Are Razer products really THAT bad?

evilarceus

I see it all over this forum. Are they really they bad? I mean, I can definitely see their price-performance is kinda bad and the quality of the material they use is also bad. But what else is there? I have not used a Razer product ever, just wondering what's up with all the hate.

EDIT: ...and Razer Synapse's horrible interface

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I love my Naga 2014, but I wouldn't ever buy a keyboard or headset from Razer.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

I can definitely see their price-performance is kinda bad and the quality of the material they use is also bad. But what else is there? I have not used a Razer product ever, just wondering what's up with all the hate.

You basically named all the biggest factors. You haven't used a Razer product yet? Great. Dont.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I had a Razer Arctosa once... NEVER AGAIN, most wasted money I ever wasted

I don't think they're bad at all. I use full Razer peripherals. I have and use the Orbweaver, Blackwidow Stealth (Both with Razer keyswitches), Naga 2014, and Krakens daily with no issue whatsoever. I love these things.

Youtube Channel: youtube.com/ExoGamer0529

I only used two razer products, one of which I love and one I hate. My Razer abyssus is a great mouse and feels well built. However the razer kraken pro costs double of what the quality(both build quality and sound quality) justifies.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Am over here using a keyboard from 2004 and a gaming mouse I got from my Cousin

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

What makes you say that?

Just from what I've seen and heard from others. 

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Just from what I've seen and heard from others. 

And has anyone of these ever shown any proof to their statement?

Fact is that certain Products(e.G. Deathadder) are reasonably priced or offer more Bang for Buck than competitors, same goes for Components.

I had a lot of Razer products but then I actually did some research and slowly faded out my Razer stuff for other cheaper, better products. Had a Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard and it was something like $180 when it first came out - got it in like 2012 or something. Just finally replaced it with a Corsair K70 RGB and it has RGB just like the newest Blackwidow Ultimate, better keycaps, actually made of metal instead of cheap plastic and just better made all around for something like $50 LESS than the Blackwidow!

Planning on replacing my Black Mamba which is my last Razer product I need to phase out as again, if you look at other top mice, they're way cheaper and equally or out perform Razer's mice. It's all down to the look of it and the branding, just as people pay an arm and a leg for Apple products when they're lower spec'ed compared to a built PC or Android phones. 

My problem with Razer now is that they market their new devices for having pretty lights instead of any actual improvements that matter. They don't talk about their new keyboard's keycaps or construction or performance, they just have ads and tweets talking about how it has RGB LEDs and that's it. It's just ridiculous to me and childish. They've done this now with every product they have, even going as far as doing a damn mousepad with them, that you have to plug in! It's just outrageous lol. To me Razer is the equivalent to Beats headphones, which is fitting as they're now owned by Apple as well..

you've never experienced it. its pretty nice actually

2def55a0a0bffe95165569fd5a3da548.png

I liked my naag when i played mmos. But it still felt cheap and died after a year.

I see it all over this forum. Are they really they bad? I mean, I can definitely see their price-performance is kinda bad and the quality of the material they use is also bad. But what else is there? I have not used a Razer product ever, just wondering what's up with all the hate.

Quality Control is not the best either

My razer mamba lasted about 3/4 of a year, then the left click became super sensitive. The plastic seemed to get damaged easily too. That is my only experience with any razer products.

My brother has been happily using his kraken headset for over a year.

It seems their blade laptops are amazingly high quality, however.

keyboards are basically an expensive copy of cherry MX keyboards, that often are of better quality.

the headsets are way to bassy and isolated (some might like that but there is stuff out there with better audio for less money).

the mic on the Kraken 7.1 is good though but that doesnt justify $100/100€ (yes, they cost the "same") and it even hurt my ears after about 1 hour of usage due to clamping force and bad cussions.

mice are partly good and partly garbage. had a Lachesis for 4 years - it served me well but started having button issues pretty soon and the (old) software was buggy as hell.

even Roccat has some mice that simply fail but they are still a good brand. I personally started to dislike Razer for it's quality.

their products are marketed way out of their league in general. I like some of their designs (although black-green is already all over the place and I dont get why they also go for the even more overhyped black-red theme with some products..) but the quality just doesnt match the price.

cheaper models like the Deathadder are actually really good for their price but as soon as you enter Razers "high end" range you basically get ripped off..

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

I love my Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 edition, Imalso love my Razer Naga Hex.

Never EVER buy the audio products they have. I'd never buy a Razer blade eather. I like the mice, the keyboard I'm gonna try a Ducky shine with CherryMx Blues or Browns

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

My razer mamba lasted about 3/4 of a year, then the left click became super sensitive. The plastic seemed to get damaged easily too. That is my only experience with any razer products.

My brother has been happily using his kraken headset for over a year.

It seems their blade laptops are amazingly high quality, however.

Well im just gonna spare you the hassel of finding a christmas present for him...hyperx cloud

done.gif