Windows 10 "Walks The Plank"

Si3Rra_7

My fellow forum friends , from what i heard recently , windows 10 is a huge pile of shit poop that spies on you . And i was kinda ok with it ( never bought a ticket for the "oh noes my privacee" ship ) . Don't have any sensitive or very personal files like family photos and such , being a "young adult" the most valuable data i have is my buried treasure ( IYKWIM ;) ) .

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/428727-windows-10-is-a-keylogger/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/428879-windows-10-proven-to-spy-on-users-regardless-of-settings-or-system-tweaks/

But this , this really stirred up the morale on the ship , this might actually made me change course back to Eight Point One island. You know , with my piraty nature ( i know some of you disapprove and have good arguments against it , but i can't buy every $60 when it launches since i have no income other than the monthly $10 the country has just stopped giving me for upgrading to full fledged sailor ( aka adult ) , i do buy them later when they're cheaper , i got a boatload of games on steam (78) , and they're not $2 indies , add me if you'd like to http://steamcommunity.com/id/si3rra_7

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/423472-myce-windows-10-updates-can-disable-pirated-games-and-unauthorized-hardware/

The unauthorized hardware part doesn't really bother me unless it causes some troubleshooting down the line but , the piracy stuff ? :( 

Sorry if i wasted any of your precious time if you came to this thread just to cry give your opinion about how piracy is wrong , have a good day .

You will have to eventually update. In my situation I did not want Windows 8 and I live Windows 7 but had to update.

System: Thinkpad T460

I don't care. If they need that stuff they can have it, I like windows 10.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I wasn't going to use windows 10 anyway, i'm sticking with 8.1

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Oh you like it? a buggy piece of shit.

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

i really don't care if they know my location and what i type. they have me plus MILLIONS of people. i doubt they really care just about me. windows 10 is so much better than windows 8.1 from my point of view

Edited by MG2R

I have 0 issues with it. Bug fixes and refined functionality will come in time just like every other piece of software launched. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

i really don't care if they know my location and what i type. they have me plus MILLIONS of people. i doubt they really care just about me.

But still, windows 7 is just BETTER for a real pc.

Edited by MG2R

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

I agree, I already have facebook, google plus, hotmail, skype, one drive, etc they already have my data and information, I honestly don't care anymore, 

Oh you like it? a buggy piece of shit.

I have had 0 bugs or issues, all my software and applications are running perfectly, and Cortana sings me songs, so yeah... some of us are enjoying it

Why is it better? people can use whatever software they want... what the fuck is a "real pc" they are all real PCs, stop being so elitist 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I was going to write a lengthy post, but I like this answer better.

So yeah. I'm not giving up muh win 10.

You Updated from windows 7? you crazy nigga!

So did I. I won't even think about going back.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

please state reasons why windows 7 is a superior os?

I'll keep waiting to upgrade. Nothing about windows 10 interests me right now. And I might wait till windows 7 isnt supported anymore before I upgrade. I have till next July to get the free update so no rush from me. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

*Shit

SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIITSTORMS A COMIN'

You Updated from windows 7? you crazy nigga!

Aren't you foulmouthed sailors . 

please state reasons why windows 7 is a superior os?

win7 is like an old Porche 911 . The New ones are always better , and run smoother , even if my a little bit . But that little bit gathers every generation until you should upgrade ( like intel CPUs lol )

Windows 8 performs better than 7, and with a start menu "fix", it's the same. I like it. Haven't updated to 10 yet, but I haven't used my personal rig for like a month.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

I'll just wait until win 10 is not so buggy and see if it works out.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

There's ways to disable a lot of the crap.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If people want to hate on Win10 then let them and let them stay in the past with whatever old version of Windows they want to use, 10 is undeniably better than the previous versions and if youre holding back on updating because youre afraid of being spied on, then quite honestly youre overthinking it and being stupid

And to the argument "oh but theres thousands of bugs man" - No, theres not, yes things will mess up here and there (barely) but what else you expect from a probably third party app (smaller dev) running on a new OS, there are very minimal bugs and it bothers me when people "Im not upgrading because its buggy"...

And by the choices of your poll, you seem to be quite against Windows 10, Id prefer if you added "Yes I like Windows 10" rather than an option that basically says "Yeh I barely keep myself using it"

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm quite aware the home version of Windows 10 is basically a data farming farm for the NSA and Third Party companies...

Which is why if I am to adopt to W10 I'll probably buy W10 Pro so I can turn off that stuff and not be forced to update when the OS tells me to update...

@Swndlr afaic W10 isn't worth it (to me at least) until DX12 has shown its value. For Chrome and WoW on two AMD laptops (A8 4500M and A8 6410) W8.1 is noice. Right now DX12 could be a steaming pile of BS even though it's suppose to have the lower level hardware access that Mantle has but eh current games only support DX11 and earlier, DX12 adoption is going to take time, and some developers might not bother with updating an older game to DX12...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Privacy settings disable lots of them. Use FTP for filesharing, use your own servers for communication (teamspeak ssl server) instead of skype.

The only information microsoft gets out of me is my outlook mail. But the only information they get out of that is what i'm buying, so they can send me fine-tuned adds that get blocked by adblock plus +)

Also the OP sucks. Very tinfoil-hat-ish juvinile writing. So edgy it should wear a safety harness.