*Gaming Mini-News* Last of Us Dev wants HL3 license?

I have only played Half-life 1 and it's good but not that good as people make it.

OT: I don't care who makes it and as long as it isn't bad I think people will be happy.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If the Last of Us devs made Half Life 3 I would be very happy, Valve sucks major ass at making Narrative games. The few scenes of story in Half Life are excellent, unfortunately they only make up about 1/8 of the game, and Valve gameplay is awful, not fun or interesting, just a shitty grind, the only exceptions are multiplayer which doesn't mean anything in regards to their ability to make narrative games. The Devs of Last of Us know how to make gameplay a fun and believable part of the story.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It's bad PR, Valve's whole model is very much complimented by it's community and how it views Steam/Valve as the Lord and savior for PC. People expect (if Valve does, which they won't), that a new HL game would be amazing on all levels. Besides that I think Valve has an actual interest in producing quality products.

Hahahaha, Except Valve Customer Support is like Comcast on steroids. (Unless Gaben responds himself, which is as likely as winning 4 lotteries in a row)

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

The Half Life universe is VERY well thought out to details you would be surprised about.

- Like the fact that Striders and Combine Gunships LOOK like insects because they once were actual animals on some world that the combine invaded.

- The alien grunts in HL1 are genetically engineered from vortigaunt DNA, thats why they have the same vestigial arm

- Vortigaunts and the flying(big brain) overseers from HL1 have a common ancestor - yet both have become self aware species of Xen. Though one enslaved the other - think of humans enslaving monkeys or something.

- The Xen fauna and flora has many signs that Xen life has its own family tree - DO YOU GET HOW DEEP VALVE THOUGH OUT THIS SHIT?

- Combine salvages the best ideas and most useful creatures for war from all the worlds they conquer;

. humans are perfect for a small sized units making up a swarmy force or can be used to fix equipment in tight quarters (Stalkers)

. Combine also stole the human invented concept of TRAINS;  laying a specific-use path and then exploiting it is a very efficient way to move mass around in a high gravity environment

- The Nihilanth (last boss of HL1) was the only reason why the Combine hadnt invaded Xen yet. 

- Combine found out about Earth only because humans tried to establish their presence on Xen after the Nihilanth was dead - end of HL1

Gearbox made two HL1 expansions and you can see that they didnt think about any of this shit, they made good games, but not EPIC. Gearbox didnt think through the whole fictional universe to make sure its consistent and logical from the very basic level. And why would they - who in the world would pay attention to stuff like that?

Well, apparently noone, but the fictional universe of Half Life feels so REAL in the end that the next theoretical half life game has become more popular than God.

No way, valve wouldn't sell off the game that made them. That would be like bungie selling halo off. Wait......

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Hell no, also there's 2.episode 2% chance of that happening lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

FF7 remake, Shenmue III, now this

Sony is so strapped for cash the only thing they care about is meme games. R.I.P.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

No way, valve wouldn't sell off the game that made them. That would be like bungie selling halo off. Wait......

They can collaborate though they don't have to sell it.

Valve can provide the engine, the core tech, story, script etc and QA.

And ask somebody else to do the rest (a huge amount of man hours that tragically Valve is not motivated to do cause they have so much money from Steam).

Half Life is overrated.

Let them make it.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

ND is a better Dev than Valve Ever was

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

All that needs to be done is for Gabben to be taught how to count to 3.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

However great Neil Druckmann and Naughty Dog is, their gameplay is hardly even present in their games. That said, it would be pretty interesting! Now I haven't played Half Life, but I'm assuming it is supposed to be a scary, post-apocalyptic world of zombies or mutants? If so, I think the people behind Metro would probably do it better, or maybe a collab between Naughty Dog + Metro creators (too lazy to google them).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Uh, gross. I'm not that into Half-Life, but I love that they are fun games to play. I don't want someone that made a game that was more fun to watch than to play to make Half-Life 3. They might be capable, but I'm always going to judge someone for their past until they prove they've changed, and I don't think the most anticipated game is the best time to prove it. That being said, we he always at Naughty Dog or just for TLoU? Because Naughty Dog actually used to create fun games.

Uh, gross. I'm not that into Half-Life, but I love that they are fun games to play. I don't want someone that made a game that was more fun to watch than to play to make Half-Life 3. They might be capable, but I'm always going to judge someone for their past until they prove they've changed, and I don't think the most anticipated game is the best time to prove it. That being said, we he always at Naughty Dog or just for TLoU? Because Naughty Dog actually used to create fun games.

But regardless of how simple the gameplay was in Uncharted, it was still very fun to play. :(

Though I would prefer they try to morph their great story and character development into a game that has more content to it other than just the story and characters (and their flesh).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

But regardless of how simple the gameplay was in Uncharted, it was still very fun to play. :(

Though I would prefer they try to morph their great story and character development into a game that has more content to it other than just the story and characters (and their flesh).

Uncharted was okay. I never really thought much of it, but that wasn't because of the gameplay. The gameplay was fine.

However great Neil Druckmann and Naughty Dog is, their gameplay is hardly even present in their games. That said, it would be pretty interesting! Now I haven't played Half Life, but I'm assuming it is supposed to be a scary, post-apocalyptic world of zombies or mutants? If so, I think the people behind Metro would probably do it better, or maybe a collab between Naughty Dog + Metro creators (too lazy to google them).

I wouldn't call them scary. The only thing that's really scary is when you hear a specific scream, or a specific rattling noise that sounds like an angry rattlesnake crossed with some kind of spider.

But they are VERY atmospheric games (in my opinion) with really fun guns etc. The Metro devs could do amazing things with that License.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Where's the "screw valve" option

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

If any dev could actually make Half Life 3 besides Valve it would be Naughtydog at this point they probably can do it better than Valve them selves who haven't made any big AAA games in years.

I would be happy with it only if they also release it on PC though it would be a waste for the game to be held back by the Ps4 hardware.

RTX2070OC