Least Favorite Tech Brand?

Apple's laptop and desktop skus. Their mobile stuff is perfectly fine tho.

They are pretty expensive (except 400-500 dollar mini), starting at 900 for an 11 in air, offer VERY little upgradability, and run boiling hot 

At least the build quality is nice, and look good

Edit: Where the hell is HP? I started a whole thread about it because there was derailment in Experiences with Non-Techies

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

So much apple hate lol. I am not an apple "fan", but come on guys. Their build quality is second to none. That all costs money. The money into R&D and all the engineering that goes into their stuff... no, it doesn't equate to the high price they charge, but it does make up a lot of it. The rest of that price differential is basically there to make you feel special, at least in their laptops. Its a monetary barrier to entry, which you can agree with or disagree with, I will not argue that point....

But their phones.... come on. nothing, and I mean nothing, is as well built or as well engineered as an iphone. That costs money... So give them a little slack. And their phones perform plenty fast, hell, they are faster feeling than an android of the same era. Better OS + full hardware control = winning ;)

^^^

Totally agree with the build quality. There's no denying that it is excellent across their whole range of products.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Came in here expecting to see a bunch of Apple hate lol Not surprised by what I see- fanboys that hate on Apple products while not truly understanding them. 

Certainly not Apple, I praise their sense of design and ability to stand out and above the rest. Plus they're not the worst for value when you consider they are the PC equivalent of buying a Mercedes over a Ford.

Probably biostar, due to the very poor quality motherboards they produce in general, with some exceptions.

Apple the Mercedes of personal PC's? You're looking to start a flame war with a comment like that. Apple would be the equivalent of buying a Kia over a Ford. Overpriced product with hardware made by the brands they claim to compete with.

Apple the Mercedes of personal PC's? You're looking to start a flame war with a comment like that. Apple would be the equivalent of buying a Kia over a Ford. Overpriced product with hardware made by the brands they claim to compete with.

It's a premium product that you pay an excess for the experience and feel of it, same as you do when buying a premium car. Yes it's not a very good analogy, but it stands to reason that you can pay more and get an apple product that has such an easy setup process my technophobe grandmother can do it, it has far more inviting software and a more appealing physical appearance than the PC alternative with similar performance that you payed less money for.

It's incredibly subjective, but that's my view.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Apple also, You can build a PC that's better than the "Mac Pro" for half the price.

You can't. I've been through this so many times on this forum. The Mac Pro with the 6-core Xeon and the two D700s (aka W9000s) costs £3500. To buy those two GPUs alone without the rest of the system is £5000.

Also remember that 5K iMac that everyone said was overpriced for costing the same as just the 5K panel itself?

I swear one day the people on this forum will learn to think for themselves and not hate a brand because they see people around them hating it.

samsung...

Sony, their VAIO wing was really good......

Then they sold it.

VAIO laptops used to be good, but once sony wanted to make them bigger they got pretty bad, so that's when the sold/split it off and now it's a standalone company.

The first standalone VAIO laptop is supposed to be released in 2017 and focus on the quality again instead of the mass market.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

apple doesn't compete at all with others, they just do what they seem to find reasonable to do when it comes to releasing and designing products.

It might be overpriced yeah, but with the hardware optimization and quality of their products they shoot at systems that cost more when you look into it out of the perspective for professionals, yeah it's crap for gaming but that is because it isn't targeted at that.

(srry double post)

apple doesn't compete at all with others, they just do what they seem to find reasonable to do when it comes to releasing and designing products.

It might be overpriced yeah, but with the hardware optimization and quality of their products they shoot at systems that cost more when you look into it out of the perspective for professionals, yeah it's crap for gaming but that is because it isn't targeted at that.

(srry double post)

Actually that's the other thing that bugs me about this forum, and that's that a good percentage of people here cannot see the value of any PC that isn't for gaming. Whether it be a Mac, or Linux, or AMD CPUs or 2 GHz Xeons or a Celeron in a HTPC or 32GB RAM it doesn't matter, these people will get ranted at for not being well optimised for playing Crysis.

Apple

Actually that's the other thing that bugs me about this forum, and that's that a good percentage of people here cannot see the value of any PC that isn't for gaming. Whether it be a Mac, or Linux, or AMD CPUs or 2 GHz Xeons or a Celeron in a HTPC or 32GB RAM it doesn't matter, these people will get ranted at for not being well optimised for playing Crysis.

yeah that is true, i think that if that percentage of people would be smaller linus would have quadro's in their server farm instead of titans, I mean titans can do the job yeah, but quadro's probably would have been better, altough more expensive.

By going with the titans he kinda dodged the bullet of people going "why quadro's muhhh titans cheaper blablabla" and the one of people that see the reason of getting quadro's since titans are cheaper on a performance/money factor for them at given time. If I'm not mistaken, there are still people that wonder why edzel has a quadro in his office PC.

yeah that is true, i think that if that percentage of people would be smaller linus would have quadro's in their server farm instead of titans, I mean titans can do the job yeah, but quadro's probably would have been better, altough more expensive.

By going with the titans he kinda dodged the bullet of people going "why quadro's muhhh titans cheaper blablabla" and the one of people that see the reason of getting quadro's since titans are cheaper on a performance/money factor for them at given time. If I'm not mistaken, there are still people that wonder why edzel has a quadro in his office PC.

I complained about this multiple times...it doesn't matter round here

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I'm adding Hitachi to my naughty list.

Just had over 240 drives fail during the weekend. Enterprise drives, mind you!

Our primary fileserver is dead and whatever data wasn't backed up is gone.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Alienware. So many people think they're getting a good deal.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Asus (Don't like the marketing with JJ)

Acer; Samsung (at least the old phones and tablets with the plastic shit); Gainward (they markeded my 580 as "extremly silent and cool". Result 94°C on a 3 fan cooler after i swapped thermal paste 2 times and it was as loud as a 290x reference cooler)

Corsair (I just think they are highly overrated, also i have heard bad things about the lower end RM PSU models)

Also, everyone who reads this: Stop hating on Apple before actually having used their Products. Their OS's are extremly user friendly, compared to both Windows and Android and their Products look nice (Macbook Air etc.). Why not complain about Rolex then? My 13€ watch is waterproof and gives me the oportunity to look at the goddamn time, why would people buy a watch for a few thousand € if it does the same thing? The same reason why people buy Apple products. 

Also basicly all peripherals that are extremly marketed towards gaming. Steelseries does market basicly only to gamers, but they don't create Products like Razer that blink everywhere and whatnot (for example my 6GV2 is an awesome gaming keyboard, it looks simple however), also their peripherals are high quality, don't know about other brands... 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Foxconn, most products of theirs i've had have been utterly S-word, Probably the top of my dislike list.

Corsair is like a really nice picture with a pee stain on the top left corner, i dont dislike them, i really like them infact but there is always that....one thing i have so much dislike for.

anyone should really guess what that big stinking pee stain is

but if there was a naughty corner, foxconn would be the company in that corner....maybe with CWT

and now it seems AMD are trying pretty hard to crawl themselves into the naughty corner, rebrand after rebrand....i know they arent in the best financial position but they could at least come out with something that least had some imagination or idea put into it that isn't in the fury X line or something.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

HP/Compaq <-- Build quality sucks

Apple/Beats <-- Overprices everything as much as humanly possible

Razer <-- Same as above

Deskstar <-- Deathstar, Enough Said

HP, worst customer service EVAR ... had to resort to report them to the local consumer protection agency to get something replaced under warranty! Never gonna buy from them, ever! (if you can't tell that problem still pisses me off even though it happened 2 years ago!!!)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !