CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2

ciobanulx

Excellent. I will certainly follow this.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

So cionbanulx has been catfish this whole time...

Nah jk I'm also part of the Queensland crew

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Excellent. I will certainly follow this.

Thanks mate :)

So cionbanulx has been catfish this whole time...

Nah jk I'm also part of the Queensland crew

Haha not sure what you mean, I've always had my location set to the GC :P

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

A catfish is a person on the internet who fakes their identity to pursue deceptive online romances. I just said that because you and Burner MC were trying to arrange a meet haha. :lol:

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Subbed!  Really fantastic and imaginative work here.  And thanks for the detailed log!

Thanks a lot mate :D

A catfish is a person on the internet who fakes their identity to pursue deceptive online romances. I just said that because you and Burner MC were trying to arrange a meet haha. :lol:

Hahaha yea I get it now :P

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

A bit to far there @nmil but no seriously id love to meet my main inspiration of modders which include @ciobanulx @Snef @MetallicAcid @Mnpctech as well as @Maki Role

Plus on my profile it has my facebook and twitter contacts just incase that was not enough proof that I am not faking my identity, and just incase you still dont believe me proof is on my wall in front of my desk: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/183-show-off-your-setup/?p=5011337

Yeah man jk. I love all of those modders too and would love to meet them.

Thanks a lot guys! :D

Glad to be among those modders :D 

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates on the build lately. I've been working hard on it to get it ready for the EB Games Expo in Sydney next weekend. The build and I will be attending the Tt booth during the expo :D.

There have been lots of late nights working on it till 4am and this morning around 5am I'm happy to say it is ready. All wrapped up and ready for pick to get pallet shipped to Sydney.

Unfortunately there was no time for me to leak test it this morning before I had to get it ready so fingers crossed everything goes well once it arrives at the expo.

All I'm gonna share for now is this pic with it wrapped up haha. I've taken a bunch of pics as much as I could while working on it so will be posting throughout the following days before the expo.

More work will be done to it after the Expo, it will be all about the finer details after that :D

S4bJTpr.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

Okay guys here we go with the updates :)

I mounted the Thermaltake Commander FT Fan Controller to the front panel, drilled holes for the vandal switches and cut the shape for the acrylic that will go over the front panel aluminum.

This is a piece of smoke acrylic so you can still see through it. Something similar will go on the top panel.

The rest of the acrylic in the build is all gloss black, once the build is up and running and with LEDs, it should give some nice reflections.

ho2xwPa.jpg

vfi8WrN.jpg

EnWmrTl.jpg

c0iWyGu.jpg

Lwyg61p.jpg

WT2j2cJ.jpg

YjrJft3.jpg

spmw5DJ.jpg

v7jExXi.jpg

d7qySaO.jpg

r9TeyEm.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

Gonna keep the updates rolling!

Custom top panel windows piece is done. Smoked piece of acrylic will come over same as the front panel.

Tz2jfUX.jpg

All the pieces ready for powder coating. Going to be a gun metal looking colour.

DZnJk45.jpg

Drilling fan holes to mount with the MNPCTECH grills on the back panel.

B98XhDX.jpg

jsvZo38.jpg

Looking awesome with the Riing RGB fans!

XxkEFfp.jpg

CYDktaC.jpg

paQ6GYf.jpg

Two of the 480mm radiators going in the bottom section of the case with the Thermaltake T33 reservoirs on top on each side. I used the MNPCTECH 480mm acrylic grills to mount the reservoirs to.

greFESQ.jpg

And finally, running some Mayhems Blitz cleaning system through the rads. Thanks to PerformancePCs for sending through the kit!

i4U6ueF.jpg

2lWTzWN.jpg

Gotta be cautious with this stuff!

3kjOeOh.jpg

pJOBtAM.jpg

MUy17eJ.jpg

Z6NcInK.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

What are you're thoughts on the fans so far? They look great, but I have heard mixed things about their performance.

This one is quite unique! Following :)

Thanks a lot mate! :D

We Aussies have this one in the bag.

Thanks heaps mate! I sure hope so :D:P

What are you're thoughts on the fans so far? They look great, but I have heard mixed things about their performance.

I think the fans are awesome! Looks really nice and quiet too even at max. Not sure how they perform yet as I haven't run them in a system. Judging by the stated static pressure they should perform pretty well on radiators.

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

Got another update for you guys!

Some vinyl work for the rads and fans as well as finished some of the acrylic panels.

The vinyl work is based on the Elite Dangerous game, that's actually the emblem from the game. Think it looks really cool on the fans and rads.

AXjWOYo.jpg

paw5k5H.jpg

Had to do a lot of fans!

guX545W.jpg

otMTejc.jpg

I would stick the whole thing and then peel out the bits not needed. Pretty easy but time consuming.

aMytWxZ.jpg

4k9ZMZZ.jpg

tfJla8m.jpg

w6O0wMe.jpg

qLZJD8H.jpg

HYif1nr.jpg

This panel is the bottom front panel.

OEHfbfC.jpg

brEIKtR.jpg

qN0CtpV.jpg

okXQ6QW.jpg

Some MNPCTECH mesh, will look awesome behind the panel once painted.

vDGfXRK.jpg

Front bottom and top as well as back bottom acrylic panels mostly done!

2VIFKgl.jpg

MNPCTECH mesh and grills painted black.

c4jKd2o.jpg

And the case frame is back from powder-coating. Also bottom rads are in!

JZ8CK7H.jpg

Pump/res combos as well as the PSU are mounted.

PjjhKs9.jpg

And did some cable management for all the 16 fan cables coming from the bottom up into the top section of the case! I used four 1 x 4pin extension cables to turn the 16 fan cables into just 4 and these will connect straight to the Thermaltake fan controller at the front of the case. Thanks a lot to Performance PCs for helping out with these fan extension cables.

QAHaXSC.jpg

29PT4eD.jpg

That's it for now!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Those hand cut fan hub stickers are really clean!

Thanks but they are not hand cut, couldn't be this accurate by hand. I have a Silhouette Cameo plotter :D 

Damn that is a lot of radiator

Yea it's heaps :D

Where do you get your vinyl from? Somewhere in Queensland or do you order online?

I buy all of my vinyl on eBay, just from whoever has what I need. I have tried a few sellers now and saved some which have pretty good quality :D

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

I have probably one of the most exciting things to share, at least I think it is :P

I have been waiting weeks to show these! :D

Custom reservoirs Canis Majoris style! 

I really wanted the reservoirs to be unique in this build and I had an idea of these round spherical reservoirs with Mayhems Aurora fluid in them and making them look like a red giant star and a white dwarf star. So those are the two colours I'm going for in the two loops in this build. One will be orange looking and the other one a white with a little bit of blue in it. The reservoirs have two 5mm LED holes as well in order to try and light them up nicely and with the Aurora fluid they should resemble the two stars pretty good.

This idea came to me from the Elite Dangerous game as every time you exit a jump next to a star it's just an awesome experience!

These are about 150mm diameter and they are made up of two domes put together. I had a long chat with an acrylic manufacturer in my area for making these and at first they weren't really sure what I wanted but we managed to sort it out in the end. This design was sorta the only way to make a spherical reservoir thick and strong enough to drill the G1/4 thread and be all sealed and water tight.

At first I wasn't too happy with the way the gluing looked on them however after some Rustoleum frosted glass spray paint they came out really good. With coloured fluid in them they should look even better!

Check it out and let me know what you think. I'm not sure if anyone else has done this before.

u5ngRx8.jpg

pGFtHWF.jpg

yvTg9Zh.jpg

HgR6jAu.jpg

PdSU7TT.jpg

r5zjooo.jpg

QUfuYWb.jpg

tUAESdM.jpg

They took about 1.1L of water to fill each so there will be quite a lot of fluid going in this build! :D

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Well damn, those reservoirs are gorgeous. I really like the frosting on the frame/stand. It makes the spheres pop more.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log