Do you believe religion?

Overkilled

I just don't see why people have to act that way I guess. haha

Did you tell her you are not a Christian?

Tried once when my dad was still alive. 'you are not my son' was uttered by him.

I took it back. I will just let her live in the illusion until she dies and that's that. She will die thinking I was. So 40 years more of faking being religious on small occasions maybe? It's not too bad, it's only going to church on christmas and easter.

First reaction seeing this  : Could you please not ? There have been too many wars , too many banhammers thrown down , people have been banned for this ( I don't remember any , not sure if there is any ... )

In my head ( Neutral ) : * Sigh * okay ... Here's my 2 cents on this thread : 

I would not like to take sides , I prefer the happy mediuim known as a Agnostic , from there , I can do what ever i'm pleases but I will lean towards Biology and Chemistry due to my childhood dream and being infected with a lot of science programs . 

To me , the argument is pointless because nothing will be resolved , no one would bow to the other ... Why should we argument about this when we can just not be concerned about it ? If there are no hatred towards eachother , none of this would happened ... i recommend you find : This video will make you angry " , it's a nice , compound explaination on why do flame wars happened ... in the end , the people arguing failed to defend their point as they are too blinded by anger and frustration and will make a complete counter argument over the opposite argument ... 

Most of why this happen , I think is due to people's stubborness and fail in understanding eachother . 

My other thoughts ( from an Atheist stand point ) : Religion is based around the empathy and sharing between humans ... that's all ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

?

That's with EVERYTHING, not just religion. If you disobey someone, you suffer consequences. You shouldn't try and twist this basic principle to make God look bad :|

If you do not suffer consequences after disobeying someone, that person is not helping you at all. They're babying you and that does nothing.

That's the same justification of every single dictator in history. I'm not "trying to make god look bad" because I don't believe in god. I'm pointing out the obvious subliminal messaging hidden within the bible, meant to make people obey the church. Which is what religions were originally for. A form of control over massive amounts of people.

I think the real meaning of what had happened with Adam and Eve is that they were supposed to have faith in their Father and trust that what he told them needed to be obeyed without question because it was the best for them. And it was. Once they ate that apple, they were hurled into a world of pain and evil. 

Again, same thing. "do as you are told, or suffer".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Tried once when my dad was still alive. 'you are not my son' was uttered by him.

I took it back. I will just let her live in the illusion until she dies and that's that. She will die thinking I was. So 40 years more of faking being religious on small occasions maybe? It's not too bad, it's only going to church on christmas and easter.

You're father said that to you? What? Did he say that because you told him you are not religious? Oh man...I could not imagine hearing that from my father/mother. I'm sorry. :(

I don't think letting her believe you are what she thinks you are is a good idea. You also shouldn't have to fake being someone you are not...I say you take another chance and tell her. But I guess then again I am only saying this because I had parents that would love me either way... ah man I keep thinking about what your father said to you. :unsure:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You're father said that to you? What? Did he say that because you told him you are not religious? Oh man...I could not imagine hearing that from my father/mother. I'm sorry. :(

I don't think letting her believe you are what she thinks you are is a good idea. You also shouldn't have to fake being someone you are not...I say you take another chance and tell her. But I guess then again I am only saying this because I had parents that would love me either way... ah man I keep thinking about what your father said to you. :unsure:

Yeah he said that.

Nah it's okay, I am not faking who I am, just have to go to church with easter once and christmas once and that's it.

I think she knows on some level, but we never talk about it anyway.

My father just tells me I'm going to hell.

I'm an atheist, from a place where most people are catholic, but religion is pretty much dying over here, churches closing down are not that rare. The concept of god never really made sense to me, so I was never a believer and church was just a pain to me.

The belief in god of other people doesn't really bother me, but following a religion/religious book/religious leaders is more worrysome to me, because it can be used to control people/misinterpreted/justify what would otherwise not be justifyable.

So we have our most civil participants , hooray for civilize conversation ! @Trik'Stari @coolkingler1 @Albatross , all we are missing is @Reece Leu

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I'm an atheist, from a place where most people are catholic, but religion is pretty much dying over here, churches closing down are not that rare. The concept of god never really made sense to me, so I was never a believer and church was just a pain to me.

The belief in god of other people doesn't really bother me, but following a religion/religious book/religious leaders is more worrysome to me, because it can be used to control people/misinterpreted/justify what would otherwise not be justifyable.

Can, has been, and was intended to be used as control.

Again, this is my opinion of religions, not the personal belief in a god. If you choose to believe, great. Just make up your own mind about it, and don't just believe what you are told by those who wish to have power over you.

This is also how you become a good parent. If you do not discipline your kids after you tell them not to do something, then what's stopping them from disobeying you again and doing the same bad deed? What's stop them from taking it up a notch and doing something even worse? Absolutely nothing except maybe their guilty conscience, which is surprisingly low when you're a teenager.

Dictatorships are dictatorships, you get no free will at all. While God is almighty, you choose what you want to do.

There is no free will, as long as their are consequences. That is the illusion of free will.

Again, same thing. "do as you are told, or suffer".

But doesn't this apply to so much more than religion? If my mother told me not to stick a fork into a socket or I'd get hurt, but I did it anyway, does it make my mother any less right or loving? God was trying to spare them from an evil that he could no longer control (fallen angel), a fallen son, and from a future where that fallen son could continuously do evil onto them or where they could fall to such similar situations.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Do you believe in santa

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

But doesn't this apply to so much more than religion? If my mother told me not to stick a fork into a socket or I'd get hurt, but I did it anyway, does it make my mother any less right or loving? God was trying to spare them from an evil that he could no longer control (fallen angel), a fallen son, and from a future where that fallen son could continuously do evil onto them or where they could fall to such similar situations.

If god is almighty, could he not have simply erased satan from existence, thus eliminating the threat forever?

Catholic.
My whole family is catholic, and we live in a place (Philadelphia) Where most of the population are catholic. I don't have a problem with Athiests, but I hate people that say Religion is 'A Disease' or 'Brainwashing.' Makes me sick. 

Religion is a disease that robs people of common sense and the motivation to do anything for themselves

You just HAD to say that, didn't you?

If god is almighty, could he not have simply erased satan from existence, thus eliminating the threat forever?

Good point. He 'kept' Satan because it gives people free will, He lets people choose between sin & Satan, and Salvation & God. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Yeah he said that.

Nah it's okay, I am not faking who I am, just have to go to church with easter once and christmas once and that's it.

I think she knows on some level, but we never talk about it anyway.

I just can not fathom the idea of someone raising another person, loving them, and then saying that simply because of a choice of view. I cannot also fathom how someone who could read the Bible direct love could say something so horrible...

That is faking. You aren't religious but you are acting like it to make her feel better. But that is actually a really kind of you to do for her sake, but I think that your mother should be able to know and love her child as he or she really is. But if you are okay with it, I will not pester you. I can only hope that your mother will not repeat your father's words.

My father just tells me I'm going to hell.

I think that chalks down to him being a bad person at his core, not in relation to religion. I have meant many people who are "religious" but are, in actuality, as evil as a person could get. They are hypocrites and fallen.

I'm sorry Trik'Stari, no child should hear that from their parent. No religious person should say it to their child. :(

I find the inability to accept a debate, or to answer questions, extremist as well. God, nor Jesus, wanted people to form organized religions and act that way. It is just disappointing to me I guess, because I know it turns so many people away from God or even the tolerance of it.

I understand your view, certainly. I am of the belief that God (from a religious point of view) gave us a moral code to follow because back then violence and the like was more than rampant, it was a pandemic. Religious and non-religious alike were near the point of wiping each other out etc etc. So in a way, I think you are right.

(I have a very unfavourably view that a lot of the Bible was purposely twisted around by the hand of Man for power and wealth.)

Of course, you have to think about something before you can accept or dispute it.

That is what I did too with religion. After 6 years of these stories, I was gone from that school and went to a non religious school. At that time I was able to think about what I believed and what not. I was able to speak to my parents and ask questions (as said, my parents are not religious, but not at all hardcore atheists) and think about it.

I really think religion is just for mass control of groups.

And also controlled by people who only want to make more money of it.

EDIT: Religion also used to be to explain some things humanity did not understand. That is not that much prevalent in religion now (a bit though)

Example: in Greek mythology, there were gods. For example: Poseidon. God of water. He controlled the water and that was how they explained how water works. Now we are more advanced and know how it actually is.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Do you believe in santa

Santa wasn't real in the first place ... 

I just can not fathom the idea of someone raising another person, loving them, and then saying that simply because of a choice of view. I cannot also fathom how someone who could read the Bible direct love could say something so horrible...

That is faking. You aren't religious but you are acting like it to make her feel better. But that is actually a really kind of you to do for her sake, but I think that your mother should be able to know and love her child as he or she really is. But if you are okay with it, I will not pester you. I can only hope that your mother will not repeat your father's words.

I think that chalks down to him being a bad person at his core, not in relation to religion. I have meant many people who are "religious" but are, in actuality, as evil as a person could get. They are hypocrites and fallen.

I'm sorry Trik'Stari, no child should hear that from their parent. No religious person should say it to their child. :(

I don't think my mother will repeat those words.

I am from Assyrian(click) descent so religion would be very important to them.

Anyway, he died last year. And my mother is actually very kind, and loves her children, doing it for her sake.

Santa wasn't real in the first place ... 

Saint Nicolas? 

Ever heard of him? 

There's a Dutch Santa Claus like story of him too (Sinterklaas)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Saint Nicolas? 

Ever heard of him? 

Peppernuts...

Peppernuts...

Spicenuts

Spicenuts

Come to think of it, what horse eats a carrot from a shoe?

Come to think of it, what horse eats a carrot from a shoe?

A desperate horse? :P

What horse walks on roofs? 

A desperate horse? :P

What horse walks on roofs? 

Idk.... Sinterklaas must have used hacks or something, no horse can walk on roofs.

Saint Nicolas? 

Ever heard of him? 

Yes I know about Saint Nicholas and his tells , there are also other versions as well ... 

And yes , I know the poem : A visit from Saint Nicholas 

i meant the familiar Red-Suit santa ... 

Also this :