Setting up a private Youtube account for family movies?

AndersT2

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.

I know I can make a video private on my youtube account, and send a link that the receiver can watch.

But can I setup an account that invited can watch all the videos in the account, but no others?

The reason I ask is that we have a lot of old family movies, and a big family. And sending out copies to everyone on all the movies would take a lot of effort.

So I though I could make a youtube account and post them there. But I don't want the world to have full access to them either.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

-snip-

You can upload a video and set it to private and add all your family member's YouTube/Google+ accounts (or add all your family to a Google+ Circle and add them in one go)

GyScQEk.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What @Minibois has said above, or you can make them unlisted instead and then anyone with the link can access them. Of course this means that if you accidentally give the link to the wrong person they can view these things potentially without you knowing, but it'll be easier because you won't have to individually add people like with private mode.

Sig under construction.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.

I know I can make a video private on my youtube account, and send a link that the receiver can watch.

But can I setup an account that invited can watch all the videos in the account, but no others?

The reason I ask is that we have a lot of old family movies, and a big family. And sending out copies to everyone on all the movies would take a lot of effort.

So I though I could make a youtube account and post them there. But I don't want the world to have full access to them either.

You could upload it to Dropbox and then share it with them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

That is a neat idea but make sure to keep a local backup as well make sure the YouTube channel stays actives so they don't delete the videos.

You could upload it to Dropbox and then share it with them.

Exactly, also it's possible to stream, also to download the original file in full quality.

Thanks for the info. Local backup, and off site backup is in the plans in addition to Youtube.

My experience with dropbox is that it might be to hard to use for some of the older in the family, and everybody knows youtube. (plus, youtube is free, dropbox isn't)

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

This is illegal and against the terms of service. Youtube will delete them soon.

Already reporting / bookmarking this topic to report ign's, etc.

This is illegal and against the terms of service. Youtube will delete them soon.

I assumed he wanted to used it to upload family movies as in home made movies and holiday videos :o

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I assumed he wanted to used it to upload family movies as in home made movies and holiday videos :o

What I got out of the topic title was to record and upload pirated / software movies and share it with families to watch. Which is highly, HIGHLY illegal and against youtube's terms of service. And he needs to repent.

• 2 weeks later...

What I got out of the topic title was to record and upload pirated / software movies and share it with families to watch. Which is highly, HIGHLY illegal and against youtube's terms of service. And he needs to repent.

Errr what? What @Minibois said. From the information provided so far, the OP intends to upload home videos so he can share them with the rest of his family (You know, videos of his kids, dog, penguin, whatever).

Besides, YT will flag any actual pirated material anyway, so even if he was intending on uploading pirated films, it wouldn't get him anywhere.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)