Least Favorite Tech Brand?

Asus and Corsair are highly overrated.

I don't hate them, they are just really overrated, is all.

may i ask why you think that? because i find their generally good rating comes from a higher standard of quality, it stands to reason to me anyway that they would be deserving of their rating

The amount of ignorant idiots in this thread bashing Apple for completely false and invalid reasons; 'overpriced' & 'underpowered' are the only reasons people are able to come up with? Some not even able to provide any. Seriously? At least know what you're talking about before talking negatively about it. 

If you quote me on this, with the intent to start a flame-war, i probably won't reply; not because i don't accept your point or opinion, but because the people I'm talking about tend not to do the same back. 

Oh, and i'm not an Apple fan-boy, wouldn't even call myself a fan.

I never liked Apple and their marketing schemes. I could care less about their products but the whole trending thing is downright pathetic but Apples feeds off that, essentially forcing people into the loop. Sure, they are good at it, that's how they've been so successful. Ripping computer illiterate people is their deal. 

Razer is something I'm guessing we can all agree on, they do exactly what Apple does. Feed off the average gamers into buying their products. If it doesn't have the word "Gamer" on it, then it's not Razers.

Nvidia has been reaching my dislike zone for ages, pulling off multiple dirty moves since as long as I can remember. Granted, I own a Geforce card, I sometimes wish AMD was dominating them again. Also, I could care less about Batman games, my hate doesn't come from them or how they screwed The Witcher 3 (I never liked those games anyways).

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

I would have to say corsair. They have great support and return policy but let's just say they wouldn't need that if they actually had decent quality control...

may i ask why you think that? because i find their generally good rating comes from a higher standard of quality, it stands to reason to me anyway that they would be deserving of their rating

ASUS's motherboard is excellent, but I find that their rest offering that they have is mediocre, including their laptops, graphics card solutions, etc.

And for Corsair, then I like their RAM. Where as all their other stuff if  overrated, especially their cases. They just don't offer anything out of the ordinary.

So much apple hate lol. I am not an apple "fan", but come on guys. Their build quality is second to none. That all costs money. The money into R&D and all the engineering that goes into their stuff... no, it doesn't equate to the high price they charge, but it does make up a lot of it. The rest of that price differential is basically there to make you feel special, at least in their laptops. Its a monetary barrier to entry, which you can agree with or disagree with, I will not argue that point....

But their phones.... come on. nothing, and I mean nothing, is as well built or as well engineered as an iphone. That costs money... So give them a little slack. And their phones perform plenty fast, hell, they are faster feeling than an android of the same era. Better OS + full hardware control = winning ;)

My iPhone 5S was the worst piece of tech build-wise I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of owning and having to use. The front of the screen had popped out 1 year into my contract, basic apps constantly crashed, the phone itself would constantly crash and force a hard restart. It was garbage. iOS was completely shitty once it got to 7.

The OS is just subpar and is not productive or efficient in any way compared to Android. I would know, I've used an iPhone 3G, 4, and 5S, and now I finally own an S6 Edge. The S6 Edge is miles better. As a matter of fact the only one of those iPhones I had a flawless experience with was my 3G--it was built like a tank and was much more consistent and reliable than the 4 and 5S.

With that being said, I think their laptops are nice hardware wise with the aluminum build and great trackpad. I'm not a huge fan of OS X as I've been able to experience it for the past year on my own MacBook Air and OS X simply isn't as good as Windows for anything really. The only reason OS X is "better" (or even good at all) is because it's an Apple product. I don't think anything they make aside from notebooks are worth half of what they're priced at.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

My iPhone 5S was the worst piece of tech build-wise I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of owning and having to use. The front of the screen had popped out 1 year into my contract, basic apps constantly crashed, the phone itself would constantly crash and force a hard restart. It was garbage. iOS was completely shitty once it got to 7.

The OS is just subpar and is not productive or efficient in any way compared to Android. I would know, I've used an iPhone 3G, 4, and 5S, and now I finally own an S6 Edge. The S6 Edge is miles better. As a matter of fact the only one of those iPhones I had a flawless experience with was my 3G--it was built like a tank and was much more consistent and reliable than the 4 and 5S.

With that being said, I think their laptops are nice hardware wise with the aluminum build and great trackpad. I'm not a huge fan of OS X as I've been able to experience it for the past year on my own MacBook Air and OS X simply isn't as good as Windows for anything really. The only reason OS X is "better" (or even good at all) is because it's an Apple product. I don't think anything they make aside from notebooks are worth half of what they're priced at.

I disagree lol.Everyone has different experiences, but I have had the 3g, 4, 45 as ipod, 5 (got stolen) tried the HTC one M7 (sold it because I didn't like android at all, and I was on cyanogen 12 I think it was) and now have my 5s. The HTC was probably the most well built android, and it wasn't bad, I give it that. But it still wasn't an apple product. Nothing feels as solid in the hand as an iphone, and knock on wood I have never had an issue with one. My 5s does get some springboard crashes, but that is also because I am still on 8.1.3 I think since that was the latest jailbreakable version at the time, but now that 8.3 is breakable, I plan to upgrade soon which should help some of the issues. But.... still, springboard only crashes like once a week, and I accept that seeing as I am jailbroken + on a not so stable version of IOS.

They are undoubtedly the best at cramming hardware into a small device, and doing it well. Sure you can argue they could have put a bigger battery in there, I would agree with you, but you can't take away the fact they always push the boundaries of size, speed, weight, screen quality and overall build quality. Android is slowly catching up with a few models, but still not as well built as an iphone, especially from an internal engineering standpoint.

As far as OS, its such a personal opinion. I had tasker doing so much shit on android and I still wasn't happy. I truly think a jailbroken iphone is an amazing experience, and I couldn't replicate a lot of my jailbreak features in tasker no matter how hard I tried. And not having imessage, god that was horrible. I agree apple should allow other manufactures to fucking use imessage instead of keeping it locked down to internal use only, they are a crappy company because of their morals no doubt. But still, like I said, my iphone has 0 app crashes, not just this one, but every iphone I have had. Its just a solid system that as a result of being so vigorously and annoyingly locked down and controlled, results in apps that just kinda work. No weird bugs or glitches or anything in my experience... But I do admit, Android > stock iphone, but jailbroken iphone > everything else on the market period (personal opinion obviously).

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Razer, Alienware, Apple, ECS, Seagate, Hitachi, Kingston, and in some cases Logitech.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

RCA.....Well because I owned three of their tablets and all failed to nothing more than a battery failure within 3 months

Alienware...Over priced laptops Imo (like what many people said, you can build a pc with the prices of dem laptops at a lower price)

Oh and pretty much ANY third party brands that try to re-create the controllers for ps3 and xbox 360 :P 

*Had some other brands in my mind but can't think of them, will come back* :)

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Turbo X

it's the shittiest brand ever.. it's a greek brand (good thing it only sells in greece) and its made out of the cheapest stuff

i kinda hate razer as well even if im a fanboy at the same time. weird to explain, but their stuff really fits me and my needs even if they are expensive as fuck and overrated as hell.

i just buy them cause i like to treat myself (btw i'm not 100% satisfied from blackwidow chroma, i gave like 170$ and expected it to be perfect but there's some minor shit going on like ghosting or a bug with its leds that i need to change the brightness or something else from the options to fix it everytime i start my pc)

Apple, probably. Nothing against their products, just their attitude towards their customers, someone else's customers and other tech companies.

Razer, beats, alienware, and pretty much any "gamer" series product.

I dno, I rather like logitech's gamer stuff. Their darkfield stuff is really awesome, too.

I do get where you're coming from though, I really don't know why some manufacturers get the idea that "gaming peripherals" can't have a simple design, which makes them even more expensive on top of the premium you pay for it to have the "gamer" label. The RAT5 is a great example. Probably a great mouse, but does it really have to look like a cyborg? Some of the razer stuff suffers from this as well.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Dell, had too many products off them that have either broken within days of purchase or been so bad that I've sent them back. Wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. After that razer for one reason. SYNAPSE

Nvidia, Biostar, Apple, Alienware, Corsair (more like overrated), Gigabyte, Razer, Beats, Mad Catz and Seagate.

ASUS. Every ASUS product I owned has broken within 6 months.  i take really good care of my products too

I would have finished that but i got distra-oh my god is that Linus!?

Apple for the price, underpowerdness, and attitude towards other competitors

Adobe -Flash used to work until they bought it from MacroMedia

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I disagree lol.Everyone has different experiences, but I have had the 3g, 4, 45 as ipod, 5 (got stolen) tried the HTC one M7 (sold it because I didn't like android at all, and I was on cyanogen 12 I think it was) and now have my 5s. The HTC was probably the most well built android, and it wasn't bad, I give it that. But it still wasn't an apple product. Nothing feels as solid in the hand as an iphone, and knock on wood I have never had an issue with one. My 5s does get some springboard crashes, but that is also because I am still on 8.1.3 I think since that was the latest jailbreakable version at the time, but now that 8.3 is breakable, I plan to upgrade soon which should help some of the issues. But.... still, springboard only crashes like once a week, and I accept that seeing as I am jailbroken + on a not so stable version of IOS.

They are undoubtedly the best at cramming hardware into a small device, and doing it well. Sure you can argue they could have put a bigger battery in there, I would agree with you, but you can't take away the fact they always push the boundaries of size, speed, weight, screen quality and overall build quality. Android is slowly catching up with a few models, but still not as well built as an iphone, especially from an internal engineering standpoint.

As far as OS, its such a personal opinion. I had tasker doing so much shit on android and I still wasn't happy. I truly think a jailbroken iphone is an amazing experience, and I couldn't replicate a lot of my jailbreak features in tasker no matter how hard I tried. And not having imessage, god that was horrible. I agree apple should allow other manufactures to fucking use imessage instead of keeping it locked down to internal use only, they are a crappy company because of their morals no doubt. But still, like I said, my iphone has 0 app crashes, not just this one, but every iphone I have had. Its just a solid system that as a result of being so vigorously and annoyingly locked down and controlled, results in apps that just kinda work. No weird bugs or glitches or anything in my experience... But I do admit, Android > stock iphone, but jailbroken iphone > everything else on the market period (personal opinion obviously).

I can't disagree more. The iPhones have heavily fallen behind design wise, and they're attempting to catch up to Android devices. It's taken them years to figure out where to put the lock button, the new iPhones are rumoured to be thicker because there's no use for a phone so thin, the screen resolution is only 1080p on the 6+ and not even that on the 6 and displays are worlds behind compared to Samsung devices. I could go on but I'm on my phone and don't really feel like it. Lol.

Apple is failing to innovate and create original ideas but is rather basking on their brand to suck nearly every uninformed consumer that doesn't know any better into buying one of their phones which has far less value than an Android device such as the S6, OnePlus, etc.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

So much apple hate lol. I am not an apple "fan", but come on guys. Their build quality is second to none. That all costs money. The money into R&D and all the engineering that goes into their stuff... no, it doesn't equate to the high price they charge, but it does make up a lot of it. The rest of that price differential is basically there to make you feel special, at least in their laptops. Its a monetary barrier to entry, which you can agree with or disagree with, I will not argue that point....

But their phones.... come on. nothing, and I mean nothing, is as well built or as well engineered as an iphone. That costs money... So give them a little slack. And their phones perform plenty fast, hell, they are faster feeling than an android of the same era. Better OS + full hardware control = winning ;)

Stop using logic please, Apple products cost more money therefore they're overpriced crap -- there is no such thing as R&D/customer support/build quality/actual performance results (use of high end custom SoCs/PCIE SSDs/memory-efficient programming--hence how 1gb of Ram is still doable on an iPhone)/non-tech specs (trackpad/keyboard/etc...)

Apple also, You can build a PC that's better than the "Mac Pro" for half the price.

No you can't. 

Apeiva and PowerColor. Two cheap brands, two low quality products.

Alienware and Beats. Two fucking expensive brands, two low quality products.

Since when is PowerColor a cheap/low quality brand? 

So, Apple? 

Agreed, but Razer does build quality stuff.

Apple builds crap but Razer doesn't? Are you high? The one thing you can't deny about Apple is that their build quality is top notch. 

I can't disagree more. The iPhones have heavily fallen behind design wise, and they're attempting to catch up to Android devices. It's taken them years to figure out where to put the lock button, the new iPhones are rumoured to be thicker because there's no use for a phone so thin, the screen resolution is only 1080p on the 6+ and not even that on the 6 and displays are worlds behind compared to Samsung devices. I could go on but I'm on my phone and don't really feel like it. Lol.

Apple is failing to innovate and create original ideas but is rather basking on their brand to suck nearly every uninformed consumer that doesn't know any better into buying one of their phones which has far less value than an Android device such as the S6, OnePlus, etc.

The new iPhones are rumored to be thicker in order to accommodate forcetouch, as for them falling behind design wise? Not really, the lock button on the top was still fine (99% of the time) on the 5s, it didn't really become an issue until the iPhone got a bit larger (with the 6, where they had changed it). There is no reason for the resolution to be any higher, even Linus has said that these 2k+ screens on phones are absurd (referencing the G3). The retina screen on iPhones looks just as sharp as every Android phone I've used to date, including the S5. 

I think someone clearly fails to realize the actual market. iPhones sell extremely well and retain their value extremely well -- you can sell an iPhone years later for FAR more than you can sell an Android phone a few months later, and there's a very good reason for that -- unlike Samsung, HTC, Motorla, etc... Apple doesn't saturate the market with numerous devices every month and then allow carrier to heavily discount said devices resulting in a far more stable pricing structure. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Asrock, and OCZ are the only ones on my "No Go" list. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Came in here expecting to see a bunch of Apple hate lol Not surprised by what I see- fanboys that hate on Apple products while not truly understanding them. 

I understand them. The only decent thing about them is how shiny they are. 

I understand them. The only decent thing about them is how shiny they are. 

clearly you don't understand them then. They wouldn't be in the position they're in now if they didn't sell quality devices. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Apple. Their attitude towards others in the industry is horrible, the products they produce under-perform and are overpriced. All around a horrible company that needs to learn to not be complete assholes to everyone.

But don't u love how they release a new charging port for each device so you have to buy a new charger. [emoji28]