[Update - Confirmed] Naughty Dog Accidentally Confirms 'The Last of Us 2'?

HKZeroFive

Naughty Dog, Sony-owned American video game developer that is responsible for some of the PlayStation brand’s most iconic video game titles, seems to have accidentally confirmed the existence of The Last of Us 2 during a recently held livestream that was focused on the upcoming Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, an all-in-one full HD collection pack including all the main entries in the most critically acclaimed video game franchise known as Uncharted.

During the livestream that featured community strategist Eric Monacelli, writer Josh Scherr and lead animator Eric Baldwin, The Last of Us came up in discussion, and based on a seemingly accidental statement, Scherr seemed to all but confirm a new addition to Naughty Dog’s exceptional post-apocalyptic survival horror franchise. You can check out the video below to see how Scherr, while talking about the facial animation for both of the aforementioned franchises, starts to stumble over his words.

"By the way, all the facial animation in the Uncharted series was led by Eric here,” Scherr says, gesturing to Eric Baldwin, “and the first The Last Of Us.” Seemingly panicking a little, Scherr quickly adds, “Did I say the first The Last Of Us? Uh… the first of The Last Of Us. The Last Of Us.” Of course, while the developer’s wording doesn’t plainly state the reality The Last of Us 2, it does imply that there is a second The Last of Us game that fans should starting getting excited about.

311178-tlou.jpg

Get ready everybody! I have a lot of faith in Naughty Dog delivering in their sequel (or possible prequel) to their critically acclaimed masterpiece, judging off the work they did in the Uncharted series. I'd say it'll still take some time until they actually officially confirm it since they're still working on Uncharted 4.

TIL Josh Scherr is a really bad liar.

Source: http://wccftech.com/naughty-dog-confirms-existence-the-last-of-us-2/

UPDATE

"When Bruce [straley, game director] and I moved over to Uncharted 4, we were brainstorming ideas for The Last Of Us 2 with new characters; ideas for The Last Of Us 2 with Joel and Ellie; ideas for a sci-fi game; ideas for a fantasy game, and building prototypes for each one of those ideas," said Druckmann. "And just as we were getting close to settling or narrowing that list down, we were asked to work on Uncharted 4.”

“So, I guess [North] was kind of right in that we were working on stuff, but we don’t know what we’re doing next and we won’t know until probably a few months after we finish Uncharted 4.”

So it's still in its early stages, but I guess you could say, although it was inevitable, 'The Last of Us 2' is pretty much confirmed.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/naughty-dog-clarifies-the-last-of-us-2-rumours-312137.phtml

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Another movie?

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

It is only good news if they 1) do not screw up the story focusing on something they don't need to 2) only make it if the story is as beautiful as the original 3) Joel is not dead.

That said, I am insanely excited! The Last of Us is one of the most wonderful games ever. :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So excited. The first Last of Us was so freaking good. Easily one of the best games I've ever played. It deserved every award it received. 

COMIC SANS

hope its not a console exclusive...

;-;

curse you playstation

#StillPlayCrashNitrocart for the PS1

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

not really surprising.  

what would be surprising is if they were not going to make a follow up to one of the biggest new franchises on the playstation

they accidentally on purpose revealed that the last of us will be a trilogy, err, I mean will have a sequel.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

This was one of my favorite movies and I'm glad they're making a sequel.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

That source......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That source......

There's nothing wrong with it. It's not a rumour.

I'm only using it because it gives a good, brief context and correctly recites what was said on the stream. Look it up on Google, several news sites have already covered this story.

People need to give WCCFtech a break. Their content is not as inaccurate as it was before.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

No surprise considering the way the first one ended. 

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

i can see it failing from here

they will try to over achieve and do different things which will be its downfall

just make a new story line without any other changes its already perfect

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

they will try to over achieve and do different things which will be its downfall

I wouldn't underestimate naughty dog.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Another movie?

The game only has like 2 hours of cutscenes with 14 hours of gameplay. The longest cutscene is only like 2 minutes long.

All cutscenes combined.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

They haven't met any downfalls with Uncharted, so I doubt they will fail with The Last of Us. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The game only has like 2 hours of cutscenes with 14 hours of gameplay. The longest cutscene is only like 2 minutes long.

All cutscenes combined.

Seems like a movie to me.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Seems like a movie to me.

Yes, AngryJoe keeps dying in the same section at Twitch because of his inability to recognise the game mechanic early. Definitely like a movie.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.