The State Of This Forum

MahtXL

Well maybe with school back in the trolls will reside a bit. Of course probably not, being the internet a new troll is born every nano second.

And when you ban 1 troll, 4 more will sign up

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

There's still too many kids on here. Like, the under 15 kids. 

Age isn't necessarily relevant. What matters is attitude and way of thinking - I know 15 years olds that I trust more than some 40 years olds.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh i was the one spouting opinions as fact? I seem to recall you dismissing EVERYTHING amd without even a second thought. Not every pc has to have an intel cpu, and not every task is best suited to one, and some people just cannot afford the price premium they charge. I stand by any recommendation ive given, as it would be the best choice price to performance wise.

1. It was proven to you on numerous occasions that the 'price premium' is non existent

2. I never go exclusively by brand but by performance and price, or quality depending on what I'm choosing

3. And your one of the people I can quite rightly call a fanboy and biased-unlike you I don't give 2 shits about the company or brand as they are all as bad as each other (or good if you want to be positive about them)

4. Also, I know that every PC doesn't need to have an Intel CPU, I myself bought a Phenom II N970 to replace the P920 (worst Phenom II ever) in my laptop (which has Ati dual graphics), then there are my old and reliable CPU (motherboards died long before them) such as my AMD K6-II 500, AMD 386 DX-40, and my Ti 486 DX 100 (I've still got its stock cooler, but the mobo got tossed).

Edit: I'd also list my Cyrix 486 DX 25, but the less thoughts about that POS the better

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Age isn't necessarily relevant. What matters is attitude and way of thinking - I know 15 years olds that I trust more than some 40 years olds.

Yeah, there are some that aren't insanely immature and obnoxious. Most of the younger kids here are though. 

The problem is I don't understand what's considered flame wars, trolls, thread derailing, or what... Won't say anything specific, but a thread that has gone long past it's original intention, into a war between two sides and specific members just bashing each other's opinion, is still up and going with nothing having been done after a report... Yet, I'm going to say this openly, I get a warning point for this post 

As saying that, is me telling someone to Google something and not the fact I was showing I knew that not because I just knew it (and not because I like that channel), but because I had to Google search the image to find out... 

So yeah, not sure what goes and what doesn't anymore. I'm on the verge of just leaving anyway, as it's very annoying

Though this will soon be locked. 

The problem is I don't understand what's considered flame wars, trolls, thread derailing, or what... Won't say anything specific, but a thread that has gone long past it's original intention, into a war between two sides and specific members just bashing each other's opinion, is still up and going with nothing having been done after a report... Yet, I'm going to say this openly, I get a warning point for this post 

As saying that, is me telling someone to Google something and not the fact I was showing I knew that not because I just knew it (and not because I like that channel), but because I had to Google search the image to find out... 

So yeah, not sure what goes and what doesn't anymore. I'm on the verge of just leaving anyway, as it's very annoying

You got a warning point for that? Fair enough if you get one for a comment (I poorly worded one, so it wasn't taken in the intended context), but just that? wtf?

PMSL

You got a warning point for that? Fair enough if you get one for a comment (I poorly worded one, so it wasn't taken in the intended context), but just that? wtf?

Telling someone to Google something and LMGTFY styled posts are against CoC, though, In my honest opinion, I can't even see how I was doing that.

Telling someone to Google something and LMGTFY styled posts are against CoC, though, In my honest opinion, I can't even see how I was doing that.

Well, I looked at the post you made and while I see the point you were trying to make, you could have just as easily informed the person that it was possible to do a google search with images. (I'll admit I didn't know that could be done until I read your post). 

Well, I looked at the post you made and while I see the point you were trying to make, you could have just as easily informed the person that it was possible to do a google search with images. (I'll admit I didn't know that could be done until I read your post). 

Yeah I realise that, and see how it could be interpreted that way, but a warning point? 

(I'll admit I didn't know that could be done until I read your post)

Which is how I was intending for it to come across. 

Still though, its not your fault that you actually had to Google it for them-it wasn't LMGTFY, but simply doing the search yourself and posting the results really does mean that the mod was stretching the rules.

PMSL

Yeah, there are some that aren't insanely immature and obnoxious. Most of the younger kids here are though. 

Yes, unfortunately I'd have to agree with that. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Still though, its not your fault that you actually had to Google it for them-it wasn't LMGTFY, but simply doing the search yourself and posting the results really does mean that the mod was stretching the rules.

I'm not even bothered about the WP, as they expire, but it's more about the consistency of how the rules are enforced on this forum. Threads are locked because they have the potential to be a flame war, yet there's a thread still open with hundreds of replies that's just an argument against two sides from how I see it - which wasn't the intention of the OP, but to understand the perspective of the one side.

Yeah I realise that, and see how it could be interpreted that way, but a warning point? 

Which is how I was intending for it to come across. 

The police likes to focus really small unnecessary things. From the way they do things, it seems that there might be some miscommunication amongst them. @ThE_MarD for example. Great user, always helpful. Had to leave the forum since he received a PM from the mods saying that starting his posts with his iconic "Heyyo" Is not allowed.  

There are so many troubling issues with just this one case. 

1. How did the warning come after 960 posts? 

2. Why is it not allowed? 

It seems that the area that needs to be focused on isn't. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

The police likes to focus really small unnecessary things. From the way they do things, it seems that there might be some miscommunication amongst them. @ThE_MarD for example. Great user, always helpful. Had to leave the forum since he received a PM from the mods saying that starting his posts with his iconic "Heyyo" Is not allowed.  

I'd PM Slick about that one, as that's just damn right stupidity. 

Then i suppose the issue may lie not only in the influx of new members, but the non-standardized rules that each forum mod seems to be going by.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I thought we as pc gamers and computer enthusiasts were better than this, but sadly i guess not.

Fanboyism and brand loyalty are rampant among tech consumers in general, so most of the things you've listed are business as usual for most tech enthusiast forums. If anything, I think it's slightly better here.

You must be new to the internet son.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Then i suppose the issue may lie not only in the influx of new members, but the non-standardized rules that each forum mod seems to be going by.

Yea it seems the COC needs a looked at again to accommodate the growing community. There are some grey areas that need to be clarified. Like the one @LoneRangerS had.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yea it seems the COC needs a looked at again to accommodate the growing community. There are some grey areas that need to be clarified. Like the one @LoneRangerS had.

To be honest, I don't even think the CoC is the problem - it's well established and would do the job. The problem in my eyes, is some of the mods kind of pick willy-nilly which of the rules they're going to enforce and how, some stretching the rules a bit to take action on threads/posts/members for the sake of it. 

I totally agree. As other people have said, this place is Turing into the YouTube comment section. I think the recent apple thread has caused some of this. Originally it was a nice thread for people to state their opinions on why they liked/disliked apple, with other people replying agreeing or disagreeing. But towards some of the latter pages, people have came along making a statement that is stupid, badly spelt- and with no regard to what other people have said. I agree that one of the admins needs to start doing something- starting with locking that thread. They need to do this to stop the stupidity, and stop me from being on it 24/7 Ive already tripled my post count in that thread....

Most of the stupid posts basically just involve:

A: Apple is best, who cares about specs, fuck you!!!!!1!!!

B: who cares about you, stfu!!!!

C: I like apple because.....blalalba...and that is my opinion, and that's why I buy their products :)- these are the posts I was expecting, and for people to then bring up opinions on why they disagree without giving them death threats and telling them to f off.

I haven't been on this forum long, so can't really talk, but I believe this is what inspired you to make this thread, so this may of gone one before.

And lastly, if you enjoyed this forum, don't let some dicks on the other side of the world stop you from doing what you want to do :)

Funny thing is, my report on that thread was picked up by a mod a day or so ago - still going. 

Fanboyism and brand loyalty are rampant among tech consumers in general, so most of the things you've listed are business as usual for most tech enthusiast forums. If anything, I think it's slightly better here.

I dont know if i would call it "slightly better" when people outright ignore a brand they dont like JUST because they dont like it. Ive built tons of intel rigs for friends and neighbours, they said they wanted intel, i showed them other options, still wanted intel, respected there opinion, built the computer for them, of course the nature of using tech products will produce a bias in you when you get a product you enjoy, the best thing to do especially on a forum like this and when helping people is to put those aside and look at all options, or you are going to end up making people spend 450 bucks on a cpu to run a 750ti, just because you hate a certain cpu brand. And of course they dont know any better they came on here for help and people are sending them down the wrong path left and right. Ive even seen people go as far as tell someone to buy a 4790k for a BUDGET build. keyword BUDGET. Like come on, the guy said he wants to spend the least money for the most return, you dont say "yeh bro buy this 450 dollar cpu to run your 80 dollar gpu" thats what really drives me nuts. This kind of attitude is what drives competing brands into the ground and raises the prices on your precious fav part two fold because of it.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

People will be people

titties

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My bad, i did not realize this was a fight.

I shall leave your precious thread now and allow you with your 500 posts to have an opinion.

And this should now be the end of the thread.

The state of this forum, yeah the OP is part of it.

I mentioned he must be new to the "internet" not this forum, but instead he turned into an Elitist jerk and compared post count.

Hypocrisy is a real thing.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

And this should now be the end of the thread.

The state of this forum, yeah the OP is part of it.

I mentioned he must be new to the "internet" not this forum, but instead he turned into an Elitist jerk and compared post count.

Hypocrisy is a real thing.

^Beat me to the post button

PMSL