Why is amd so good with dx12

Tattsyrup

xD hey man id have had a r9 295x2 over any card when it was released, i probs still  would have one.

I had a R9 290 until the 980Ti came out :$

Whatever AMD/NVIDIA does the 390 will still be better then the 970, and the 980Ti will still be better then the Fury X, that's just how these things work.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

There's a lot less overhead 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

check out somewhere on google somewhere dx12 ashes of the singularity results

amd had 80% performance improvement from dx12 over dx11

where nvidia had only 8%

That's because Nvidia's DX11 is already good. AMD's DX11 is horrible, and so DX12 looks good compared to their DX11.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

you mean only the fanboys? because theyre the only ones who believe what amd say, amd also said hbm would make a huge difference and what has happened? it hasnt.

HBM V1: No, Because only 1 freaking GPU in whole world has it

HBM V2: Yes. Because all mainstream and high-end cards will have it next year.

Even then, we might see advantages only in PC exclusive games which would have huge high-res textures.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

you mean only the fanboys? because theyre the only ones who believe what amd say, amd also said hbm would make a huge difference and what has happened? it hasnt.

Surprisingly I find a time where I agree with you. But it isn't just the AMD fanboys, it's also the people getting confused by the massive misinformation spread by that "test."

I had a R9 290 until the 980Ti came out :$

Whatever AMD/NVIDIA does the 390 will still be better then the 970, and the 980Ti will still be better then the Fury X, that's just how these things work.

i wish id have waited for the 390 tbh, id have had it over this 970.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Surprisingly I find a time where I agree with you. But it isn't just the AMD fanboys, it's also the people getting confused by the massive misinformation spread by that "test."

when have we had a disagreement :o, yeah i suppose, i looked at the hype and tbh i dont really see what the big deal is anyway, the game looks so boring that i wouldnt play it if i got paid to, whats the performance increase of amd on one game got to do with the rest of the games that will be released, people need to stop being brain washed, especially if they think every single game is going to get an increase like that, its impossible.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Im getting a R9 390 ... and im really interested to see how this goes ... ( now this thing usually places higher than 290Xs , so DX12 could only help , rite ??? ) 

Tho i guess Nvidia hasnt really done anything about their DX12 drivers ... 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Mantle will have given AMD a head start on dx12 utilization, but I'd expect Nvida to close the gap by the time we start seeing dx12 games. I'm not saying Nvida will catch up completely, but the 980ti should be able to pull away from the 290x at least.

My guess is that either AMDs DX12 driver is currently better or GCN just plays better with the DX12 pipeline than it did on DX11.

It's GCN at this point. Ars Technica explains it in their article where they do their testing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's GCN at this point. Ars Technica explains it in their article where they do their testing.

Ah right, I hadn't actually looked into it in detail past seeing some results posted on the forum. Thanks for confirming that.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My guess is AMD cards tend to have more raw horsepower. Its software and drivers that have given Nvidia the edge in dx11. DX12 allows AMD cards to reach their full potential.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

One game. An alpha one at that. Don't make conclusions without multiple data samples

I think some synthetic benchmarks showed a HUGE advantage for AMD as well. Cant remember if it was 3dmark, but a 290x was beating a TitanX.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

im sick of the amd fanboys like "m8 a 290x is as good as a 980ti in this game" im like yeah nobody gives a shit about that game, its one crappy game that 90% of people wont care to play.

I'm sick of fanboys in general because they aren't smart consumers.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

http://www.overclock.net/t/1569897/various-ashes-of-the-singularity-dx12-benchmarks/400#post_24321843

This might explain why^ Though I'm not drawing my conclusions yet. When gcn cards no longer have a large cpu overhead, they do seem to have more breathing room.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

****Opinion Alert******
My opinion is this;
We've really only seen one dx12 game benchmarked, sso right now there's not enough information to make an informed decision.
Some games run on select cards better than others. Maybe AMD has figured something out that Nvidia hasn't, but maybe Ashes of singularity is better optimized for AMD cards at the moment. I believe we're still too far out to start flame waring

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Yeah I think those games were better suited with AMD cards. And with the current driver release trends, Nvidia has been terrible at it.

Regardless of which card turns up the best, the rival will catch up eventually and it still majorly depends if the game developer wants to embrace dx12.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I think some synthetic benchmarks showed a HUGE advantage for AMD as well. Cant remember if it was 3dmark, but a 290x was beating a TitanX.

draw calls? 

Its one Game and means absolutly nothing at this point. I remember AMD´s FuryX Benchmarks...and we all know how they look now in Reality.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO