700€ build for a friend

1Scotty1

Hey, folks

I would like your advice on a 700€ build for a friend. Just a case with internals, no peripherals or monitor or any of that.

The usage is PURE gaming, no overclocking planned also.

Post your suggestions :) Any questions? ask below :P

Thanks

Where does he live, where would he order from? Would he care about size?

-Snip-

Equestria is not on google maps. Is it close to USA? (/s I'm just taking the piss :P. Working on the build. Just tell us location pls!)

EDIT: Does he need silence/low power consumption @1Scotty1?

EDIT 2: SLI/Crossfire @1Scotty1?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

EDIT 2: SLI/Crossfire @1Scotty1?

Is it possible at that budget? :D but preferably no

Is it possible at that budget? :D but preferably no

Well, SLI/Crossfire capabilities for the future ain't hurting nobody :P

EDIT: AIO Watercooling, Stock Cooler or Air Cooler @1Scotty1?

EDIT 2: and what games does (s)he play?

Basic guide to CPU's!

Well, SLI/Crossfire capabilities for the future ain't hurting nobody :P

EDIT: AIO Watercooling, Stock Cooler or Air Cooler @1Scotty1?

EDIT 2: and what games does (s)he play?

Air cooler can be sufficient and he plays mostly WoW :D

-Snip-

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/79MfLk

Okay, fine. Maybe it's 5 euros over budget. Just. I don't really care :P.

Allow me too explain why I chose these quirky parts:

• Intel i5-4690. I'm interested in CPU's (hence my CPU guide) and I know how important a good IPC and core count will be in a cpu intensive game like WoW. So, I picked the best i5 one can get at the moment. (That isn't Unlocked)

• Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I picked this thing cause it's more popular then the holy grail of music Nu Metal. But, I guess it deserves it. It's cheap and does the job.

• MSI H97 PC MATE: It's cheap. Fits the Blue colour scheme. It's gud :P

• Kingston HyperX Fury Blue (8GB 1600MHz CL10): I guess you can switch this out with anything else. It just fits the colour scheme, is low profile, and has a pretty good Latency (which gives a tiny boost to FPS in some cases).

• 1TB WD Blue (WD10EZEX): You can choose between this and the Seagate version. Don't really care. Don't see the difference :P. I just know the name of this, so I picked it.

• Zotac GeForce GT610: And I think you just widened your eyes x1000. Yes, I selected a GT610. Why? Cause it's cheap. It's literally the only thing that fitted. You can upgrade it later, or if he can increase his budget, just swap this out. Maybe it's even better to just use iGPU. But in case it isn't, this may do the trick.

• Corsair Graphite 230T Grey: Looks good, has a window, pre-installed fans, cheap, LEDS, and fits the colour scheme. Why not.

• XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular: Fully Modular, and cheap. Don't worry, it should be good. If you DO want to swap it out, @STRMfrmXMN or @Aniallation . They got the power! (supplies) (Best pun)

Basic guide to CPU's!

•  
  • XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular: Fully Modular, and cheap. Don't worry, it should be good. If you DO want to swap it out, @STRMfrmXMN or @Annialation . They got the power! (supplies) (Best pun)

It's a good PSU so I don't see any reason to switch it out :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||