USA vs Europe

RyomaSJibenG

hey guys it just cross my mind that i don't actually know what's the difference between USA and Europe in terms of

1. culture

2. mentality

this is a serious question, please don't answer like the typical stereotype of muricas with their guns, walmart, automatic cars etc

mod edit

Ooookay, since this could get possibly maybe slightly passionate I'm adding this note

that we'll be keeping an eye on this. Don't be dicks to each other, and if somebody

steps out of line, use that report button and don't retaliate. Otherwise this will be

locked. Thanks. :)

Edited by alpenwasser

USA: Bunch of crazy sick minded liberals

Europe: A bigger bunch of crazy sick minded liberals  

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

USA: Bunch of crazy sick minded liberals

Europe: A bigger bunch of crazy sick minded liberals  

err its not the answer i'm looking for but okay

America is a country that was born on the beliefs of freedom for all and rights. we have a much bigger conceptualization of things such as the gun, because we were born on fighting. americans see a gun as just a firearm, something you can use to defend yourself. europeans with their bloody and long history of war see the gun as a last option, to fight and cause more blood would be a last option.  the history of each country matters significantly becasue there was never a war in the us, so we never felt it on the skin what it was like at war, so we still maintained the view. europe however is a different story as they felt from wwi and ww2 the pain of war and dont want it to happen again.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

USA: every man for himself you have complete and absolute freedom including harming others and everything you have to pay for including healthcare and if you cant you cant get it (including healthcare). Also lives of other people dont matter as long as you are benefiting they see violence as option #1 also have no real left wing party and each state is pretty much its own country in the ways of policy making

EU: you have a responsibility towards society and there are things that you should and shouldnt be able to do

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

hey guys it just cross my mind that i don't actually know what's the difference between USA and Europe in terms of

1. culture

2. mentality

this is a serious question, please don't answer like the typical stereotype of muricas with their guns, walmart, automatic cars etc

Where do you live ?

America was colonised by a massive group of a few different people,

whereas europe has had a long time to developp and differ from each other

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Europe is not a single country or single society, you wont get a answer to that and FYI we studied the internal differences in UK for a whole semester in my university class and we were only able to study about scottish people and english people, meaning that you wont get answer to that that easily or that fast.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Therre are more athiests here :)

Culture?

America- Everything is about Money, Beauty, and salty/sweet foods with artificial coloring, additives, chemicals, artificial flavors. 

Europe- Don't know. I don't live there.

Mentality?

America - Will put up and believe anything on the tele. Will believe anything that's told to them via word of mouth. Won't second guess or ask more about it. The sheep of the world with the mentality of that they believe they're the greatest in everything.

EU - Same as last answer.

USA: every man for himself you have complete and absolute freedom including harming others and everything you have to pay for including healthcare and if you cant you cant get it (including healthcare). Also lives of other people dont matter as long as you are benefiting they see violence as option #1

EU: you have a responsibility towards society and there are things that you should and shouldnt be able to do

wow, never thought of that before, good to know

Where do you live ?

America was colonised by a massive group of a few different people,

whereas europe has had a long time to developp and differ from each other

malaysia, its in south east asia

its just that i was asked what's the difference between USA and Europe by a friend, surprisingly enough, i never thought of that, and here i am making research on it

The Americans are scared of the letter U and don't care for the national health. Or public safety with guns.

Super patriotic British here by the way. Most of this is stereotypes i get it.

Culturally Europe is a very large place. I don't think Scandinavia has a lot in common with countries in Balkan for example. 

The same thing goes for the US. I once traveled from New York City to Mobil, and it felt like I had traveled across the world, culturally.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

europe has a gazillion countries, all with their own culture and mentality, there fore you can not generalize for europe. on the usa ... a few years back i've spent a year or so in the mid west + plus a couple weaks in nyc and i think that is two extremes as far as american culture goes soo yeah .. pretty much depends on which coast you are at and what political party you vote for if you ask me^^'

edit: i wanted to add that, from my experience, people i met over in the us were more open minded and more like "yes we can", than "meeh may be".. but that's just my pov.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Culturally Europe is a very large place. I don't think Scandinavia has a lot in common with countries in Balkan for example. 

The same thing goes for the US. I once traveled from New York City to Mobil, and it felt like I had traveled across the world culturally.

ooh, tell me more

its just that i was asked what's the difference between USA and Europe by a friend, surprisingly enough, i never thought of that, and here i am making research on it

This might not be the best place to do research,

I would travel :P

europe has a gazillion countries, all with their own culture and mentality, there fore you can not generalize for europe. on the usa i wont comment.. a few years back i've spent a year or so in the mid west + plus a couple weaks in nyc and i think that is two extremes as far as american culture goes soo yeah .. pretty much depends on which coast you are at and what political party you vote for if you ask me^^'

yes i get that, europe is a continent and made of bunch of countries while USA is a country

at the very least, i kinda want to know the key difference between the people

This might not be the best place to do research,

I would travel :P

i would if i had money and time :(

wow, never thought of that before, good to know

I recommend watching sicko its a documentary that talks all about the healthcare aspect and how twisted the system is

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

i would if i had money and time :(

Well europe isn't a single place,

just like the usa isn't a single place,

There are a lot of countries in europe,

and a lot of states in the US,

They will all be different, and generalising isn't the best way to describe eatch.

( Currently in italy, for example here, the northeners consider the southerners as lazy and un productive )

I recommend watching sicko its a documentary that talks all about the healthcare aspect and how twisted the system is

noted

Well europe isn't a single place,

just like the usa isn't a single place,

There are a lot of countries in europe,

and a lot of states in the US,

They will all be different, and generalising isn't the best way to describe eatch.

( Currently in italy, for example here, the northeners consider the southerners as lazy and un productive )

i see, that's to be expected

This is a pretty vague thing to compare IMO, there are many different states in the US that have different cultures if I remember correctly.

Europe has many countries that have different cultures aswell, maybe if you wanted something more specific you could ask us :)

I can tell you about greece if you want :P

1. culture

2. mentality

If you don't want us to mention stereotypes what do you want us to mention? I know stereotypes don't apply for all but they do originate from one place THE TRUTH :P

USA: a bunch of morons

Europe: I don't know

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com