Do you believe religion?

Overkilled

I'm a Pastafarian, I believe that religion is a very important part of our lives and do provide us with good ethical guidelines.

I'm sure this has come up in the eight pages so far but I just started looking through...

Is religion necessary to tell me not to shank someone on the street?

I'm sure this has come up in the eight pages so far but I just started looking through...

Sometimes that's what religious people will say - I had someone imply to me that I have no compassion because I'm an atheist.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sometimes that's what religious people will say - I had someone imply to me that I have no compassion because I'm an atheist.

But I just don't understand how it's needed to have essentially common sense.

Atheist. I don't like religion, I don't like to talk about it. I respect other people beliefs, just don't bother me with them. :P

I even did 6-7 years of christian school, once a week for 1-2 hours, it was not fun.

Santa wasn't real in the first place ...

exactly

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Anybody not christian or atheist

there are agnostic people on here like me ... I just want everybody to get together ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I'm christian.. but I don't believe the Earth was around for only 6,000 years and I believe there is other life out there. We cannot be the only ones in this huge universe and some people want to think we are.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Not really to be honest. Am an Atheist. If the flying spaghetti monster can be a religion. Then am not having it lol.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I think about like this

be a Christian

if GOD is real you're going to heaven

if he isn't no big deal

Be atheist

if he is real then your fucked aren't ya

If he isn't you have bragging rights

There's one religion that sucks balls I'm araid and its called Amish? Armish? Anyway it fucking sucks

Anybody not christian or atheist

I know there are some Muslims here

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

common sense tells me that

There's one religion that sucks balls I'm araid and its called Amish? Armish? Anyway it fucking sucks

Isn't that... That American farmer style cult thing?

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Amish.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I think about like this

be a Christian

if he isn't no big deal

Be atheist

So God would fuck us over when he hasn't provided sufficient evidence for his existence?

I think about like this

be a Christian

if he isn't no big deal

Be atheist

I believe in heaven and hell but not god :P

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Isn't that... That American farmer style cult thing?

They're a religion that supposedly abstains from the use of technology, which is both inconsistent and hazardous for us drivers and for them. In regards to hazards, it revolves around their horse and buggies. On a road where we go 60MPH, a horse and buggy will show up and go maybe 15MPH.

I think about like this

be a Christian

if he isn't no big deal

Be atheist

If.

That's all I needed to hear ;)

If.

That's all I needed to hear ;)

Read*

Any supreme being that sits around allowing murder, war, children to starve, multitudes of horrifying diseases, natural disasters that kill thousands, is an asshole. They are either wanting it to happen, don't care that it happens, or don't have the power to do anything about it. All of those are scary thoughts.

It's not only a question of whether a god exists. It's also if we should worship them.

I believe that religion is a very important part of our lives and do provide us with good ethical guidelines.

I've heard people say this, or something other like "you need religion to have morals".

That is the scariest fucking sentence I have fucking heard. So people are saying the only reason they aren't the next Jeffrey Dahmer is fear of being punished in the afterlife? Not because they want to be a decent human being? Athiest DO have morals, and it's not because of fear. We only have one life to live and we should make the most out of it for everyone.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Catholic, but my family doesn't care about religion that much :L

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

One of few Catholic in Sweden. Don't really see how religion can be a bad thing as I see The Holy Bible more like guidelines than a fact.

Case: Silverstone FT05 | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @1866 | PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750W | CPU: Intel i7-3770K 4.7GHz | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD1: 180GB Intel 520 | SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro | MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | GPU: 2x KFA2/GALAX 980 HOF @ 1380MHz | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Headset: Bang & Olufsen H6 | Mic: Modmic V4 | Cam: Logitech C920 | Screen: Acer XB270HU 144hz IPS 1440p G-Sync Masterrace

BUILDLOG

I'm not religions nor am I an atheist. Religion is integral to many people and cultures. My only issues with religion are its capabilities to cause a lot of damage (I.E ISIS / The ME)

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Kifflom! 

(Just came by to see who understands that reference)

In all seriousness though, I am an apatheist. 

I don't like to give this sort of thing much thought, personally.