"Sprint CEO calls T-Mobile's Uncarrier movement 'bull****'"

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/2/8882415/sprint-ceo-calls-t-mobiles-uncarrier-movement-bullshit

Source 2: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/02/sprint-ceo-marcelo-claure-had-a-bit-of-a-meltdown-on-twitter-last-night-goes-after-t-mobiles-john-legere/

The other night on Twitter, Sprint CEO Marcelo Claure went on a bit of an unjustified rant last night on Twitter. During this rant he called out T-Mobile's Uncarrier movement as "bullshit." The "bullshit" that he referring to is T-Mobile's revamped Jump! On Demand program, where you can upgrade your phone 3 times a year at a cost of around $27 added onto your bill every month. The Sprint CEO thinks that it's $15 a month, and then it jumps up to $27 a month, which he calls "misleading."

No Mr. Sprint CEO, you're wrong. The $15 a month is a temporary promo that TMo is running on the iPhone 6 only. TMo is very clear on this, and they are very clear on the prices of their other Jump! On Demand smartphones.

jump-on-demand-phones-pricing.png

(Seriously Mr. Sprint CEO, how do you mess this up.)

So anyways, let's break down these tweets and rant on the way, shall we?

To start, the Sprint CEO was responding to this tweet my the T-Mobile CEO:

57e9e3c4e1.png

And the response...

d2d3e6f95b.png

Let's start here. Sprint has no right *at all* to talk crap about their competition's wireless networks. As much as I love TMo, their network (obviously) isn't as good as AT&T or Verizon's, but they're trying really hard to improve it, and I commend them on that. Sprint's network is just straight up the worse. The worst coverage. The worst speeds. The worst everything. 

3122155c42.png

Yes, it is. It's a promo, and T-Mobile is clear about this.

4405f2bb33.png

Again, it's pretty clear. 

6cfdaadf2d.png

Right, sure. Again, it's pretty darn clear. 

You taste that? It tastes like salt, because the Sprint CEO is pretty darn salty right now. And here's the response from T-Mobile's outspoken CEO:

251b071f2d.png

COMIC SANS

Lol John Legere hit him back so damn hard. "You Mad Bro" xD

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Lol John Legere hit him back so damn hard. "You Mad Bro" xD

My favorite one is his second tweet.

"When it comes to self-destructing, Marcelo is #Allin"

COMIC SANS

John Legere isn't my favorite CEO, but god damned if it isn't funny watching him bash others.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

"You mad bro"

Wow, Legere just won the internet there.

Now if only I could get T-Mo coverage...

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Yeah my family switched over to Sprint a while back and can confirm. Worst network.

but if you in the military idc if sprint sucks. unlimited for all 80 bucks

Lol, Sprint's ceo is trying to act like John Legere what a tool. As for the TMO coverage, two years ago I wouldn't have even considered switching to TMO, now they offer great coverage plus prices in my area. 

but if you in the military idc if sprint sucks. unlimited for all 80 bucks

What? How does being in the military have to do with Sprint? 

And plus their new unlimited "All In" plan is for just 1 line.

COMIC SANS

What? How does being in the military have to do with Sprint? 

And plus their new unlimited "All In" plan is for just 1 line.

2. The Sprint Discount Program offers active duty military personnel, National Guard, Reserves, and veterans a 15% discount off select rate plans. Click here to find out more or stop by any Sprint store. Sprint also offers a Military Suspend program for service personnel who are deployed.
  3. 15% Off with Sprint Military Discount Program | Military.com
    www.military.com/discounts/sprint-military-discount
    Military.com

4. When your in the military and you are given a cell phone it's carrier is sprint. They have contract with each other, and provide discounts to people in the military

2. The Sprint Discount Program offers active duty military personnel, National Guard, Reserves, and veterans a 15% discount off select rate plans. Click here to find out more or stop by any Sprint store. Sprint also offers a Military Suspend program for service personnel who are deployed.
    Military.com

4. When your in the military and you are given a cell phone it's carrier is sprint. They have contract with each other, and provide discounts to people in the military

But i think they changed it now for the 4 of us we got unlimited all for 80-120 every month.

Military.com

Oh. Didn't know that. That's neat then. 

COMIC SANS

T-Mo also has some "goodies" for Military: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4791

actually if you are know to the program now you won't receive anything. Sprint is the only mobile carrier with a dedicated military program.

How it works

The Advantage Program lets you receive additional benefits or rewards based on your affiliation with your employer. Your benefits depend on when you signed up for the program.

If you were part of the Advantage Program on or before March 31, 2014, you'll continue to receive a monthly discount. Even if you add a line after March 31, 2014, that new line is also eligible for the discount. Keep in mind, we may need to verify your information periodically to validate your eligibility, such as if you're still employed with a company.

If you enrolled in the Advantage Program on or after April 1, 2014, you'll receive a $25 T-Mobile Advantage Reward Card every time you purchase a new phone, device, or tablet. You can use your reward card at any T-Mobile store toward the purchase of a new phone or accessories, or apply it to your bill. For more information, read how to get your T-Mobile Advantage Reward Card.

EDIT: WOOPS MY BAD T-Mobile and sprint 2 U.S Carriers with military discounts

And, I suppose this is where it gets questionable.

T-Mobile ended their x% discount program for new entrants to the T-Mobile Advantage program as of April. Except government employees.

I don't know, but if the head honcho of the military is the President of the United States, I'd consider everyone in the military a government employee.

Business Cell Phone Plans | Employee Discounts | T-Mobile Advantage Program -- there's no harm in signing up to see if you can get a % off.  The worst that will happen is you'll get put into the program and get a $25 reward card every upgrade.

About the T-Mobile Advantage Program

Employee Discounts For Government | Advantage Program | T-Mobile

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/03/t-mobile-advantage-discount-is-disappearing-full-details-on-upcoming-changes/

T-Mobile <-- that one is actually a recent ad since it has all the new branding on it

Disgusting behavior, especially from that Sprint CEO. This is not how you should behave in public. It sets an example it, for the world, for the rest of his employees. He is hereby endorsing rude behavior. That Sprint CEO should be fired at once and for all I care they take the T-Mobile dude down as well.

Horrible people 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

They're not even cheap either. We have 7 people on our plan, unlimited, and we paid near $600 last month and almost 800 the month before. It didn't even include the charge for new phones

I can't complain because I don't pay for the phone bill, but Sprint is not as amazing as it seems either. I don't know what the CEO is yapping about

it's because sprints satellites are still stuck in Potato data+message v5000 firmware 0.0.0.1

They're not even cheap either. We have 7 people on our plan, unlimited, and we paid near $600 last month and almost 800 the month before. It didn't even include the charge for new phones

I can't complain because I don't pay for the phone bill, but Sprint is not as amazing as it seems either. I don't know what the CEO is yapping about

waaaah, we have unlimited calls and text with vodafone, without roaming charges within the EU for 30 euros a months, although that does not come with a phone, but we can just buy unlocked phones on every second corner and there are no carrier exclusive phones that I know of.

Jeez that's freaking expensive. Here, I'll help you cut that price.

My carrier, Harbor Mobile, runs off of T-Mobile's network and has an unlimited LTE plan for only $50 a month. So this plan times 7 people would come out to be around $350 a month, and if you add 4 or more lines, you get a $5 discount per line. So with the discount that comes out to be around $315 a month. You still have to bring your own phone though. 

https://www.harbormobile.com/plans/

COMIC SANS

inb4 Sprint vs T-Mobile arguments

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Yeah, it's low-key robbery.

I never knew this actually existed. I'll show my mom because she has been complaining about the high prices the past few months. I don't recall them costing this much when Sprint still had their 2-yr contract deals.

Good man. Do keep in mind that Harbor is technically a business carrier, so you need an invite code to use it/make an account, but once you make your account you can add on as many lines as you want.

BUT don't fret, because it's super easy to get an invite code. Just email them and ask for one (that's what I did, and they gave it to me right away). However, when my friend tried to signup for Harbor, they needed a bit more information, so they asked for the company name. You can put down almost anything, but he put down the name of a real, small business in town. That's it. Harbor didn't even bother to fact check or anything, and then gave him the code. 

I think that very, very, very tiny hassle is worth it for excellent priced plans, plus you get all of those T-Mobile goodies such as free/unlimited music streaming, free texting/data roaming (which I have used, worked awesome, etc. etc. They also pay off your contract! Although I haven't tried this. 

COMIC SANS

People should really treat social media more professionally sometimes. This would be a good time.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Disgusting behavior, especially from that Sprint CEO. This is not how you should behave in public. It sets an example it, for the world, for the rest of his employees. He is hereby endorsing rude behavior. That Sprint CEO should be fired at once and for all I care they take the T-Mobile dude down as well.

Horrible people 

To be fair, he's acting like a more childish version of Ledger, though it seems 10x worse because Ledger is confident while he sounds like he's backed into a corner. It seems pathetic.