How Do you feel about linus as a Cellphone/Gadget reviewer?

Indus Monk

Linus hasn't really done many gadget reviews that i have seen so far. I mean... some drones but they were kind of good actually. But as a guy who reviews cell phones..... Linus is actually the best one out there IMO...Now when i say gadgets i mean things like smartwatches, cameras(has he ever reviewed a camera?) and not something that is used in a PC or Hackintosh or a Linux based machine etc.

But, hey, that's just me...... how do you feel about Linus as a guy who reviews cellphones and gadgets?

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

I dislike Linus' videos as a whole unless they're vlogs (USUALLY). I just find them boring nowadays.

i like his cell phone reviews because he actually uses the phone as his daily driver for a couple weeks. so he understands everything about it.  im pretty sure they reviewed a blackmagic camera or something a while back, but i didnt pay much attention. 

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Well he can only review stuff he knows a lot/enough about. And it doesn't seem like Linus (no offence meant to be taken) is a camera guy. That is why he got people like Edzel, Brandon, Nick van Berkel and Taran doing the camera (and editing) work. 

It wouldn't make sense for him to review a camera, while a smartwatch or phone can be reviewed by him as he is part of the market who is suppose to use that item. And he seems to be very knowledgeable in them!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

every reviewer out there has his/her personal method of reviewing something, and its up to the individual audience members to decide for themselves if they like it or not.

I dislike Linus' videos as a whole unless they're vlogs (USUALLY). I just find them boring nowadays.

I hate the no hands on videos, it's like they read manufacturer's info page and give us some b-roll.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I personally don't care for phones or other gadget like smartwatches.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I personally don't care for phones or other gadget like smartwatches.

same here

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

every reviewer out there has his/her personal method of reviewing something, and its up to the individual audience members to decide for themselves if they like it or not.

All i am asking is that how do you feel about linus reviewing other things :)

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

As much as I like MKBHD's videos, Linus rips devices a new one should they fuck up with something. Marques usually just says "meh it can be fixed with a patch" that never comes, ever.

I think he's reviews things ok, though lately he seems pretty stressed in his videos.

He needs a vacation, or should put some other employees in front of the camera to give himself a break.

I think he has been doing a great job. He seems to really enjoy making them but also stressed. 

Linus I think loves his job so he just wants to impress everyone. So thats why I think he's a little stressed, He just cares too much about his subscribers.  :)  :)

I think they are pretty entertaining and he often brings up some good points. The fact that he doesn't give Apple blowies every time they release something makes him better than 90% of phone reviewers *cough fuck you Verge *cough*.

His videos aren't in depth enough for me to make my mind up though. They are more like a double check to make sure I did not overlook something when I formed my opinion.

I think they are far better than some other videos like graphics card videos, which might as well just be a few jpgs with the benchmarks.