Do you believe religion?

Overkilled

I know what homo is her name is apparently queen demetria or "demi" that's a girls name.

You know that's not his/her real name right ? And she's a big fan of Demi Lovado ?

Like 10 minutes ago. Thanks.

Mind = Blown ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

*sigh I've been asking to become a mod for weeks now but apparently I make "spam" posts

I know what homo is her name is apparently queen demetria or "demi" that's a girls name.

Right. As mentioned, she is a big fan of Demi Lovato.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you're referring to the "homo" part, it simply means being attracted to the same gender as your own.

Wait Homo means man or human, its the genus of what we are.

The word Homosexual is actually an inaccurate way to descride Homosexuality because if one was to break down the word it wold mean

Homo (human) sexual (has sex).

*edit to add

Homo is the genus comprising the subspecies Homo sapiens sapiens, or modern humans,

Homosexuality (from Ancient Greek ὁμός, meaning "same", and Latin sexus, meaning "sex")

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Wait Homo means man or human, its the genus of what we are.

The word Homosexual is actually an inaccurate way to descride Homosexuality because if one was to break down the word it wold mean

Homo (human) sexual (has sex).

Homo is simply an abbreviated form of homosexual. It's slang. Homo in this context means "same." You can apply this to other areas as well like homogeneous computing.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Typo

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Homo is simply an abbreviated form of homosexual. It's slang. Homo in this content means "same." You can apply this to other areas as well like homogeneous computing.

OK i see what you did. Nevermind, carry on.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

but wait aren't you a girl?

Yes, and lesbian(kinda bi, but thats a discussion for another day). I just called my self a homo since I get that a lot(and fag, love that one).

Edit: Oh yeah, and my name isn't actually Demetria lol, I just chose it since I like Demi Lovato :P.

Yes, and lesbian(kinda bi, but thats a discussion for another day). I just called my self a homo since I get that a lot(and fag, love that one).

Edit: Oh yeah, and my name isn't actually Demetria lol, I just chose it since I like Demi Lovato :P.

ooooh, I was under the impression that homo and fag were words that people only used against men that are gay

ooooh, I was under the impression that homo and fag were words that people only used against men that are gay

Still do in the military, especially in the Army and Marines (will never stop)

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Nope, although people use those terms more towards gay men for some reason(all I'll say is the way how some people treat gender is stupid). I live in an area where gay isn't "okay", so I get called lots of fun things.

I don't typically believe the views of any of the major(or minor) world religions to be completely true, but I wouldn't call myself an atheist. There are complex philosophical quandaries that cannot necessarily be solved by science, which is simply a tool used for understanding things.

For instance what came before the big bang? Its something I've heard some of the most accomplished physicists and cosmologists say is unknowable. That doesn't mean they believe it was caused by the intentional(or accidental) act of a higher intelligence, but there are some things that are beyond the human minds capacity for comprehension. Our minds are a product hundreds of millions of years of evolution on our 3 dimensional earth bound environment, and there is a limit to what we can conceive of and imagine in our present capacity.

You can get even more basic than that. Wasn't it Descartes who determined that he could not prove anything to be an irrefutable fact besides his own existence. I think therefore I am. Everything else could be an illusion, or a product of his own mind etc.. (I may be characterizing his views wrong). How do I KNOW the things around me are real? My senses tell me they are, but that doesn't mean they are real. When I dream, im seeing and feeling things that aren't real, so whos to say anything I see or feel right now is real. How do I know the other people on this forum are real? What is real?

These aren't necessarily things science can answer.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Nope, although people use those terms more towards gay men for some reason(all I'll say is the way how some people treat gender is stupid). I live in an area where gay isn't "okay", so I get called lots of fun things.

Have people ever attempted to hurt you for it?

Have people ever attempted to hurt you for it?

Physically no, but emotionally yeah. I stay strong though, I'm not going to let other people bring me down. As far as I'm concerned, I only have one life on this planet so I'm going to make the most out of it.

Isn't this kind of straying away from religion? I thought this thread had died too aha  :wacko:

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Isn't this kind of straying away from religion? I thought this thread had died too aha  :wacko:

It is kinda derailing the thread.

I believe the is definitively more to understand than what we can perceive I do not believe though that 12000 years ago someone was told a definitive answer all encompassing and perfect. Especially when so many belief have prove to be false and when it has been thought so hard against religion is controlling and would be better to rid ourselves of religion

But not of it qualities faith compassion many religions encourage this but the lesson taught should be taught unbiasedly and with free will instead of indoctrination from birth freedom is the will to make your own informed decision and make it yourself

I believe the is definitively more to understand than what we can perceive I do not believe though that 12000 years ago someone was told a definitive answer all encompassing and perfect. Especially when so many belief have prove to be false and when it has been thought so hard against religion is controlling and would be better to rid ourselves of religion

But not of it qualities faith compassion many religions encourage this but the lesson taught should be taught unbiasedly and with free will instead of indoctrination from birth freedom is the will to make your own informed decision and make it yourself

In regards to understanding our place in the universe and the universe itself, science is probably our best tool.

I don't typically believe the views of any of the major(or minor) world religions to be completely true, but I wouldn't call myself an atheist. There are complex philosophical quandaries that cannot necessarily be solved by science, which is simply a tool used for understanding things.

For instance what came before the big bang? Its something I've heard some of the most accomplished physicists and cosmologists say is unknowable. That doesn't mean they believe it was caused by the intentional(or accidental) act of a higher intelligence, but there are some things that are beyond the human minds capacity for comprehension. Our minds are a product hundreds of millions of years of evolution on our 3 dimensional earth bound environment, and there is a limit to what we can conceive of and imagine in our present capacity.

You can get even more basic than that. Wasn't it Descartes who determined that he could not prove anything to be an irrefutable fact besides his own existence. I think therefore I am. Everything else could be an illusion, or a product of his own mind etc.. (I may be characterizing his views wrong). How do I KNOW the things around me are real? My senses tell me they are, but that doesn't mean they are real. When I dream, im seeing and feeling things that aren't real, so whos to say anything I see or feel right now is real. How do I know the other people on this forum are real? What is real?

These aren't necessarily things science can answer.

What you said kinda got me thinking of this argument;

This has a thought provoking message no matter how you believe. Does evil exist?

The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists?

A student bravely replied yes, he did!”

“God created everything?” The professor asked.

“Yes, sir,” the student replied.

The professor answered, “If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil.”

The student became quiet before such an answer.

The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, “Can I ask you a question professor?” “Of course”, replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, “Professor, does cold exist?”

“What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?” The students snickered at the young man’s question.

The young man replied, “In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody and every object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (- 460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have too little heat.

The student continued. “Professor, does darkness exist?”

The professor responded, “Of course it does”.

The student replied, “Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton’s prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn’t this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present.”

Finally the young man asked the professor. “Sir, does evil exist?”

Now uncertain, the professor responded, “Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man’s inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. “These manifestations are nothing else but evil.”

To this the student replied, “Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God’s love present in his heart. It’s like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.”

The professor sat down.

The young mans name — Albert Einstein

I know its an unconfirmed discussion between a Professor and Albert Einstein but it kind of relates to the question Descartes asks. It was the first thing to pop in my mind reading what you wrote.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER