My parental units are annoying me again

iamdarkyoshi

So for months they had been saying that I can spend 1000 bucks of their money for helping them get the house finished and sold. Just today as I was about to ask if I can buy my new rig using that because my PC on the classifieds is having no luck selling. They told me "oh you can only spend 500, the rest goes into saving"

SERIOUSLY??? They said for months that I can spend 1k and I even told them about a 1k monitor I had my eyes on.

Its kinda like "Hey we got you a brand new sports car, it will be here in a couple months"

After a couple months you get it and hear "Oh, we never said you get to drive it"

Poor you..

I hope you're okay

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They should have said that. But then again saving is important. I save 50-75% of all money i get.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

id go tell the people who bought the house its gonna fall down so they have to take it back.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Oh well. My parents owe me 1k. You have to remember how much they spent for you when you were a child that they couldve spent on themselves. Dont act overly entitled to anything and be glad they even let you spend their money. Is it kinda douchy they lowered the amount? yes, but you have to consider maybe they had some expenses to cover they didnt initially plan on. Be humble

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I've seen my fair number of parent bitching threads on this forum, this one takes the damn cake. You're 17 get a job.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

90% of the money I make at WORK goes into savings.

If u actually do save 90% of the money you make then sure they should give u the full grand. 

I save 100% of money i make at work and spend 50-75% of the rest.

I think they should be happy you are saving so much and they said u get 1000$ u should get 1000$, selling a house is alot of work.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

I've seen my fair number of parent bitching threads on this forum, this one takes the damn cake. Your 17 get a job.

He said he has a job and he saves 90% of his money he gets from it.

Well you have to wait just one year than you can do whatever you want with your money (or is that 21? I never remember how it works over there)

But until then I'm sorry but you can't really do anything :(.

How dare they give you $500! 

Seriously, how ungrateful can you be? Get a job if you want to earn money.

I DID have a job, and 90% went into savings. My grades are so poor and I am in Nevada noe so a job isn't an option

parental units

lol coneheads 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I've seen my fair number of parent bitching threads on this forum, this one takes the damn cake. You're 17 get a job.

I had a job before we moved and I made 10 bucks an hour. My grades are so poor I can't work right now.

If u actually do save 90% of the money you make then sure they should give u the full grand. 

I save 100% of money i make at work and spend 50-75% of the rest.

I think they should be happy you are saving so much and they said u get 1000$ u should get 1000$, selling a house is alot of work.

I actually helped finsh the house. We bought it as a fixer upper and we planned to be done in like 10 years from now. It was a massive rush getting it all done so we could move for a job my dad got.

I DID have a job, and 90% went into savings. My grades are so poor and I am in Nevada noe so a job isn't an option

Then get your grades up

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Then be grateful for what you can get. I'm currently out of a job, so I'm working for my mum's company until I get accepted for my Networking Analyst Apprenticeship. Everything I earn is going in to paying to run my car and food. My mum has kindly lent me money to cover some of my living costs, but I'm not bitching about her not giving me $1000 and only $500 for a new gaming PC.

Do any work you can find. Offer to do extra work around the house or something in exchange for some pay. 

How dare they give you $500! 

Seriously, how ungrateful can you be? Get a job if you want to earn money.

We paid a contractor (who sat on his ass all damn day) to help us and we paid him like 5 times what I got paid. And I got stuff done.

Then get your grades up

easier said than done...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

autism and ADHD in a new school with new rules and 5 times the amount of students isn't helping my grades

Well now I feel bad bc I didn't know.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, though.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

We paid a contractor (who sat on his ass all damn day) to help us and we paid him like 5 times what I got paid. And I got stuff done.

Yes but you got stuff done on YOUR place. I didnt get paid anything when me and my dad were renovating the house. no, i paid for as much as i could afford from my scholarship. you know why? because im damn grateful that he was prepared to help and fund this so i could have a bigger room. and im grateful every day that my parents try to provide me with everything i need. im grateful for the times they thought ahead when i was stuck in the moment. When i didnt think i would regret spending some savings i had. I did regret spending it. but luckliy they convinced me then to spend less. 

Bottom line, they know what they are doing, and its for your good. So what if you dont have a 980ti and an i7. tough luck, atleast they give you the option of having a computer that can play games... Stop being so fucking self entitled and actually try to earn what you think belongs to you

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]