Why Microsoft doesnt care that Apple just copied Surface.

SansVarnic

Some how I find myself both not surprised and somewhat surprised by this. Apple makes a full on copy of the Surface 3 Pro and MS doesn't blink. Honestly I'm ​not sure what to say. Thoughts?

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/11/why-microsoft-doesnt-care-that-apple-just-copied-s.aspx

*Edit

In no uncertain terms, Apple's new iPad Pro is a clone of Microsoft's Surface Pro in a lot of ways. Both devices start at $799 and have available stylus and keyboard cover accessories that can be purchased to increase functionality. Given the blatant copy of its first-party tablet, you might think that Microsoft would be a little annoyed at the situation.

Even though Surface Pro and iPad Pro will compete directly, investors should remember that what Microsoft truly cares about is selling more Office 365 subscriptions. To that end, Microsoft has fully embraced a cross-platform strategy under Satya Nadella in a way that it never did under Steve Ballmer.

Apple is going to compete on the hardware front; there's no avoiding that. Embracing iPad Pro and its emphasis on productivity is absolutely the right call since Microsoft can continue Office's successful transition to a subscription model. And it's not like Apple actually cares all that much about its own iWork productivity suite, which the Mac maker made free in 2013

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

ISHEEP, BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I don't think it copied as a "full on copy". It still is a tablet afterall. Yes, if you pair it with the KB and pen then it may look like the surface. But it still is a tablet. Thats the key difference. If it would work like the surface with a combo of ios and osx then yes, there would be problems

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

There were tablets with keyboards before the Surface.

people that buy apple products are okay with paying a price premium. (dont argue with this, its true, i've had all apple people with an IQ above 12 tell me this)

microsoft likes.

Kinda hard not to copy a tablet with a keyboard and stylus..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Because MS knows that the apple sheep are ignorant enough to believe that apple invented that, even when presented with evidence to the obvious. Just like everything else that apple has "invented"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

people that buy apple products are okay with paying a price premium. (dont argue with this, its true, i've had all apple people with an IQ above 12 tell me this)

microsoft likes.

have you seen how much surfaces cost? fuck that shit.

£639 for a fucking tablet that has an i3 and only 64gb of storage, you must be on drugs to buy it.

d6006087851d693a1797c933d5ab2399.png

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

calling someone an iSheep does not make you look any more intelligent.

omg when people take things seriously and get buthurt xD

Take a joke 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

£639 for a fucking tablet that has an i3 and only 64gb of storage, you must be on drugs to buy it.

Worth it. I own one and I have #noragrets

Worth it. I own one and I have #noragrets

rather hang myself tbh with you.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Take a joke 

You remind me of those Youtuber pranksters who like to film themselves stealing someone's phone, and when confronted with a bitch slap they go "Chill bro, it's just a prank! Relax! Look! There's the camera!"

Idiots.

Take a joke 

Who the fuck said I was "buthurt"

Taking it back only makes you look more stupid than just standing behind your argument.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

they're much more functional devices tho.

i've seen several people with a surface, they're actually very capable devices, compared to the "pretty much just a bigger ipad"

that said, the basic surface is *only* €600 in my area. comparing to the "ipad air 2" clocking in at €500

EDIT: should mention the surface pro is €860. we'll see how the new pads fare once they get around.

Who the fuck said I was "buthurt"

Taking it back only makes you look more stupid than just standing behind your argument.

ahahah xD 

Thinks i took it back xD Literally pissing my self 

You remind me of those Youtuber pranksters who like to film themselves stealing someone's phone, and when confronted with a bitch slap they go "Chill bro! Relax! Look! There's the camera!"

Idiots.

did you hear about that guy who says "im tyrone and im here to fuck somebodys wife, long dick style" yeah he  got shot for being a prankster.

did you hear about that guy who says "im tyrone and im here to fuck somebodys wife, long dick style" yeah he  got shot for being a prankster.

I thought all his shit was staged. That sucks, but that'll happen when you walk up on the wrong person trying to do that shit.

d6006087851d693a1797c933d5ab2399.png

and the ipad pro is much cheaper? and the surfaces are running full windows

Alt+MAlt+N

Idiots.

owe dont put yourself down to much buddy. 

Lol... 

SO MANY BUT HURT ISHEEP FANS HERE !

People know that like MS went on stage in the Keynote right ? MS probably helped Apple building that iPad. MS developed office for the iPad and said look how beautiful it is but what ever people just want to bash on Apple.

Edit:

And this makes sense for MS more sold iPads = more subscriptions sold.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

owe dont put yourself down to much buddy. 

Lol... 

SO MANY BUT HURT ISHEEP FANS HERE !

Please continue proving mine and the other person's point.

I thought all his shit was staged. That sucks, but that'll happen when you walk up on the wrong person trying to do that shit.

he was warned too and the other guy still got jailed.... he trespassed on someones property and the guy was an ex con, serves him right, if someone came on my property talking to my  girlfriend like that and i had a gun id shoot him too.

Please continue proving mine and the other person's point.

xD lol... your funny