CS:GO and smurfing...

Kinraka

So there I was another friday night where I game all night and stay up till sunrise. Eagerly excited that I had finally become a nova elite and my goal of becoming global elite was that much closer I marched on entering a random lobby and hitting that accept button as fast as I could to test my reflexes little did I know this was the beginning of my demise.

I started the warm up camping them in spawn not giving them room to breathe but little did I realize they were qued in a team and all of them had less then 30 hours of active duty under their belts so no matter how hard we tried we would not prevail. 4:16

This did not dampin my hopes so I tried again only to find myself qued against the same team with the same results 8:16 thinking surely lighting cant hit a 3rd time I qued with the same team and same results 6:16 anyway this is probably getting a little boring so I tried one more time and same again so I don't know who won that one but i have little hope.

Has gaben ever played this game on you?

So there I was another friday night where I game all night and stay up till sunrise. Eagerly excited that I had finally become a nova elite and my goal of becoming global elite was that much closer I marched on entering a random lobby and hitting that accept button as fast as I could to test my reflexes little did I know this was the beginning of my demise.

I started the warm up camping them in spawn not giving them room to breathe but little did I realize they were qued in a team and all of them had less then 30 hours of active duty under their belts so no matter how hard we tried we would not prevail. 4:16

This did not dampin my hopes so I tried again only to find myself qued against the same team with the same results 8:16 thinking surely lighting cant hit a 3rd time I qued with the same team and same results 6:16 anyway this is probably getting a little boring so I tried one more time and same again so I don't know who won that one but i have little hope.

Has gaben ever played this game on you?

ive been saying this for about a year now...there is only one way to eliminate smurfs and hackers for good............raise the actual price of the game

ive been saying this for about a year now...there is only one way to eliminate smurfs and hackers for good............raise the actual price of the game

Game from 2010 that costs 20$? No thanks. 

I don't see anything wrong with people using smurf accounts do you want to get better at the game? well if so you need to play better players plus not everyone just uses smurf accounts to destroy lower ranked players for example when I play with my friends I NEED to use a 2nd account because they are a lot lower rank than me and personally I thinking banning smurfers is over the top.

I don't see anything wrong with people using smurf accounts do you want to get better at the game? well if so you need to play better players plus not everyone just uses smurf accounts to destroy lower ranked players for example when I play with my friends I use a 2nd account because they are a lot lower rank than me and personally i thinking banning smurfers is over the top.

2012*

Mistakes were made.

Would also like to add that playing vs a smurf is one of the best things to ever happen IMO. You realise that you are not good enough in the game and makes you try harder next time to be better.

Would also like to add that playing vs a smurf is one of the best things to ever happen IMO. You realise that you are not good enough in the game and makes you try harder next time to be better.

^ I hate this SO MUCH.

While I do REALIZE**** that you can't get better by playing the same rank over and over, playing a Supreme Master First Class, or Legendary Eagle Master (which seems to be 9/10 times the smurfs in high novas/low MG games) doesn't help at all! These are the people that have thousands of hours logged in the game, and they're just so good that it's not a fair fight! It's more or less cheating the way I look at it. Match Making is there for a reason. To give people ranks to play against people their OWN SKILL LEVEL. When you throw off these rank systems by playing at a lower level, be it via deranking or buying a new counteract, it's no longer a fair fight, achieving the same thing using wall hacks or aimbot does. 

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

You shouldn't get angry at a smurf. They're there because they either: Want to play with lower ranked friends(Which is why I think an unranked MM would be wonderful), want to have some mindless fun or they want to be the bully in the playground, picking on the kid at break time. 

I'm sorry, but if you come across a smurf, you can learn from it, play as well as you can and get better. Use it to your advantage, even if you lose. I've played a few smurfs when I was Nova, but that was just it, a few. I thought everyone was overreacting to smurfs. Then I played my first ESEA game when I was MGE against a 5 stack of Global Elites. They peeked with very little effort, were able to pixel shoot like top level players and had amazing game sense. So, I used this time to learn from how they were playing and get better. Granted I still went something like 10-25 or something silly like that. However, you know what, the next game I took what I learned and used it to my advantage and was never walk over in ESEA again.

With that said, I don't smurf myself as if I want to go and torment lower ranks, or play with friends of a low rank, I will play casual with them and just deal with that. 

I pretty much agree with this entire video. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

You shouldn't get angry at a smurf. They're there because they either: Want to play with lower ranked friends(Which is why I think an unranked MM would be wonderful), want to have some mindless fun or they want to be the bully in the playground, picking on the kid at break time. 

I'm sorry, but if you come across a smurf, you can learn from it, play as well as you can and get better. Use it to your advantage, even if you lose. I've played a few smurfs when I was Nova, but that was just it, a few. I thought everyone was overreacting to smurfs. Then I played my first ESEA game when I was MGE against a 5 stack of Global Elites. They peeked with very little effort, were able to pixel shoot like top level players and had amazing game sense. So, I used this time to learn from how they were playing and get better. Granted I still went something like 10-25 or something silly like that. However, you know what, the next game I took what I learned and used it to my advantage and was never walk over in ESEA again.

With that said, I don't smurf myself as if I want to go and torment lower ranks, or play with friends of a low rank, I will play casual with them and just deal with that. 

I pretty much agree with this entire video. 

and now i see you playing with WarOwl. :P

That DMG to GE progress tho.....you were happy when you reached LE.

and now i see you playing with WarOwl. :P

That DMG to GE progress tho.....you were happy when you reached LE.

I woke my mum up when I reached Supreme. :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

20$? hah i dont think so, it deserves more like 50$ that will make people value their accounts much more and eliminate boosters,hackers, and smurfs. Because NOBODY is gonna want to spend 50$ knowing to get an account banned.

I also disagree with your smurfing theory. Smurfs are mainly there to have fun destroying and piss off lower ranks, and they usually succeed. THIS ISNT RIGHT

CSGO is a learning game, and smurfs dont help you learn the game at all, their full intentions are to ruin your learning experience, therefore its wrong.

20$? hah i dont think so, it deserves more like 50$ that will make people value their accounts much more and eliminate boosters,hackers, and smurfs. Because NOBODY is gonna want to spend 50$ knowing to get an account banned.

I also disagree with your smurfing theory. Smurfs are mainly there to have fun destroying and piss off lower ranks, and they usually succeed. THIS ISNT RIGHT

CSGO is a learning game, and smurfs dont help you learn the game at all, their full intentions are to ruin your learning experience, therefore its wrong.

That's what happens in CS:GO, in other games like LoL for example a matchup vs a smurf can teach you A LOT of things, that's how I improved on most games.

That's what happens in CS:GO, in other games like LoL for example a matchup vs a smurf can teach you A LOT of things, that's how I improved on most games.

LOL no it doesnt, not in CSGO

I don't mind playing against 1 or 2 smurfs at all, I do enjoy the challenge and usually do quite well but when there full team is smurfs so at that point there's only one reason they are there and that's to stomp the yard, but even that wasn't the real problem having to play that same team 4 times in a row was the real pain but I can only blame gaben

ive met more smurfs and hackers on csgo at 100 hours than any game at 400 hours+

Why does everyone get mad at smurfs?

One of the BEST way to improve at anything is to play against people with higher skill, so you can see what they do and change your own play to improve.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

i dont really care about smurfs, i still rek them if i warm up well enough, (Rank: LE)  never encountered a cheater on the enemy team tho.

I believe what there doing now is good with the ranking system before comp but it could be made harder

Why does everyone get mad at smurfs?

One of the BEST way to improve at anything is to play against people with higher skill, so you can see what they do and change your own play to improve.

Those who don't realise this won't improve 90% of the time.

ive met more smurfs and hackers on csgo at 100 hours than any game at 400 hours+

What rank are you? Most hackers tend to be at high ranks because it's kind of easy to rankup if you're hacking. I've encountered 1 rage hacker in 450 hours (we kicked him, he was reported and overwatch banned a day later). Although I have seen suspicious individuals that I've reported.

REALIZE****

Depends where you are from actually. A lot of places outside of North America use S instead of Z on realise. Same goes for words such as organise. 

I have three accounts,my main which bounces around dmg/le right now. My secondary account that I play when I'm really tired or drunk which is also dmg and my smurf which is ak1. I need my smurf to play with and teach my friends things. And I personally LOVE going up against a smurf when I play. I usually learn new angles or wallbangs during a match with a smfc/global smurf. I don't like it as much when I'm on a team with two derankers you can't kick or against a 5 man of smurfs, but smurfinf has been around for so ongoing I've gotten used to it.

People who hate smurfs aren't playing to learn and should probably stick to casual

so... that's what they meant.

I just played 2 rounds of competetive, for still the first 10 wins for rank.

my friend and I won both rounds pretty easily(20:5 and 2nd game through surrender after 10 rounds) and ppl started screaming smurf/hacker/faggot and the whole insult dictionary at me(love dem 10y olds) but now i know where the smurf came from.

I can imagine it being annoying when you are further ahead and pretty serious, but it keeps you shapr and focussed to get better.

side question:

is it normal to enter a 21h cooldown after winning 2 rounds back to back?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

so... that's what they meant.

I just played 2 rounds of competetive, for still the first 10 wins for rank.

my friend and I won both rounds pretty easily(20:5 and 2nd game through surrender after 10 rounds) and ppl started screaming smurf/hacker/faggot and the whole insult dictionary at me(love dem 10y olds) but now i know where the smurf came from.

I can imagine it being annoying when you are further ahead and pretty serious, but it keeps you shapr and focussed to get better.

side question:

is it normal to enter a 21h cooldown after winning 2 rounds back to back?

Its a cooldown cause you have a new account. Once you hit that tenth win you will be able to play as much as you like to stops. For now they only allow two wins per day.

Its a cooldown cause you have a new account. Once you hit that tenth win you will be able to play as much as you like to stops. For now they only allow two wins per day.

thanks, that 's gonna be a hell though if it keeps going this way...

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

REALIZE****

http://grammarist.com/spelling/realise-realize/

Also, people don't seem to understand smurfs aren't cheaters... They're just better than you. I know it's a lot of the newer players who think if a better player plays against a weaker player the game is broken but it's really not. Back in 1.6 when you pugged you were always facing players far better than you, you didn't bitch and moan, you played the game. Yeah it's sucks when you lose that game but is that loss different from any other loss? Nope. The only difference is what you make of it. A smart player will learn from a loss therefore benefit from smurfs and a dumb player will whine on the forums about it and never improve.