Overclocking USB ports, Windows 8.1

Hey guys,

So firstly, sorry if this is the wrong section! Since it's the USB ports I thought it would be Motherboard, move it to peripherals if needed mods.

So Recently I've heard of overclocking USB polling rates. My mouse supports 1000Hz but I hear that USB ports don't, but you can overclock it. I play a lot of CS:GO and I want to have as much of an advantage over my enemies as possible. 

How can I overclock my USB port for my mouse? Can someone link me a guide or a video or something? (preferably a video)

Thanks!

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

ummmmmmmm

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Hey guys,

So firstly, sorry if this is the wrong section! Since it's the USB ports I thought it would be Motherboard, move it to peripherals if needed mods.

So Recently I've heard of overclocking USB polling rates. My mouse supports 1000Hz but I hear that USB ports don't, but you can overclock it. I play a lot of CS:GO and I want to have as much of an advantage over my enemies as possible. 

How can I overclock my USB port for my mouse? Can someone link me a guide or a video or something? (preferably a video)

Thanks!

Unless you got it from that troll tech youtuber (ThioJoeTech)... 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

get PS/2 mouse

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Your answer: You can't. It's not going to happen - and honestly, that's not something that you'd ever be able to truly utilize to gain any sort of "advantage."

If you want the fastest speed/highest rates, go with a PS/2 mouse.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

How to overclock your usb ports:

USB-3-1-chart.jpg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

u wot

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

Guys, he's on Win 8.1, he may or may not be limited to 125 Hz. I spent too long Googling polling rates, I may have just the thing you need, but I'm not at my computer right now. I'll be back with links, you hear?

[witty signature]

Thanks for being the only useful commenter.

Seriously, why do these people even post if they don't know anything about what they are talking about?

Guys, he's on Win 8.1, he may or may not be limited to 125 Hz. I spent too long Googling polling rates, I may have just the thing you need, but I'm not at my computer right now. I'll be back with links, you hear?

Thanks, mate! I have one more question as well: does this limitation exists in W10?

ummmmmmmm

wat

Unless you got it from that troll tech youtuber (ThioJoeTech)... 

get PS/2 mouse

Your answer: You can't. It's not going to happen - and honestly, that's not something that you'd ever be able to truly utilize to gain any sort of "advantage."

If you want the fastest speed/highest rates, go with a PS/2 mouse.

How to overclock your usb ports:

The fuuuuuu

u wot

Congratulations! You commented on a post about a topic you had no clue about, so you decided to say that it does not exist. I present to you, the badge of "if i dont know about it, it doesn't exist, since i'm the best at tech on this whole forum". 

Seriously, I have 3000+ posts, you really think I would believe something if it were fake (especially if it were by a troll youtuber)? Seriously, you people are worse than Reddit.

Congratulations! You commented on a post about a topic you had no clue about, so you decided to say that it does not exist. I present to you, the badge of "if i dont know about it, it doesn't exist, since i'm the best at tech on this whole forum". 

Seriously, I have 3000+ posts, you really think I would believe something if it were fake (especially if it were by a troll youtuber)? Seriously, you people are worse than Reddit.

youare.jpg

Oh boy, here's come Start War Linus forum battlefront 4. 

Congratulations! Youve taken people's initial hesitation as they dont believe it exists! yes, some said it doesnt, but most acutally were just confused and didnt know (and still dont) know what youre talking about. Which still makes you look... how do I say.... ummm. prickish.

And using your 3000+ posts as a defense for knowing about everything youre talking about is just silly and is logically flawed. You are not better than the rest of us just because you can commented on more forums or started more threads, we here to learn not to brag about how big our ego is

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Highest polling rate or bust, but don't push for more than capable obviously.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks, mate! I have one more question as well: does this limitation exists in W10?

It is not a limitation of Windows, it is the way USB works.

And to lower unnecesary CPU / Northbridge utilization, by default Windows uses 125Hz pulling rate.

PS/2 does not have a pulling rate - after you click a button or move the mouse it raised a hardware interrupt wich is taken care of nearly instantly.

youare.jpg

stop living in your little world, if you have no clue what you are talking about, then you shouldn't have talked about it in the first place.

Either read up on it or learn how to shut the frak up - and that is the most useful skill you can learn in your life - how the hell to shut the frak up!

stop living in your little world, if you have no clue what you are talking about, then you shouldn't have talked about it in the first place.

Either read up on it or learn how to shut the frak up - and that is the most useful skill you can learn in your life - how the hell to shut the frak up!

How about nu

It is not a limitation of Windows,

There is indeed a limitation on polling rate for Win 8/8.1, however. Don't know why, but it's there.

@Sonefiler

Don't know if it's in W10, sorry.

[witty signature]