[US - MicroCenter] $286 GTX 980 - They did it again

lamdnhan

Did they have it? Any info?

I called my MC up and they said they out.

Office depot and Best Buy will not officially price match, as they do not have the exact same card.

Yea, I tried doing that too lol. 

I just added the card to my card and I'm waiting for it go instock again :P

If I recall correctly MC isn't stocking 980s anymore.

If I recall correctly MC isn't stocking 980s anymore.

This is the older/early version of 980. There're not many places have it.

Last time I asked, they denied me and said it was a glitch, many people were asking about that and they said that they could possibly lose their jobs from Best Buy Or Office Depot if they sale for that cheap

That's what they said. They also said it was pulled. So no 980 for me today.

Realistically, it's most likely because the companies are based here and probably have their warehouses here, so it costs less to get it here. Taxes are also lower here.

Anyways, I always see these threads and every single person always complains there isn't a microcenter near them (there's one over 3 hours from me), but I never see anyone saying they actually went in the store and did/didn't get the deal. And then most of microcenter's sales are in-store only but i've never run across a single person who's stepped foot in one (at least not personally). Just thought that was kind of odd.

I live in Mass and there's one in Boston. I've graced the halls of the glorious store.

CIS Student

Bleeding Panther

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-5820K | Deepcool CAPTAIN 360EX | Thermatake TG-7 | Gigabyte AORUS Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti | MSI X99S Gaming 7 | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GBx2 | Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB x2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass | EVGA 850 G2 | Corsair Air Series SP120x6 | Corsair STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard | Logitech MX Master 2S | Audio-Technica M50x Headphones

And I got my 270 for $200...

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

Hi this will be my first gaming PC, I was just wondering if someone could tell me if my PC will be good for gaming

Processor- i7-4770k

Graphics Card- GTX 970 (or R9 390, it'd be great if someone could provide me with a second opinion on that too)

Motherboard- ASUS Maximus Formula VI

16GB of RAM

I was just curious as to whether or not those parts would be good for games now and for the future such as Black Ops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront

Hi this will be my first gaming PC, I was just wondering if someone could tell me if my PC will be good for gaming

Processor- i7-4770k

Graphics Card- GTX 970 (or R9 390, it'd be great if someone could provide me with a second opinion on that too)

16GB of RAM

I was just curious as to whether or not those parts would be good for games now and for the future such as Black Ops 3 and Star Wars Battlefront

You should start a new thread in the "new builds" section of the forum. You'll get a lot more help there. 

Anyway, I'm wondering why you would choose the 4770k? Its an older chip and is hotter and slower than the 4790k. 

Either graphics card would be perfect if you're playing 1080p. the 970 runners cooler and more efficient, but the 390 has 2 times the vram. If you plan to run multiple GPUs in the future, it may be a better choice to get the 390 as you will eliminate a possible vram bottleneck. 

the motherboard is overkill. You don't need to spend that much on a motherboard. 

16gb is good though many will say 8gb is enough. For most cases I'd agree but recently playing Witcher 3, I used up 10.5gb consistently so if you can afford 16gb, go for it. 

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

Well about the 4770k, like I said, first gaming PC and I'm younger, it's kinda hard to earn money, I'd so buy the 4790k and I've thought about it but it's just I can't find a price that I can go for, like I've found my mobo for only $189 so I went with it you know what I mean? But if you know where I could find a decently priced 4790k then pls by all means tell me where to find it

Processor- i7-4770k

16GB of RAM

Are you really doing this right now...

Realistically, it's most likely because the companies are based here and probably have their warehouses here, so it costs less to get it here. Taxes are also lower here.

Anyways, I always see these threads and every single person always complains there isn't a microcenter near them (there's one over 3 hours from me), but I never see anyone saying they actually went in the store and did/didn't get the deal. And then most of microcenter's sales are in-store only but i've never run across a single person who's stepped foot in one (at least not personally). Just thought that was kind of odd.

I'll be going to microcenter in the next few days to pick up a xeon e3 1231 v3 for $210.

Doing what?

Start a new thread in the Pc Planning thread pls. 

Hijacking someone else's is viewed down upon. 

Start a new thread in the Pc Planning thread pls.

Hijacking someone else's is viewed down upon.

Sorry, new to this app, didn't know

Lol

at least you looked at stuff

Did they have it? Any info?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/438918/GeForce_GTX_980_4GB_GDDR5_PCI-e_Video_Card?ob=1

I have no further information about this.

Look like another one like previous 970 980 threads. Too bad can't find it anywhere to price match.

People should calm down, this is likely another pricing mistake from MC. Or they're trolling us.

Same story most likely.

Wow.

murica strikes again

Man that's cheap

Why does America get everything so cheap? I have run several builds through EVERY COUNTRY in PCPartPicker, and America was the cheapest, and the UK, where I live, was the most expensive, worse than Australia, Canada, and New Zealand...

I can confirm, one of the MC employees told me the GPU won't come back in stock, and the card will be never actually be sold at that price. 

I can confirm, one of the MC employees told me the GPU won't come back in stock, and the card will be never actually be sold at that price. 

o.

Sorry, new to this app, didn't know

No worries bud,

Its a forum btw, I guess you mean tapatalk? 

No worries bud,

Its a forum btw, I guess you mean tapatalk?

Yea that's what I meant

Well about the 4770k, like I said, first gaming PC and I'm younger, it's kinda hard to earn money, I'd so buy the 4790k and I've thought about it but it's just I can't find a price that I can go for, like I've found my mobo for only $189 so I went with it you know what I mean? But if you know where I could find a decently priced 4790k then pls by all means tell me where to find it

Start a new thread in the PC Builds Planning section. We have it for a reason, this forum is not hard to use. It really isn't.

A 4790k can be had for $279.99 @ Microcenter and a Z97-E board from ASUS can be had for $124.99 @ Newegg.

Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681313287

Start a new thread in the PC Builds Planning section. We have it for a reason, this forum is not hard to use. It really isn't.

A 4790k can be had for $279.99 @ Microcenter and a Z97-E board from ASUS can be had for $124.99 @ Newegg.

Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681313287

Thanks for the info, and sorry, don't really use forums all that much tbh, but I figured everything out

This is Microcenter trolling. Probably had like one of these for sale at ONE store for that price just so they can advertise it to bring in traffic, especially through forums like this.

Microcenter has some good legit deals on processors and motherboards. I drove a fair distance to one to pick up a 4790k motherboard bundle that saved me over a hundred dollars from what that mobo and CPU would have cost separate anywhere else. Their GPU prices generally aren't anything special though, usually a little more than what you can find elsewhere online.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

I was able to price match at Staples and Bestbuy.

so sell me 1 now for 350? Profit?

MOBO- MSI z97 gaming 5  CPU- I5 4690k   GPU- G1 Gaming gtx970  RAM- 16gb Corsair Vegeance  PSU- Corsair RM650  COOLING- Corsair H110iGT 

STORAGE- AMD r7 120gb SSD / 500gb HDD  CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe   Sound-  Logitech z506 / Corsair Void  Peripherals- G710, G502