The Pranks are not harsh enough and the Censorship sucks

WhiskeyOmega

Watching Linus get pranked with the missing flight video and i didnt think it went far enough. He could have left for the airport or even got to the airport depending how far it is before letting him in on it. 

I also think the office getting trashed didnt go far enough . You could have just decided to move all the stuff you have to the new place and let the other discover all the stuff that was stolen is now in the new office or something. 

I actually could come up with a prank which im pretty sure would get everyone fired :D 

Also the censorship kinda ruined the office trashed prank video since there was so much swearing/cursing. I for one would like to see that uncensored. 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

tbh if you were in the scene, you would been on fire like berkel, he almost punched everything out of everyone

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Maybe they are not interested in creating a working environment where everyone needs to be paranoid about the next asshole "prank" someone is going to try and pull since everyone is going to be trying to outdo everyone else, fun and games are one thing but that can easily get out of hand when things go to far and people are not even wanting to come to work anymore because they are worried about a "prank".

Also if you are making a prank where someone gets so pissed its plausible they would consider firing people, you're just an asshole at that point.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Well, after the initial rush was over they would start calling the cops, so the prank can only last so long.

And I don't think you realize how much stuff there was in the office, there's no way to just move everything with three or four people over a weekend :P

SNIP

did i miss something ?

what prank ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

did i miss something ?

what prank ?

vessel

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Pranks aren't meant to be harsh, they're meant to be entertaining, even for those being pranked afterwards. Letting Linus get to the airport before realising is not funny, that's just cruel and punishing.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Pranks aren't meant to be harsh, they're meant to be entertaining, even for those being pranked afterwards. Letting Linus get to the airport before realising is not funny, that's just cruel and punishing.

I guess it depends where your sense of humor lies. Mine is pretty dark apparently. 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

The way they do it is just right.  If they would have taken it as far as letting Linus get to the Airport he would not have taken that well and just be pissed off. They do enough that they can all laugh at the end of it because it wasn't taken too far. I mean once you know you have said person being pranked whats the point of dragging it out other then too be an ass, have them sweat then stop for immediate relief and let the laughter ensue.  Also the entire time the New Prank was going on Im sitting here "damn someone is going to call the cops and there goes all the fun". Even though it was not shown Im sure Linus had that covered maybe said "Guys I've already called the cops" I wonder.

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

They are a tech channel, not a prank channel... If you want to see pranks that go way too far, there's plenty of channels dedicated to that.

I personally thought the office robbery prank had gone too far. If any of them had even so much called the cops without Linus knowing, they would've been in trouble. Or if Berkel had went outside and beat up some poor sap who was running.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Agreed on censorship. Probably has something to do with YouTube age ratings and search results.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The censorship is annoying. It's not like anyone in the world can't tell what they are saying, it's pointless.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Well, after the initial rush was over they would start calling the cops, so the prank can only last so long.

And I don't think you realize how much stuff there was in the office, there's no way to just move everything with three or four people over a weekend :P

I was affraid that the they were going to call the cops

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Yes, it could have been more harsh. But think it another way. Have you ever been targeted with really serious prank, ever? It might seem mild and even acted to cameras, but to people as target its already raising blood pressure and hearth rate. Also, pranks vary really much from what I see as stupidly bad (probably what you think is really good) to entertaining and candid camera style fun. If target can laugh at prank after it, its already worked as should.

Agreed on censorship. Probably has something to do with YouTube age ratings and search results.

The censorship is annoying. It's not like anyone in the world can't tell what they are saying, it's pointless.

Yeah, well. Thats american TV for ya.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Office robbery prank?  I think i must have missed that one. 

Link anyone?

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Office robbery prank? I think i must have missed that one.

Link anyone?

I think I missed that one as well...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I personally think he almost (only almost) went too far with the prank. The censorship is fine with me. OP, what would you have done in such a situation? We know it's a prank, but try and imagine your workplace got robbed, its your future. Also, what would have happened if they called the cops? "Haha it was just a prank" wont do it unless the cops were already in on it. This was quite a harsh prank to pull, anything more harsh would probably do more harm than being fun

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

This prank stopped just in time.. what the OP doesn't understand is that doing a prank like this on so many people is not easy. If someone goes off like berkel almost did (that was berkel right?), driving around looking for however robbed the place and knocking them out, and you don't know he went off then the prank went to far and out of control. Also when you're trying to stop someone like berkel from going off on one end, someone might be calling the cops on the other end. And the cops REALLY don't like prank they don't know about.... So next time you think of pulling a prank on someone, THINK before you do it..... (talking to the OP here)

It also took them DAYS clearing out the old office with all of them helping.... and you wanted them to clear the office out over the weekend with 4 people? that was never going to work.....

and about the censorship, yeah it sucks big time. It so obviously doesn't work because they've been doing that for decades and everyone still swears. So censorship is also completely useless...

I have no signature