Looking For Headphones To Block Out SCREAMING Sister 24/7

Xelriel

Basically it's all in the title, I would PREFER ( If there is a such thing ) Passive + Active Noise Canceling, But if not i am guessing Passive will be more what i like because i do not want to deal with Bluetooth and or Batteries, My price range is 0 - 175$ for this.

Thank you in advance ! ( Links are appreciated )

Edited by Glenwing
Fixed formatting

~{ Xelriel }~

So... This + earbuds ?

(why is she screaming?)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Seriously, gun range headphones and earbuds are about the best you will get for cheap. I once put some drivers from a Sony MDR 101 headphones set (best headphones I have ever seen for the PRICE back then) into a gun range headphones thingy and it sounded great and I couldnt hear a damn thing.

Here, I found something you could use...

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Utility-Duct-2929-Silver/dp/B001HT720O/ref=pd_sim_60_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=09871RPPFYTZZBBJ038C&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR135%2C160_

...You could possibly look into sound proofing your bedroom door; collect a couple of egg cartons and line your door + walls with it, that'll suppress some of the sound (I'm being serious in this one).

[witty signature]

Noisecancellation-tech is no good to remove non-static background noise. So it'll not help against a screaming sister. All you can do is get closed over ear headphones with good dampening but even this will fade th noise out to a certain degree. So if you really want to block her out completely darkyoshis idea of dampening the source is not that far off ;)

Basically it's all in the title, I would PREFER ( If there is a such thing ) Passive + Active Noise Canceling, But if not i am guessing Passive will be more what i like because i do not want to deal with Bluetooth and or Batteries, My price range is 0 - 175$ for this.

Thank you in advance ! ( Links are appreciated )

DT 770 perhaps?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

DT 770 perhaps?

I did order the DT770 Pro yesterday so next week I'll actually be able to report first hand how good the dampening is.

As far as dampening and wearing confort goes the Creative Draco HS-850 gaming Headset is pretty good. Its also pretty cheap ~40 bucks. But it has less than mediocre sound-quality, meaning it's okay for gaming but totally not good for listening to music, also don't expect premium build quality.

So far the Gun Range Muffs + Ear Buds look like the best options but that is a little... unorthodox, keep in mind i am in the LIVING room which i should have said before hand ( My fault >.< ) and i am where everyone else is 100% of the time every day. So let's work off that?

~{ Xelriel }~

Honestly, just grab a pair of shure se215s and the shure triple flange tips.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

NVX XPT100 is a good option in the middle of your budget. At the upper end, a Beyerdynamic DT770.

The nvx block noise well, and are like soft leather couches on your ears.

But much lighter.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

DT770M. It's over budget slightly, though it will beat everything for noise isolation.

Interesting suggestions thus far, I think i might get the Shure SE215-K with a pair of high quality Gun Range Headset, Those together will = if not 100% noise reduction from everything around me, Unless someone else has a better idea :D?

~{ Xelriel }~

DT770M. It's over budget slightly, though it will beat everything for noise isolation.

How does the m differ?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yea I would go with IEMs with bi/triple flange tips for sure. You probably won't need the gun range hearing protection lol.

It's designed to isolate.

I got that, but how?

Like, the non M is already closed back, what else can you do to isolate without ANC?

I got that, but how?

Like, the non M is already closed back, what else can you do to isolate without ANC?

Sound dampening material, i.e. mass-loading I would imagine.