Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

Spent 15 minutes wondering why my graphics card wouldn't work.... forgot my PCI-power ;~;

done that before :D

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Was repairing an old Toshiba laptop and forgot to put this weird rubber tube in, ended up shocking me. 

HTID

I have a 10 dollar membrane keyboard and a Razer Ouroboros, which I am glad I bought.

"Anime was a mistake"
- Hayao Miyazaki

On my previous machine (a pre-built HP P6 Pavilion), I disabled Secure Boot out of curiosity, to see what difference it made.

For some reason, upon restarting, my Windows Login box was gone. Just simply not there. Everything else was normal but the login box had just disappeared. I tried everything you can possibly think of to fix it; everything; but nothing worked and I ended up having to do a full-blown factory reset, losing a decent few files I'd not backed up in the process.

I failed my ccent twice. Went and took it once before I graduated high school. Second after I graduated. Granted I didnt study both times. Third time I took it passed it, then went back and got my ccna a few weeks later. Working on my ccna voice now. Possibly my CCNP late next year.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

I Own a Mac G5 case and have $200+ worth of stickers on it.

I use Macs.

I use Windows XP and 2K on computers connected to the internet.

I use dome keyboards.

I don't like games.

I use a Motorola Razr V3.

I use wireless peripherals.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I prefer square monitors over this fucking widescreen bullshit. Gimme a 27x27inch 16:16 monitor please.

I used internet explorer for a long ass time, never had a problem with it.

I despise touch screens.

And I'm using a windows 8 phone.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I use a Motorola Razr V3.

You say that like the Razr V3 was a bad phone.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I am HUGE tech fan, but still using a laptop as my main pc for gaming and such (hooked up with 2 monitors, mech keyboard, etc)

I dont have a desktop :(

I have killed a new Asus motherboard and wasn't bothered to RMAed it, so I bought a new Gigabyte motherboard. 

System Specs: 

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.40Ghz - Motherboard: Asrock Extreme6 z97. - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 g1. - Memory: 16gig 2400mhz G.skill Ripjaw X . - Corsair H80i CPU Cooler. - PSU XFX 850watt . - 3x Sandisk SDDs. - 5 TB HDD.

And I'm using a windows 8 phone.

I am too.

I'm using 2 TVs as monitors, one of them is 40" and connected via VGA...

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I haven't dusted my computer in months.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Back when I had a prebuild PC I bought a cheap 50€ passive cooled GPU (it was flipped, so the radiator was on top of the card)and it was constantly overheating, because my PC had the motherboard mounted on the opposit side. I tried to fix it by screwing a fan into the sidepannel, but forgot to drill holes other than the ones for screws. Well it did not fix the problem.

Also because the powerdraw was was so much higher than the preinstalled card, my psu died shortly after.

I still use a 9 year old HDD to store my backups.

I tried to open an old HDD once and broke the screwdriver.

I think internet explorer 11 is the best browser if you have a touch screen display. Chrome is freaking terrible for touch related tasks.

I spent over 1000 dollars and a year and a half to build my pc, but I play my 3Ds way more than any pc games

My primary monitor of 2 years until last month was 1680 x 1050

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Its just bad luck, it still sucks though, you could be ASUS jinxed so stay away from them if you want to.

what do you mean asus is jinxed ( i love responding to OLD POSTS 

im still running vga and a 7 year old (1440 / 900) monitor on a gaming machine!!!

I upgraded from a 900 series to the 4000 series i7 and could not for the love of god figure out why half of my PC is powered. Sent for repair, and found out I only plugged ONE of the motherboard cables from the PSU. Didn't know you needed two.

Never went back to that shop.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I think that Asus and MSI are two of the worst choices of motherboards. And MSI is THE worst choice for a graphics card. Why 

Why is that?