[US - MicroCenter] $286 GTX 980 - They did it again

lamdnhan

murica strikes again

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Man that's cheap

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

They don't even have a store near Washington.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Why does America get everything so cheap? I have run several builds through EVERY COUNTRY in PCPartPicker, and America was the cheapest, and the UK, where I live, was the most expensive, worse than Australia, Canada, and New Zealand...

'Murica for you

I wish I had a microcenter near here and 290 dollars to spend

'Murica for you

I wish I had a microcenter near here and 290 dollars to spend

dude dont even sweet it, i live about 30 mins away from a microcenter and I dont even catch this stuff...not sure whats going on here

MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170 G1 GamingCPU: i7 6700k-GPU:ZOTAC 1070 AMP! EDITION-PSU: EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 750 80G RAM: 16GB G. SKILLS RIPJAWS Z 2100STORAGE: 500gb SAMSUNG EVO SSD; WD BLACK 1TB- CPU COOLER: BE QUIET DARK ROCK  PRO 3 190W TDP.

Why does America get everything so cheap? I have run several builds through EVERY COUNTRY in PCPartPicker, and America was the cheapest, and the UK, where I live, was the most expensive, worse than Australia, Canada, and New Zealand...

Because American prices are without VAT ;)

Because we are awesome. 

TJI0Mdx.png

Realistically, it's most likely because the companies are based here and probably have their warehouses here, so it costs less to get it here. Taxes are also lower here.

Anyways, I always see these threads and every single person always complains there isn't a microcenter near them (there's one over 3 hours from me), but I never see anyone saying they actually went in the store and did/didn't get the deal. And then most of microcenter's sales are in-store only but i've never run across a single person who's stepped foot in one (at least not personally). Just thought that was kind of odd.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

Realistically, it's most likely because the companies are based here and probably have their warehouses here, so it costs less to get it here. Taxes are also lower here.

Anyways, I always see these threads and every single person always complains there isn't a microcenter near them (there's one over 3 hours from me), but I never see anyone saying they actually went in the store and did/didn't get the deal. And then most of microcenter's sales are in-store only but i've never run across a single person who's stepped foot in one (at least not personally). Just thought that was kind of odd.

...I do 95% of new computer part shopping there. Way better then buying online IMHO.

Like for example, my dad bought a i5+mobo for my bro to use for a system build, he never used it, a year down the road my dad gave it to me to use, called up micro center and they swapped the parts for a one year newer gen.

...I do 95% of new computer part shopping there. Way better then buying online IMHO.

Like for example, my dad bought a i5+mobo for my bro to use for a system build, he never used it, a year down the road my dad gave it to me to use, called up micro center and they swapped the parts for a one year newer gen.

Oh I wasn't bashing microcenter at all, I've never been in one so that wouldn't be fair. I was just saying that nobody ever comments on any microcenter store only threads saying they actually went in and got it. 

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

This is just a Microcenter classic. Sometimes the out of stock price is lower than regular or what you will actually sell it for. 

I am 15 minutes away. I am leaving now. They say they are out of stock. I still plan on asking if they have any available. 

Last time I asked, they denied me and said it was a glitch, many people were asking about that and they said that they could possibly lose their jobs from Best Buy Or Office Depot if they sale for that cheap

This settles it, I am going to move into a tent in the Microcenter GPU isle...

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

This is just a Microcenter classic. Sometimes the out of stock price is lower than regular or what you will actually sell it for. 

Nice "goodbye" you got there when you said that a few weeks ago.

Nice "goodbye" you got there when you said that a few weeks ago.

I was hanging around the deals section since Amazon sucked at listing their prime day sales.

srry ill go now

I was hanging around the deals section since Amazon sucked at listing their prime day sales.

srry ill go now

Lol

at least you looked at stuff

I am 15 minutes away. I am leaving now. They say they are out of stock. I still plan on asking if they have any available.

Did they have it? Any info?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Office depot and Best Buy will not officially price match, as they do not have the exact same card.