My trip to Gamescom: (Picture Heavy, potato quality)

The games that I managed to play: 

• Forza 6
  • Overwatch 
  • Mirrors edge catalyst 
  • Tear away unfolded
  • Hearthstone the Grand tournament expansion

Favourite game: Overwatch

New Xbox One controllers: 

$150 of controller goodness. 

1e50f56f7f.jpge839d77adf.jpg

Ford GT forza 6 controller:

4e9690196c.jpg

Halo Controller:

594e1d95a0.jpg

The only real reason I took a photo of this one is because It had a really cool transparent display showing it. 

Pro controller Impressions: 

The controller felt very premium, because I was using it with forza 6 many of the features were pointless like the alternate trigger style, it practically halves the throw on the trigger. The D-pad felt a little strange, but yet again I didn't really use them much. The sticks felt godly, the metal shaft of the controller made the sticks feel super, no more plastic on plastic clicking action that makes controller sticks feel horrible. It also has a 3.5 mm jack I wasn't entirely sure what headphones they were using along side but I didn't really get a feel for the sound quality as it was really quiet, but I'm sure it's fine. They didn't have the paddles on the back of the controller sadly, I feel like you would need to set it all up yourself before hand if you were to use those. I obviously couldn't try the different trigger response curves. 

Bottom Line, don't buy one unless you have a lot of free cash. 

Forza 6:

3fabbbcbbf.jpg

Forza 6 felt okay, my favourite part had to be when I drove an Audi around I think it was brands hatch in the rain. God driving in the rain is hard man. I've never felt aquaplaning like that in a game before, it puts the rain in GT5/6 to shame for sure. They are ones for testing things methodically turn 10 so they have 100 different friction coefficients for materials when in the dry and the wet, so every surface feels different. I spun a few times when I tried going through a puddle, damn you've got to avoid them otherwise you're gonna lose total control. I also tried the ford GT at the rio track, it has tires that actually move when you crash into them, that was the biggest improvement. As with all racing games you're gonna like racing certain cars around certain tracks, they had a wide selection but they didn't have the cars that I would most like to drive. The last one I tried was a Lamborghini Huracan at sebring at night, that felt really good. I'm not sure how it handles compared to something like forza 5, but from what I remembered of forza 5 it felt similar(just I hadn't played forza 5 recently that's all). 

ad37f80826.jpg

New Ford GT and they also had triple screen set-ups with motion cockpits but the wait times for that were 2 hours so I didn't bother at all. 

Hearthstone:

ddc7d2b401.jpg

HOLY CRAP IT'S KRIPP! 

33cfea7a77.jpg

Hearthstone was awesome just because I got to meet kripp, and shook his legendary hand, I didn't think to "brofist" him because I wan't thinking, shame on me yeah I know. He was streaming at the time, you could tell he didn't want to be there somewhat, probably just because he was practically being a tourist attraction :D. Anyway super awesome guy glad that I got a chance to meet him. 

I played TGT, it was setup in such a way that you would play two classes: mage and paladin. Mage was super OP it seemed, from the two games that I played with my new found friend. Maxim super cool guy too btw. There were lots and lots of stations with players on, you played the person opposite you and you could talk to them through battlenet just like you would normally. The new insipre mechanic, which is where you use your hero power and you get a benefit from was quite cool, however I just think it would be too slow, the game would have to slow down considerably to use cards such as this: 

635732557249629125.png

This isn't going to win you games against something like face hunter, however this next card could: 

tuskarr-jouster.png

I think I might just play this card for the art alone, I mean it's a freaking turtle and a walrus, has got to be the best art in the game. Using this card with cards such as antique heal bot 3/3 for 5 mana that heals for 8, and lay on hands, guardian of kings, seal of light, true sliver champion. You would just annoy the hell out of your opponent and that would be funny as hell. The secret effigy that was really awesome(replace a minon of the same cost with one which had just died), I think that hearthstone is best when you're thinking strategically about the probabilities of certain secrets and guess what it could be, play it wrong and it could make you lose the game, play it right and you seal the game.  One last thing I want to talk about hearthstone wise the brand new mechanic jousting, the mechanic is simply put: you play a card with joust flavour text, then the game takes one card from each deck and compares their mana cost, person which has the higher mana cost wins if you win you get the benefit if you lose you don't get the benefit, however this is only with minions, the really interesting thing is that you could have a deck that's filled with early game spells to take board control and you make huge plays in the mid to late game with your higher costed minons which are a benefit to you. 

9c47c44f2d.jpg

I could bore you all day with hearthstone but i shall move onto the next game. 

Overwatch

The game has to be the funnest FPS I've played in a while, the controls feel solid, every character feels unique and every character has their own special abilities. I played reaper and bastion. Reaper was a stealthy character in which you had two abilities. 

Bastion was my favourite, just because of his Q ability where he turns into a tank.

WOW! they've changed it, in the video it's a remote mine, it's nothing like that any more, you control a remote tank and you can wreak havoc firing bombs everywhere, in the short time that I had that ability I killed about 5 people. 

Most of the videos of the event that I took are still being processed, there was some really cool stuff there, some things most of you have already seen before like that transforming PC case that rotates the mobo tray 90o

So this is where I just dump a load of photos and view them if you're interested. 

81daed636f.jpg

26bb58bad0.jpg

f8934278d3.jpg

5aa11a8aeb.jpg257673e1c8.jpg

4f065c6251.jpg

iRacing Setup was working.... not ... 

7f8d587454.jpg

1cb1f574f0.jpg

Tie Fighter made from Wood and spray painted, was freaking huge and super awesome. 

I wish I had time to play more games, my mirrors edge hands on got cut short sadly, also just an insight into the current development of the PC version, mouse and keyboard support doesn't work yet, or it does but not very well, but again it's alpha and they still have a long while till they release it, I think it's coming 23rd Feb 2016. I played about 3 minutes of the 15 minute demo(most of the first three minutes of the demo was cut scenes/un-interact-able in game cut-scenes), before hand we had to watch a video in what was practically a movie theatre and they made us wear headphones and no filming was allowed sadly, but most of the information that was said is already known to the public anyway, like the open world nature the story behind the game. 

They had awesome keyboards G110+ with custom mirrors edge logos on all of them, so perhaps their going to release some peripherals for the release of the game? However it could just be normal G110+ keyboards with stickers on them, it was hard to tell. 

The hardware they had there was insane, I'm pretty sure there were a lot of (ASUS monitors) g-sync and 3d vision monitors at many stations including blizzard and EA. There were mechanical keyboard everywhere, even at hearthstone, razer deathadders for overwatch, never used that mouse before but I might get one as it's so damn comfortable. 

Anyway I really can't be bothered doing any more about gamescom, I had a blast, I'm definitely going to go next year, awesome time, awesome games and awesome people. 

If you have any specific questions about the games I played just ask below. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Nice!

Reminds me of the times I went to FirstLook (Dutch gaming convention, smaller than GamesCom, but same atmosphere).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Nice!

Reminds me of the times I went to FirstLook (Dutch gaming convention, smaller than GamesCom, but same atmosphere).

Sooooo many people there it was insane, queues that were like 2hrs long for most of the EA line up, wanted to play both battlefront and need for speed, but just couldn't be bothered waiting that long. I'm a huge hearthstone fan, just meeting kripp alone was worth the trip/

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I need to do stuff like this instead of running shitty mc servers...

Great way of meeting new people, my social skills are not great, but some many people like minded there its so easy to find some one with the same interest in terms of gaming. 

Reminds me of e3 except I hate lines...

I'd go - if a round trip flight out of Canada to Cologne didn't cost 2.5K :/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I'd go - if a round trip flight out of Canada to Cologne didn't cost 2.5K :/

Probably the best bet is going to e3, that's open to the public I think ( I'm not 100% sure however). 

Is gamescon in germany?

because of the license plate

i hope someday well have stuff like this in my country ;( , but not possible since were too small

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

do you reckon the xbox elite is worth the 150 price tag

Its all about those volumetric clouds

do you reckon the xbox elite is worth the 150 price tag

The real question is is 150 ever a reasonable price for a first party controller...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory