won't be any better), so i'm not really sure if you take a picture of a paper full of text it will be possible to read it. If you want a picture, just take ur phone, you (normally) have that always with you (if you are on this forum, you probably do). And if you have a mid-range phone or higher, the picture will be better.

Then inherently why would you have a mouse on hand, most people i know with any sort of laptop just uses the trackpad if they are on the go. Also I think every phone nowadays has a camera unless your still rocking a Nokia 3310. I think it is just rather useless as cameras are rather abundant in every other form of device.

Because mouse = work done faster, less frustration.  

Cameras may be abundant, but the pictures they don't automatically end up in the computer when your working on it.

If you use it with a notebook, you can also use the camera of your notebook. And yes it will be faster, but you don't have a live feed of the camera, well yes if you open the app but you can open in that case also an app of your webcam, or taking your phone and take a picture with that, and don't forget it is 2MP and just in a mouse (not that most webcams are much better, exept the people that have a good one and the most webcams in notebooks won't be any better), so i'm not really sure if you take a picture of a paper full of text it will be possible to read it. If you want a picture, just take ur phone, you (normally) have that always with you (if you are on this forum, you probably do). And if you have a mid-range phone or higher, the picture will be better.

If your ok with flipping your notebooks all over the place to take pictures than sure.  How about a desktop with no webcam?  The product reduces time to get to photo to the user on the computer, so even if you take it on an external device, you'll still have to figure out how to get to the picture (which can range from simple plug in and open folder to proprietary cable and software).  Then there's the shared computer in families. 

IMHO,  Until there is NFC + wireless usb/bluetooth/etc integration with electronic devices and computers... the whole transfer of data is not intuitive and cumbersome everywhere.

My Rigs (past and present)

FAKE! it takes pictures in 720p...

no it doesn't. what part of 2mp do u not understand

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

no it doesn't. what part of 2mp do u not understand

• 2.0M 720P HD pixels provide high resolution images

Just what?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?