Batman is back!

So im not sure how many of you noticed this but if you already owned the game batman arkham knight then you should have a patch that adds a whole slew of graphics option like show in the picture below. However they still do not have an option to switch screens but i'm not that salty about that.

On my GTX 780 i was getting about 52 fps on average when running the ingame benchmark but in actuality i'm getting a solid 60.

Fps is also no longer capped at 30, but you now have options for 30/60/90 not perfect but much better.

The absolute best part is that you can turn off the horrendous film grain effect that they put in.knux5f7.jpg

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

I own the game but it's a glitchy unplayable mess.

That's the whole point of this patch

1080ti EVGA FTW3

Oh? Have you tried it yet? Is it fixed? 

yea on my 780 i was getting about 55 fps maxed out with all the new graphics options i edited the post with some more info

1080ti EVGA FTW3

Saw the thread title 'batman is back'.

And thought they had put it back on sale...

Saw the thread title 'batman is back'.

And thought they had put it back on sale...

yea sorry about that i realized that after i posted it and i cant change it now :/

1080ti EVGA FTW3

I will upload a video to show performance on a 970 using precision X 16 for an OSD. Capturing with shadowplay too so little affect to performance. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Is the game still a tank simulator?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Something to do when I get home! 

Then go back to playing Mad Max and MGS ;P

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

On your settings screenshot it says VRAM is overcommitted, and it's asking for 4GB. That seems excessive for 1080p

Still get the crappy fps dips in fullscreen 1440p mode, but if I do borderless mode it fine and the game feels so much better with 60+ fps now.

On your settings screenshot it says VRAM is overcommitted, and it's asking for 4GB. That seems excessive for 1080p

It gets to 4500MB on high settings with game works settings on, the high quality shadows take up A LOT of VRAM about 1GB difference from high to normal and the difference in visual quality is tiny. 

d42ec13b05.jpg

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Moved to PC Gaming.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Here is the graphics menu from Totalbiscuit's video from launch;

lvm2eFk.png

Just in case you guys were curious.

The differences seem to be; film grain, chromatic aberration, motion blur, max fps, and texture filtering being added. Which for me is nice because I hate motion blur and film grain in games, also I'm interested to see how the game looks without chromatic on cause TB's port report looked a little wonky because of it.

Well I just tested it, seems to have got rid of the fps slowdowns when running above 30fps. Previously I'd get some slowdowns to 45ish, when running at 60. One thing I have noticed though, there seems to be a bit more texture popping when flying around (they've probably had to do that, to get the thing to run @ 60fps). And it does indeed run at a stable 60fps, on my GTX 980.

Overall I'd say it has improved a lot thus far.

i did that so that i could show what the max settings were

1080ti EVGA FTW3

-snip-
Still crashes on startup for me ¬_¬

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

FYI, if you played this game before and tweaked your ini to unlock the fps (and do other things like remove dof and motion blur), the game might look like arse when you start.  Delete your ini and validate your files to get the new ini and open.  I was wondering why my game looked worse than before.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

FYI, if you played this game before and tweaked your ini to unlock the fps (and do other things like remove dof and motion blur), the game might look like arse when you start.  Delete your ini and validate your files to get the new ini and open.  I was wondering why my game looked worse than before.

This. It can also cause crashes and make the game perform the same as or worse than it did before the patch. A lot of people who complain that the patch didn't fix anything most likely made this mistake.

Even if they manage to fix all this technical crap. The Game itself is average at best.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO