Is there any hobby that doesn't cost money?

Chicken

Relax dude. I am taking the piss out of the fact that there were that many top posts and no legitimate hobbies. That's all.

See @Real_PhillBert got it.

I'm relaxed, just slightly annoyed by people who can judge so easily..

and gaming is not real hobby, wut?  :wacko:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wow!

You all need to get out more. At least @W-L's hobby involves going outside... I hope.

The only other legitimate hobbies apart from the one I gave were doing maths and writing short stories. Not my cup of tea as hobbies but at least its something. I was more of a run around outside kid I guess.

Pretty sure you have to go outside to go rob something.

I'm relaxed, just slightly annoyed by people who can judge so easily..

and gaming is not real hobby, wut?  :wacko:

Okay? I wasn't judging. It was a joke. As in "ha ha ha"... It is okay to have fun?

I know I've probably offended you again with this comment but fuck it, I'm on a role! B)

(Please don't take me seriously, again I'm taking the piss)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Working out :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Okay? I wasn't judging. It was a joke. As in "ha ha ha"... It is okay to have fun?

I know I've probably offended you again with this comment but fuck it, I'm on a role! B)

(Please don't take me seriously, again I'm taking the piss)

You know what I should do with your comments?

photo-73344.png

It's all good dude.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I would say fishing.. 

New Build!

#i7-6700k / Asus Z170i Pro / Zotac 980Ti / Silverstone Sugo SG13 / HyperX Savage 2666@CL13 / SS Platinum 650 / TD03-E

#i5-4690K@4,3Ghz / Asus Maximus Hero VII / NZXT Kraken X61 / GTX 980 Ti SLI / FD Define R5 / TridentX 2x8GB@1600 / SS Platinum 860XP /

Pretty sure you have to go outside to go rob something.

Touche. Not the best hobby though. Who am I to judge though?

@Minibois

This isn't real judging. Again I'm only joking.

:P

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Singing.  

Need to buy an electric keyboard to practice intonation or else you'll suck. Unless you have perfect pitch. Or you're extremely talented. Or use a sine wave generator mapped to computer keyboard keys...

This isn't a free hobby, in fact it will cost you some cash, a whole lot of it.  But it certainly has its perks. NSFW!

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Masturbating. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Many sports require very minimal amounts of money with enough programs and spaces to be considered truly free.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I second napping

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

programming

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Reading. You can get books in your local library for free. :)

Reading. You can get books in your local library for free. :)

Wow, a reasonable response to this thread. I did not expect that :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Sex.

Lies

Phone with tinder, sim plan for said phone, travel, hotel room, decent clothes, food and condoms. 

Twiddiling your thumbs.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Sleeping.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

people watching (especially the young female kind :D )

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Anime and manga can be free if you are fine with getting it not entirely legally.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

people watching (especially the young female kind :D )

not creepy at all.

Everything costs money unless you want a hobby of collecting pet rocks.

HEY!

Don't you knock on my pet rock collection!

Anime and manga can be free if you are fine with getting it not entirely legally.

Arrr?

very few... I would say jogging/hiking (presuming you have adequate footware and clothing which is not free).  Also perhaps volunteering... it isn't really a hobby, although it is free to do and could be viewed as a activity... maybe?

Cost-free hobby?

• Reading and writing
  • Anime and manga (if you put in the effort to look into where you can get them for free)
  • paper mache scale model building... (just use scraps and whatever binding agent you can find)
  • Car spotting... (perfect for boring long drives)
  • Bird watching..
  • Watching grass grow...
  • Watching paint dry...
  • Bonsai... sort of...
  • Community service...

Maybe running? If you wear clothes/shoes you already would own anyhow, and run for free outside. One could feasibly be well equipped for a run with running shoes they already own shorts and tshirt they own, phone and headphones they already own.

Depends how technical you want to get I mean the energy expenditure of running could lead to buying more food than you normally would, etc. but when you break it down that much nothing is really free.