Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

G4w79GU.png

- Listen to this until midnight!!  B)  B)

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I wonder if you have the solution as to why on my end, manually launching GWX.exe does not load the "Get Windows 10" application.

Didn't work for me either. i just got all updates, but no Win 10 preload.Tried fancy stuff with GWX,nothing.Anyway,I went to the beach and when I came back it had been downloaded.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

For those who already have the preload but no luck in it actually installing, try this in cmd: wuauclt.exe /updatenow.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

For those who already have the preload but no luck in it actually installing, try this in cmd: wuauclt.exe /updatenow.

Does nothing for me :(

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

It works!

I just used cmd to check for updates manually and I guess I'll install it now.

pX4fFsE.png

What command did you do exactly? I tried wuauclt.exe /updatenow but it didn't have any effect on enabling the install.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

post-30533-0-12413300-1438129475.jpg

This is how me and my friends are right now, glued to our PCs waiting for Windows 10... 

post-30533-0-12413300-1438129475.jpg

I'm Batman!

Does nothing for me :(

Is it July 29th there yet?

I'm not sure if I get the windows 10 upgrade today as I had an issue a few weeks ago that required windows to be reinstalled but once I reinstalled it the revered icon was gone and I haven't been able to reserve it again. Since I reserved before reinstalling windows can I still upgrade or will I have to wait for it to be released for people that did not reserve?

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

I'm not sure if I get the windows 10 upgrade today as I had an issue a few weeks ago that required windows to be reinstalled but once I reinstalled it the revered icon was gone and I haven't been able to reserve it again. Since I reserved before reinstalling windows can I still upgrade or will I have to wait for it to be released for people that did not reserve?

Make sure Windows is activated, make sure that all updates, including optional updates are installed. make sure you have the latest drivers for all your hardware. Once all done, restart and wait 10min a real 10min. See if the icons pops-up.

If all else fails try this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/i-want-to-reserve-my-free-copy-of-windows-10-but-i/848b5cce-958b-49ae-a132-a999a883265b?auth=1

It is here.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

July 28th, 2015 7:32:42PM

I'm Batman!

Hmm I can't force the installation. But I saw this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/default.aspx

Apparently Windows 10 Pro is not released yet? Anyone who installed so far, got Win 10 Pro, or are everyone just getting home?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I was wondering why my C drive was smaller.

I guess I'm getting it tomarrow then :)

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Hmm I can't force the installation. But I saw this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/default.aspx

Apparently Windows 10 Pro is not released yet? Anyone who installed so far, got Win 10 Pro, or are everyone just getting home?

That's for retail purchases of Win10, has NOTHING to do with reserved copies. 

I'm Batman!

Make sure Windows is activated, make sure that all updates, including optional updates are installed. make sure you have the latest drivers for all your hardware. Once all done, restart and wait 10min a real 10min. See if the icons pops-up.

If all else fails try this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/i-want-to-reserve-my-free-copy-of-windows-10-but-i/848b5cce-958b-49ae-a132-a999a883265b?auth=1

Thanks, I'll try that once I get home. I hope this works. (I'm not looking forward to downloading the update on my 4mb/s connection, I know it's not the worst but it's not great) 

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

Windows 10 is here!

0CAMSkV.png

People running Windows Pro/Ultimate and 8.1 Pro will get Windows 10 Pro.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Looks like I'll need to wait until the iso is released-Windows updates is outright broken on my computer, and its a clean, stock install of Windows 7.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The $Windows.~BT should be around 5.57GB.

I'm Batman!

People running Windows Pro/Ultimate and 8.1 Pro will get Windows 10 Pro.

I know, I just wondered if people had gotten the Pro version to install so far.

My folder goes up to 140 Megs and then just stops.

Don't worry, it downloads in the background and then make a huge jump.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

It'll jump up randomly. It will go from 140MB to like 3GB lol.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

mine is stuck at about 90MB so you are farther than me! xD 

Guess its just a waiting game... 

I really don't like how this is going down. I feel helpless like I can't install it when I want to. Really wish they would of just released a client at midnight or something that downloaded and installed it for you instead of going through this reservation thing.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It'll jump up randomly. It will go from 140MB to like 3GB lol.

guess this means I need to leave my laptop on for the next week until it finally decides to download??? like really?!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

That exact step lasted a flash instant for me when it claims to take 10-30 minutes, and I still did not get the app going. GWX refuses to even show up as a process regardless of what I do.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.