What is your favorite computer maker

Guest Johnny5g

I like my own pcs most. Also, Alienware shouldn't be a separate option, because they are just a brand from Dell.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

This reminds me, my very first computer was nearly a Compaq AIO. It looked quite cool in my opinion, and could I have gamed on and changed the parts inside I would've loved to have that monitor; but after having been left with an AMD A6 whilst waiting for my A10 replacement, I can't comprehend how I would've managed.

Pre-built computers/OEMs are a waste of time. Whenever someone tells me on Facebook or something that, "Oh, hey Josh, you're good with computers. I was looking at this [insert generic office computer with standard parts], what do you think?" I just cringe. Not only do they barely tell you anything but the big basic specifications, the amount of shit stuff they put in them is ridiculous. Obviously, they do this so that people like us can't enter everything into PCPartPicker and show that customer that they'd be spending an extra buttload more than they should for Pentium with a motherboard from 2006.

Slight exaggeration, but you get my point. As for my favoritie PC maker, I went with Asus and MSI. MSI has probably got to be the coolest looking set of gaming laptops that are currently available, were I even go into the realm of spending a wadd of cash only to spend another when one or two parts inside became outdated or slow. Asus is pretty much a given.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Time, they made the slowest overpriced PC (before macs where mainstream)

19 people are idiots. (Alienware and the company who owns alienware)

Also, I chose MSI just for the fact that one of their laptops has a built in mechanical keyboard. Now who can argue with mechanical keyboards?

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

When it comes to pre-builts and laptops, I've never, ever seen a bad Mac. Even their bad Macs are good (the New Macbook, for instance, which I really think is just okay). I prefer Windows on a day-to-day basis purely because of games, but if OS X had the same library of games and Apple allowed it on other hardware I'd switch in an instant. That's not to say the hardware's bad - just that its current models aren't ideal for gaming. I'd get a MBP for general use though.

Outside of that? I generally trust MSI.

I voted Dell.

Because I like their designs, reliability is good, and they are big in the enterprise/business space as well.

And their Ultrasharp monitors are baller af.

Edit: Just because you may have had a DOA or laptop get problems doesn't mean that company sucks. EVERY company is going have laptops/whatever that fail. That's just the nature of electronics.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I vote selfbuild! Way betther then any brand.

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-

Apple, because if I'm buying a pre-built I want it to work out the box without any fiddling around and have good customer service if there is an issue. My dad has always used apple computers and I've come to appreciate them. I love OSX and the build quality that apple has, but I just wish they would at some point do a G3 anniversary iMac, possibly different colour iMacs, I'd certainly buy one if they made them.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I like my own pcs most. Also, Alienware shouldn't be a separate option, because they are just a brand from Dell.

Do you call Alienware PCs Dells? No? Then it's a separate option.

Not only that, Dell is more of a mainstream option, whereas Alienware is an enthusiast option.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)