The State Of This Forum

MahtXL

And this should now be the end of the thread.

The state of this forum, yeah the OP is part of it.

I mentioned he must be new to the "internet" not this forum, but instead he turned into an Elitist jerk and compared post count.

Hypocrisy is a real thing.

He was more pointing out that you're a newer member to the forum, and so may not of had a chance to witness OP's points, I don't think he was trying to suggest his opinion is more valued based on his post count... 

snip

Yes, I know, all of that is unfortunate. But none of it is unique to this particular forum. For whatever reason, that's just how tech enthusiasts tend to be—at least a large, vocal portion of them.

Maybe you could like, report these people or speak to the mods/admins if you are so bothered by this. Instead of just hoping a mod will see this topic if this is so bad that you have to move away from this "toxic environment".

Just saying you know...

To be honest, I don't even think the CoC is the problem - it's well established and would do the job. The problem in my eyes, is some of the mods kind of pick willy-nilly which of the rules they're going to enforce and how, some stretching the rules a bit to take action on threads/posts/members for the sake of it. 

That is true, there is certainly some bias I've seen in the past.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1. People talking out there butts with obvious zero info on the subject they are tackling aside from bias preferences of 1 part vs another. We call these people fanboys.

What I notice more often is people trying to turn a thread in to something they know about... Example:

Q. In Hyper-V my Windows 10 VM cannot talk to the internet or the rest of my network.

Typical Answer. "You should switch to VirtualBox and use Linux."

Because telling someone who has a type 1 native hypervisor to switch to a hosted type 2 hypervisor and to switch operating systems without knowing why they're using the one they chose when the solution is "configure your virtual switch" is oh so helpfiul. Happens all the time in the OS forum... Instead of answering questions people constantly recommend alternate technology. 

Ignore and report. Ignore and report.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You people make too big of a deal out of this.

Its still a fine forum, just ignore the people.

Its no different than it was 1 year ago.

People are just over reacting.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The personal attacks are the best part, I welcome them. 

True, but some threads recently have got out of hand. We can't lose a good member of the forum because of Some other members being dicks...

i hope im not the "good" member you are speaking of im sure there are much more useful and insightful members on this forum, in fact im quite sure of it. All i do is give non biased suggestions, and shut down fanboyism when i see it, or provide a second opinion on a split subject. And of course the occasional question myself, because though i know alot, no one can possibly know everything.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

i hope im not the "good" member you are speaking of im sure there are much more useful and insightful members on this forum, in fact im quite sure of it. All i do is give non biased suggestions, and shut down fanboyism when i see it, or provide a second opinion on a split subject. And of course the occasional question myself, because though i know alot, no one can possibly know everything.

66 rep to 500 post ratio.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

sorry but is there a point to these posts?  some random person is butthurt about how things are going on a forum, and although i dont disagree, there is a lot of fanboyism on here, do you really need to make a thread saying youre leaving, like you expect anybody to actually notice if you just left?  hate to sound like an asshole, but if you dont like the community, then just leave, dont make a big deal about it and beg for attention on your way out.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

One thing I've really started to find particularly annoying. Are all these precious little snowflakes referring to fairly mild situations as "toxic environments".

Seriously, grow a thicker skin.

One thing I've really started to find particularly annoying. Are all these precious little snowflakes referring to fairly mild situations as "toxic environments".

Seriously, grow a thicker skin.

Yeah, its like they've never been on the internet before.... 

To be honest, I don't even think the CoC is the problem - it's well established and would do the job. The problem in my eyes, is some of the mods kind of pick willy-nilly which of the rules they're going to enforce and how, some stretching the rules a bit to take action on threads/posts/members for the sake of it. 

So you'd suggest a better process for selecting moderators - ones who aren't going to get bored and start stretching the rules for the purpose of abusing their position to dish out warning points. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

K

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

That is the state of every forum.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

LTT Forum - good representation of the human race, smart but really really stupid.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Welcome to the internet you must be new here.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You people make too big of a deal out of this.

Its still a fine forum, just ignore the people.

Its no different than it was 1 year ago.

People are just over reacting.

mods are more gestapo now

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Ya know, I use to make threads like this as well way back when. I taught myself to just tune out the crap now, and trust me, there's a lot less crap on here than on other forums. 

Allow me to introduce you to my former main forum, which I was on for 5 years straight until I switched to LTT. (Fun fact, I was 4th in terms of overall posts on the entire forum before I left.)

Here it is, the Bungie forum: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics/0/1/0/OffTopic

Here's a lovely excerpt:

85d3ae106d.png

(And somehow this is allowed.)

Whenever I start to think LTT is getting bad, I go on the Bungie forum and remind myself that LTT isn't that bad. 

COMIC SANS

Ya know, I use to make threads like this as well way back when. I taught myself to just tune out the crap now, and trust me, there's a lot less crap on here than on other forums. 

Allow me to introduce you to my former main forum, which I was on for 5 years straight until I switched to LTT. (Fun fact, I was 4th in terms of overall posts on the entire forum before I left.)

Here it is, the Bungie forum: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics/0/1/0/OffTopic

Here's a lovely excerpt:

85d3ae106d.png

(And somehow this is allowed.)

Whenever I start to think LTT is getting bad, I go on the Bungie forum and remind myself that LTT isn't that bad. 

Sure, it shouldn't be in off-topic, but it's hella funny.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I'm relatively new to these forums and have already learned a good deal more about tech thanks to some kindly knowledgeable members. Otherwise I've found it, in my limited experience, to be a pretty relaxed place.

I'm relatively new to these forums and have already learned a good deal more about tech thanks to some kindly knowledgeable members. Otherwise I've found it, in my limited experience, to be a pretty relaxed place.

Its just at certain times and because of certain people that there are occasionally problems. With some of them you might as well be talking to a brick wall, or bashing your head against one.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL