Are Consoles Worth Buying? And which ones do you like.

As a PC gamer, this is why people don't like us guys. Stop it.

And we honestly care what the people that play on consoles think of us?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

To be fair, we get really butthurt when we get trolled...

Well yeah, so easy to bait PC elitists 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

For zelda alone, i always pick up the nintendo console for the generation. Thats about it. otherwise a pc does everything better. duh.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

I play PS2 for older games, and I have yet to see a PC emulate PS2 very well...

How can you stand playing on PS2 without pulling your eyeballs out of your head xD

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Really just depends on the value of exclusives for me. Obviously if you own a PC any games that can be played on a console or a PC will be better on a PC (with perhaps one or 2 exceptions). However if you can't play a game on a PC because it is an exclusive, then maybe it is worth it to you to buy a console just for a specific one. For instance, I plan on buying a PS4 for the sole purpose of playing bloodborne, and I bought a PS3 just for demon souls. If you're looking for a console with the best exclusives in general, and you're not buying a console just for certain games, then the Wii has the best exclusives without a doubt. I have many friends who bought Wiis for legend of zelda and mario. 

Also, the only systems that have usable emulators are the game boy advance, and the nintendo 64. Pretty much every other attempt at console emulation sucks ass.

I don't understand why people get so worked up over this stuff. It's just games. Two people in this thread having a go at me for simply saying that the PS4 isn't a piece of shit....

No one's "worked up". If you state things that are just incorrect on a forum on the Internet you've got to expect some kind of response. Such is the nature of a public discussion. Crying now that what you said wasn't treated with ubiquitous worship is a little bit sad.

WII U-

Smash bros and Mario Kart 8. 'Nuff said.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Also, the only systems that have usable emulators are the game boy advance, and the nintendo 64. Pretty much every other attempt at console emulation sucks ass.

lmao. You just went full retard. Do your homework.

EPSXE - PS1

PCSX2 - PS2

DeSmuME - NINTENDO DS

MAME - Pretty much every common arcade.

Dolphin - GameCube and Wii

Top quality emulators for various platforms.

I have a WiiU and an Xbox One in addition to my computer. I have purchased many games both consoles and played them to some degree but not enough to warrant the amount of money I spent on the consoles. Do I regret owning the WiiU? Yes. The Xbox however I do not regret as I am unfortunately a fan of Madden and Fifa. So the question, my friend, is not is it worth it. The question is how much of a gamer are you?

lmao. You just went full retard. Do your homework.

EPSXE - PS1

PCSX2 - PS2

DeSmuME - NINTENDO DS

MAME - Pretty much every common arcade.

Dolphin - GameCube and Wii

Top quality emulators for various platforms.

those are all garbage, I did do my homework fuckstick.

I have a WiiU and an Xbox One in addition to my computer. I have purchased many games both consoles and played them to some degree but not enough to warrant the amount of money I spent on the consoles. Do I regret owning the WiiU? Yes. The Xbox however I do not regret as I am unfortunately a fan of Madden and Fifa. So the question, my friend, is not is it worth it. The question is how much of a gamer are you?

Fifa is on PC too so makes no sense. Madden is only a thing in US.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

And we honestly care what the people that play on consoles think of us?

Fair call. All I did was say that a PS4 is a reasonable spec machine for what people are doing with it. Not beastly but enough for playing games at 1080p. If I was to get a Steam Machine as a secondary gaming box for under my TV? That'd be about the spec I'd aim for. If I was really into a particular series? Then the spec wouldn't matter anyway and I'd get the console. Simple as that.

I just thought it was a bit childish for the reaction to be so obsessive. Nit-picking every single statement to try and corner me into saying that PCs are the only platform anyone should ever own. And this is directed to me, someone who doesn't own one of those PC-clone consoles. Someone who on the previous page was saying that the Wii U is the only console worth getting if you own a PC. I can't imagine the crap these people say to actual console fanboys when they're loose on the internets. They don't represent the views about PC gaming that I have ;)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Fair call. All I did was say that a PS4 is a reasonable spec machine for what people are doing with it. Not beastly but enough for playing games at 1080p. If I was to get a Steam Machine as a secondary gaming box for under my TV? That'd be about the spec I'd aim for. If I was really into a particular series? Then the spec wouldn't matter anyway and I'd get the console. Simple as that.

I just thought it was a bit childish for the reaction to be so obsessive. Nit-picking every single statement to try and corner me into saying that PCs are the only platform anyone should ever own. And this is directed to me, someone who doesn't own one of those PC-clone consoles. Someone who on the previous page was saying that the Wii U is the only console worth getting if you own a PC. I can't imagine the crap these people say to actual console fanboys when they're loose on the internets. They don't represent the views about PC gaming that I have ;)

Well that series shouldn't be exclusive in the first place, exclusives are bad. I don't know why developers/publishers still do it, pretty sure they can get a lot more money on all platforms.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well that series shouldn't be exclusive in the first place, exclusives are bad. I don't know why developers/publishers still do it, pretty sure they can get a lot more money on all platforms.

It's easy to say from our side of the fence but games need to get funding before they're released. To use a more recent and controversial example, Bayonetta 2 which Nintendo picked up as publisher. The original sold 2million on PS3 and 360, the Wii U sequel sold 750k. You could argue that if it was on every platform it may have sold 2million+. And it may have. But the game wouldn't have been released at all if Nintendo hadn't funded it. Same deal with games that are either internally produced or developed by second party developers. 

If you look at it trivially it's certainly a load of bull that exclusives exist but companies like Ubisoft and EA aren't going to take those sort of risks. I don't mind at all that there's competition and variety in the market. If these guys need to have exclusives to hold up their platforms? To keep more variety in the market? Then I can live with that. People can be as cynical as they want but I don't want the "big three" to die. That wouldn't be a good thing for any of us.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I'd say consoles are worth buying.  There are quite a few console exclusives, especially out of Nintendo, that make consoles a pretty solid purchase.  I certainly plan on getting a Wii U for a few games out as well as announced.  Also it seems to be the most console-y of the current generation out.  Might as well go all out if I'm getting a console. 

By and large, I'd say consoles will continue to be attractive to the average user simply for the known quantity they represent.  While a powerful PC is quite nice, some people don't want to deal with the "what card is more powerful" "is this enough" "should I go for something cheaper" type questions.  Consoles are certainly weaker, but they are all quite homogeneous within their respective markets.  There won't be a more powerful PS4 vs. the current PS4.  Maybe an occasional special edition with pretty paint, and maybe a larger harddrive. 

Fifa is on PC too so makes no sense. Madden is only a thing in US.

I have a 75" TV and a 27" monitor. It makes perfect sense man. 

I have a 75" TV and a 27" monitor. It makes perfect sense man. 

75 1080P tv ayy lmaaoo.

I have a 55 inch 4K TV next to my battlestation with 27 inch monitor

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I am on the edge right now--I really want to get one, but which one is the question? I love my PC and always will but some games like COD/Halo/GOW, you can't get on PC. The reason why I am stuck right now is because of the windows 10 integration. It seems promising, and I know that I will only beable to afford one. Any tips guys? I am back in my dorm and will be using a 21" ( 1080p ) for the time.

I am on the edge right now--I really want to get one, but which one is the question? I love my PC and always will but some games like COD/Halo/GOW, you can't get on PC. The reason why I am stuck right now is because of the windows 10 integration. It seems promising, and I know that I will only beable to afford one. Any tips guys? I am back in my dorm and will be using a 21" ( 1080p ) for the time.

None. No way 400$ is worth it for 5 games.

You got a R9 280, sell it buy a 980Ti with that extra 400$. Or atleast a 390(X) 8GB

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

• 3 weeks later...

CoD is on PC too and you realy want spend 400$ for a shitty console with 5 Exclusives you will be through after 3 weekends, because most of them are 6-10h Jokes for 60€ each? Cmon. Safe that Money and upgrade your PC. Fuck that Exclusive Nonsense.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO