Is there any hobby that doesn't cost money?

Chicken

Anime and manga can be free if you are fine with getting it not entirely legally.

If I'm actually going to get into something I'm not going to get it illegally. That's like telling me to steal cars if my hobby is car collecting and I don't want to spend money. And pirating anime isn't a hobby.

Anime and manga can be free if you are fine with getting it not entirely legally.

Fuck you and everyone else that pirates anime. You asshats make life harder for actual anime fans.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Get into Arduino.

If I'm actually going to get into something I'm not going to get it illegally. That's like telling me to steal cars if my hobby is car collecting and I don't want to spend money. And pirating anime isn't a hobby.

You can't compare physical goods like cars, to digital goods, your analogy fails.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Depends, i mean mountain biking for example doesn't cost much once you've set yourself up, but for example motorbike riding will always cost $$ as you need new air filters, petrol, oil etc. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

YoYoing can be fun and cheap, if you don't buy into the whole "I need the latest and greatest YoYo every week"......

Pete

Reading books

Writing books/novels

Reading about history

Those are my free hobbies anyway

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wow!

You all need to get out more. At least @W-L's hobby involves going outside... I hope.

The only other legitimate hobbies apart from the one I gave were doing maths and writing short stories. Not my cup of tea as hobbies but at least its something. I was more of a run around outside kid I guess.

You can fap outside..

hug trees

jump off bridges

fight people in the street

rob old ladies

roly poly down the street

walk on your hands

walk backwards

shout at cars

piss in alleyways

make empty toilet rolls into swords and challenge people in the street to duals

I could literally go on forever

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

uhm... 

nothing costs you any money if you worked for that money. 

technically if you've spend the money you earned form work you're just saving the ''effort'' of work and using that as currency. 

anyway, signing, dancing, people, 

go out into nature. see what you find. :3 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

You can fap outside..

Okay you can but like robbery we're getting into potential legal issues. I don't think indecent exposure and potentially getting on a sex offenders list is on the "recommended hobbies" list. :P

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Collecting rocks.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Okay you can but like robbery we're getting into potential legal issues. I don't think indecent exposure and potentially getting on a sex offenders list is on the "recommended hobbies" list. :P

Don't get caught then. :P

Oh I just thought of a good one.

Origami

maxresdefault.jpg

origami-pic.jpg

Although do you need to buy special paper for origami? If so, I would assume you could learn the basics with regular paper.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Don't get caught then. :P

"Don't get caught" could be the hobby itself. How many illegal things can you do without getting caught?

And when you do get caught (because it will happen), then at least you get known as, "there's that guy who does illegal stuff" as opposed to "there's that guy that wanks in bushes". You never want to be that guy!

translation: wank = fap

"Don't get caught" could be the hobby itself. How many illegal things can you do without getting caught?

Let's see who can cheat on their taxes the longest. :P

Let's see who can cheat on their taxes the longest. :P

Cheating on taxes??? Wow you really know how to have that anticipation fun [waits 15 years for the feds to kick door in, jumps up and says "oh you buggers; you got me!"].

Although at least you're off the sex offenders list. We're making progress!

I like programming, and it doesn't cost anything.

Cheating on taxes??? Wow you really know how to have that anticipation fun [waits 15 years for the feds to kick door in, jumps up and says "oh you buggers; you got me!"].

Although at least you're off the sex offenders list. We're making progress!

I'll claim my 48 pet rocks as dependents! *evil laugh*

I like programming, and it doesn't cost anything.

Electricity.

maxresdefault.jpg

That looks cool, does anyone know some kind of blueprint for that? Also can I do that with standard paper?

That looks cool, does anyone know some kind of blueprint for that? Also can I do that with standard paper?

Not a clue. I don't actually do origami myself.

I'll claim my 48 pet rocks as dependents! *evil laugh*

Maybe that whole tax thing can be more fun than I initially gave it credit for. You definitely get a thumbs up for that one!