Why is amd so good with dx12

Tattsyrup

Where did you get this info from?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

well the general consensus bon this forum is that it will :c

We don't know how much it will improve... we only have a couple of experimental benchmarks...

Although it stands to reason to assume it will, since gcn cards have more raw computational power than maxwell; they just need to be utilized better, and that's what dx12 is for.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

check out somewhere on google somewhere dx12 ashes of the singularity results

amd had 80% performance improvement from dx12 over dx11

where nvidia had only 8%

The dx12 benchmarks on 1 GAME show it have more improvement

why is it based on mantle did amd and ms work together?

why is it based on mantle did amd and ms work together?

It has some mantle in it.

and 1 Game doens't prove much, we need lots of dx12 games tested. 

I don't understand.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

It's due to the GCN architecture.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

im sick of the amd fanboys like "m8 a 290x is as good as a 980ti in this game" im like yeah nobody gives a shit about that game, its one crappy game that 90% of people wont care to play.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Ummm what?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

well the general consensus bon this forum is that it will :c

The single game tested says yes.

AMD gpu's rely on brute compute power to get better fps, whereas nvidia is already using most of the potential of the cards due to better drivers and optimized games

Although take the results with a grain of salt, as we have yet to see a real benchmark

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

im sick of the amd fanboys like "m8 a 290x is as good as a 980ti in this game" im like yeah nobody gives a shit about that game, its one crappy game that 90% of people wont care to play.

Yeah indeed, and there are millions of games out there that still use DX11 or DX9 or older, at which Nvidia is still better.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

THEY DIDN'T. They're both performing the same in that ONE test.

What the OP is saying is that the 290X gained so much from DX12 compared to the 980. Is it significant? Not necessarily.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yeah indeed, and there are millions of games out there that still use DX11 or DX9 or older, at which Nvidia is still better.

exactly my good friend, amd fans be like "nvidia suks m8, we get dat fps"

lets wait until dx12 is properly out there and the majority of games support it, then we will see nvidia rise even higher.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

DX11 relies more on drivers optimization, with DX12, the game has more direct acces to the hardware, reducing the amount of potential optimizations to be made. AMD can't keep up with nvidia in DX11 because they don't have the software development power.

exactly my good friend, amd fans be like "nvidia suks m8, we get dat fps"

lets wait until dx12 is properly out there and the majority of games support it, then we will see nvidia rise even higher.

Well ayyyy lmaao you now sound like a NVIDIA FANBOY there is no need for this shit from both of us.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What the OP is saying is that the 290X gained so much from DX12 compared to the 980. Is it significant? Not necessarily.

Yeah but now people are confusing that AMD is doing so much better than Nvidia, they are not.

Well ayyyy lmaao you now sound like a NVIDIA FANBOY there is no need for this shit from both of us.

xD hey man id have had a r9 295x2 over any card when it was released, i probs still  would have one.

Yeah but now people are confusing that AMD is doing so much better than Nvidia, they are not.

That's true, I agree(on both fronts). One test doesn't prove anything, NVIDIA may have something up their sleeve, and most games will continue to use older versions of DirectX. At best, the test proves what AMD might be able to achieve with the GCN architecture.

you mean only the fanboys? because theyre the only ones who believe what amd say, amd also said hbm would make a huge difference and what has happened? it hasnt.