ea thinks sim city was a success

bunnyr31

all i have to say is LOL. They have their head stuck in their A*s

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I love EA.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Oh EA...

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

No... Simcity 4 was, not the 2013 crap

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH oh dear god that was the hardest i've laughed this month

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

LOL would like to see them try another revision of Simcity online-only and see if it even sales:P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It probably was. Just didn't launch well.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I am going to buy this game once they sell it for 9.99$ or 19.99$ but NO THEY ARE STILL SELLING IT FOR 59.99$

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

TBH they're right, if you consider how badly they handled it, it really was way more successful than anyone could expect.

They just said that so people think it is SO good that they are going to buy it, but they're not, 'cause, you know, it's EA.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Regardless of how terrible the issues were surrounding Sim City and how they butchered various features, the game DID sell well. People keep buying it.

I would love them to fix all of the issues, most especially larger city sizes, and offline mode. If they did that, I would actually buy the game.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Financially, it was. In business, and not just for EA, that makes it a success. News flash guys, this is why you vote with your wallet not with your voice. You can bitch about the game all you want, if you still buy it (which most of the people complaining did) then as far as they are concerned it doesn't matter. 

EA destroyed a part of my childhood. I wish Maxis will get out there. Anyway, what is the name of new company/team that veteran simcity developers created? I heard that they creating a game

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

it thought it was a craptacular game.  There is just so much wrong with it-I died a little inside afterwards.  Who really wants to zoom in to follow a car around the entire city .... gawd, that's like an entire two blocks.  Overly difficult to the point of stupid and the whole thing stinks of paid DLC.  HEY, maybe EA will let us trade out games ... like steam :rolleyes:

2 million units?

Weren't people calling Tomb Raider a failure because it sold "only" 3.5 million in the first month or something like that?

The EA staff must be high on something.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

They made tons of money off of it. By the time the next one rolls around people will forget about the last release and buy the next one as well.

"Since then, we’ve sold more than 2 million units, and the number of people logging in and playing is holding steady. SimCity is a success."

post-18384-0-63644800-1375068430.png

SimCity was a success. As far as EA is concerned, they didn't do anything wrong because they were financially rewarded for their new always-on tactics, and saw a marked decrease in piracy. SimCity only has 10/65 negative reviews on Metacritic due to them pulling the wool over the critics eyes before the release, and before it became apparent that the game was about as mechanically deep as a puddle in the desert. If we blindly reward bad behaviors, especially from companies that we already dislike, they'll just behave the same way time and time again. This happened with Diablo 3 as well. I know a few Diablo fans who were annoyed, some furious, by the online requirement, and every single one of them owns a copy of the game bought at full price. Diablo 3 is the third top selling PC game of all time, because people just simply bought it, they preordered it. They complained when it became apparent that it was going to be online only. They complained when the cash shop was announced. They sat in queues to play an online-only version of a singleplayer/LAN style game and they complained, but only after they gave away $60 to Blizzard before the game was even released. They were both a success, and games like these will continue to be made and will continue to be considered successful by the publishers so long as we refuse to put our money where our mouth is and take our business elsewhere when we're annoyed. As other posters have pointed out, we can scream and cry about everything we hate, but when we feed the attitudes of publishers like EA or Activision or Blizzard all we get in return is the same thing we rewarded them for before.

EA or any other entity in the entertainment industry is the demon that only exists because we feed it with our desire for what we think we want. It's not an oil company, where we need what it produces to make the world go 'round. We can very easily do without our SimCity and Diablo 3 and ME3 and watch EA and Activision-Blizzard crumble, but we just keep letting ourselves be milked, because we have some sort of nostalgic fondness for who the milkmaid was and not who she is now.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

This is possibly the best video I've ever seen in my life  :P The marketing ship was great  :lol:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers