law firm launches investigations of security claims against AMD

zMeul

Wait... Didn't this happen before?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

someone make a change.org petition for this so AMD doesn't waste millions of dollars on a court case so they can bring us products we need and want.

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

This sounds bad...

I don't see how this in any way helps the investors, because this will most likely lower stock prices anyways...

my grandpa bought 3000 stocks :'(

These news are really disconcerning. Well, pretty much everyone saw this coming. AMD is in a rut so deep that it's borderline impossible to recover from it, and it breaks my heart to say that.

I've had discussions with people that represent companies very close to AMD and even they agree that the only way to ensure AMD's presence in the market is a partial takeover. By partial, I mean the majority of the company being bought by a single entity that is willing to spend a lot of dem American dollars. Which is very, very unlikely.

I'm actually with @patrickjp93 on the fact that keeping AMD around struggling is more detrimental than AMD going belly up. The IP that AMD holds would benefit Intel way more than AMD in itself could imagine. If Zen doesn't deliver at all, it's an inevitability just waiting to happen.

No one can deny that possibility. Everyone yelling that there'd be a monopoly after AMD's demise either on the GPU or CPU side are pretty damn wrong.

Truth be told, in my opinion, yes there might be a monopoly in the GPU market if Intel actually would acquire ATi's IP and developed upon that. The HPC market would in a few years be pretty much dominated by Intel, which is the market that truly matters. We all need to remember, that it's not a monopoly if you are competitive enough to drive everyone else in the corner just for them to call it quits.

!Off-Topic! But hey, @zMeul you really need to diversify your posts. Don't just focus on AMD and their shortcomings. It's really hard to consider your opinions objectively if you're always on the other end of the stick. Everyone knows where my loyalty lies, but I'm not an idiot that believes that AMD could crawl out of the hole they've dug themselves on their own accord. Just stop already.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

AMD doesn't dig too much, but this time their hole crossed with Rocksteady's and they fell into the Bat Cave.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

!Off-Topic! But hey, @zMeul you really need to diversify your posts. Don't just focus on AMD and their shortcomings. It's really hard to consider your opinions objectively if you're always on the other end of the stick. Everyone knows where my loyalty lies, but I'm not an idiot that believes that AMD could crawl out of the hole they've dug themselves on their own accord. Just stop already.

stop it!? what exactly do you want me to do? bail AMD out? I wouldn't do that even if I had the money, and I don't - if I did, I would've bought ATi from them, only

this is the news, I didn't made it up - AMD has a clear tendency of self-flagellation

I also reported on Intel's 10nm process miss/delay and Intel losing execs (repost tho) - so .. where are my loyalties lying?!

All previous court cases have ended in AMDS favor. Mayne this one too?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

stop it!? what exactly do you want me to do? bail AMD out? I wouldn't do that even if I had the money, and I don't - if I did, I would've bought ATi from them, only

this is the news, I didn't made it up - AMD has a clear tendency of self-flagellation

I also reported on Intel's 10nm process miss/delay and Intel losing execs (repost tho) - so .. where are my loyalties lying?!

In the last weeks your posted news have always been against AMD, so I guess that answers the question. And I didn't ask for your contribution to the post before that.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

In the last weeks your posted news have always been against AMD

might wanna check my posts before making that statement http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=96912&sid=3804aa97e98b97d833485b4a9667c081&search_app_filters%5Bforums%5D%5BsearchInKey%5D=&userMode=title

not against AMD: this week, law firm launches investigations of security claims against AMD - AMD employees must be ecstatic; they're having a tea party to celebrate the event

no, they're getting sued for overhyping APUs

that would only be just

LOL he probably wants you to do more than AMD news  :lol:

The first page of your thread history show 15 threads with relevance to AMD vs 3 threads related to Nvidia, 3 threads related to intel and 4 threads related to other tech. 

You're the biggest AMD fan I currently know  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

might wanna check my posts before making that statement http://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=96912&sid=3804aa97e98b97d833485b4a9667c081&search_app_filters%5Bforums%5D%5BsearchInKey%5D=&userMode=title

not against AMD: this week, law firm launches investigations of security claims against AMD - AMD employees must be ecstatic; they're having a tea party to celebrate the event

Weeks, not a single week.

This is silly, why isnt anyone buying AMD or properly investing in them, i mean look at microsoft they book fucking minecraft for 2$ bil, a fucking game. How come no one sees a way for profit in AMD??

I don't think there's material for a court case here, they couldn't predict they were going to sell less... not that lawyers care I suppose.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't think there's material for a court case here, they couldn't predict they were going to sell less... not that lawyers care I suppose.

I seriously doubt it's about prediction but more about what AMD "sold" to their board of investors

most likely it went like this: our APUs are great, they will sell a ton! please invest more in our company - they basically sold the bear's pelt from the woods (or the american way: to count one's chickens before they are hatched)

At this point, AMD has to be looking for a buyer. They really need a larger company to help them keep up with their competition. They've done okay on their own, but I don't know how much longer they can keep it up.

i7 3820 -- 8 GB RAM -- Zotac GTX 970

I seriously doubt it's about prediction but more about what AMD "sold" to their board of investors

most likely it went like this: our APUs are great, they will sell a ton! please invest more in our company - they basically sold the bear's pelt from the woods (or the american way: to count one's chickens before they are hatched)

I strongly doubt investors would take AMD's word for it, unless they falsified their predictions' numbers they didn't do anything wrong

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I strongly doubt investors would take AMD's word for it, unless they falsified their predictions' numbers they didn't do anything wrong

you don't need to falsify prediction numbers, they're just that .. predictions / hope it's gonna go your way

At this point AMD really needs to be acquired by a big company to get a huge cash injection to the R&D  department.

MS acquiring AMD train in full force. GET HYPE ้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้ ( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

you don't need to falsify prediction numbers, they're just that .. predictions / hope it's gonna go your way

well exactly, can you sue someone over what is basically guesswork and is PRESENTED as such?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

While I agree that Intel would make GPUs for HPC, I question if they'll be able to compete in the consumer space with only cut-down chips.

It wouldn't just be cut down chips. It would sell those that ran hotter than average or used more electricity than average and give the cream (at a premium) to HPC and sell the rest to professionals and consumers. Nvidia and AMD do the same already.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

All previous court cases have ended in AMDS favor. Mayne this one too?

I thought they lost the Llano suit.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

well exactly, can you sue someone over what is basically guesswork and is PRESENTED as such?

well .. yes, if you sell stock around it

It's not presented as guesswork. It's a detailed report of expected income based on a set of assumptions applying the science of economics. The short of it is AMD could be accused of purposely leaving out logical assumptions to avoid the negatives in their report. Projections are far less guesswork than you might think. They're always based in sound economic theory and science. That said, you can manipulate the end result of the equations by using invalid inputs or foregoing the use of less than convenient inputs.