Windows 10 Insider Now allows Exit For people who want out. in latest build

Arty

YLHKx9P.png

You can defer upgrades 

and Leave all together if you want.

BUT REMEMBER WITHOUT A KEY THE BUILD WILL EXPIRE EVENTUALLY

you could also choose to leave when Windows 10 officially launches/next build etc.

Wat. I thought if you installed the preview, you'll get it free with beta updates only.

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

Wat. I thought if you installed the preview, you'll get it free with beta updates only.

"beta"

yea

You will get windows 10 upgrade

Slow/Fast ring

BUt you can choose to leave the beta program if you want, but you will need a valid windows 10 pro key. to STAY activated

^This. Didn't they say you could keep the Beta if you didn't want to pay for the consumer version?

^This. Didn't they say you could keep the Beta if you didn't want to pay for the consumer version?

It is the consumer version you just get more updates

and if your "afraid" that the slight chance of a problem just run the slow ring

slow ring updates are already tested by fast ring people

so thier probbly will be almost never anything wrong with slow ring.

Yes, this is still true. :)

This option is essentially for people who installed the Insider previews inplace from their Windows 7/8 install, that when final build goes to Insiders they will be able to stay on the final build, exiting the preview program essentially. But if you clean installed the preview and wanted to stay on final July 29th build, you would have to first install your old Windows 7/8 OS again then upgrade to Windows 10 for free because the Insider preview wouldn't know that you did have a valid Windows 7/8 license for the free upgrade due to the clean install.

Edit: You could also stop Insider builds even if you had clean installed the Insider Preview version but eventually that specific build will expire.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

It is the consumer version you just get more updates

and if your "afraid" that the slight chance of a problem just run the slow ring

slow ring updates are already tested by fast ring people

so thier probbly will be almost never anything wrong with slow ring.

This is really mind bending, because the Beta has been out since November. You didn't have to sign up, didn't have to register an account if you didn't want to, and you got a for-all-intents-and-purposes working Windows OS for nothing. I'm really confused, does Microsoft think that everyone hasn't already torrented the shit out of this? Because if this "you can keep your Beta" thing is true then wow, no one is going to buy Windows 10 because they can keep the beta indefinitely. Or something along those lines. Or something not along those lines. I don't know... They told us at first we'd be kicked off the bandwagon in April.

This is really mind bending, because the Beta has been out since November. You didn't have to sign up, didn't have to register an account if you didn't want to, and you got a for-all-intents-and-purposes working Windows OS for nothing. I'm really confused, does Microsoft think that everyone hasn't already torrented the shit out of this? Because if this "you can keep your Beta" thing is true then wow, no one is going to buy Windows 10 because they can keep the beta indefinitely. Or something along those lines. Or something not along those lines. I don't know... They told us at first we'd be kicked off the bandwagon in April.

No copony is gonna drop all thier pcs on windows 10 beta

the avg consumer

isn't smart enough

only us techys will 

and thats a small percent.

this is why the previews have a expiration date, the first 3 previews, the ones launched last year already expired and won't work, i dunno how it works but i assume it won't let you do anything once you are in the desktop, builds launched after the january event expire in either october or september, so pirates only have two options, either straight up crack it or use beta unstable builds that aren't suitable for daily usage

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this is why the previews have a expiration date, the first 3 previews, the ones launched last year already expired and won't work, i dunno how it works but i assume it won't let you do anything once you are in the desktop, builds launched after the january event expire in either october or september, so pirates only have two options, either straight up crack it or use beta unstable builds that aren't suitable for daily usage

My beta unstable build has been suitable for daily use since I got it. If it becomes unbearable, I'll just go Linux.

Does anyone know if you can just enter a Win 7 or 8.1 to leave the Insider Program or does it specifically need Windows 10 key. Because I don't want to buy Windows 8.1 and then have to install it, and then install Windows 10 over it.

So basically im asking if you can use a Windows 7 or 8.1 key to validate a Windows 10 install directly.

My beta unstable build has been suitable for daily use since I got it. If it becomes unbearable, I'll just go Linux.

i have had 0 major problems, and very few minor problems and i have been using since launch

Does anyone know if you can just enter a Win 7 or 8.1 to leave the Insider Program or does it specifically need Windows 10 key. Because I don't want to buy Windows 8.1 and then have to install it, and then install Windows 10 over it.

So basically im asking if you can use a Windows 7 or 8.1 key to validate a Windows 10 install directly.

Probably not, since the upgrade is only free during the first year. Why not just buy Windows 10 if you have to buy something anyway?

Your lucky i guess, because my windows 10 install has completely fucked up today, can't get the start menu to work, couldn't access settings....looks like i am going to have to re-install it...its that bad a fuck up.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Your lucky i guess, because my windows 10 install has completely fucked up today, can't get the start menu to work, couldn't access settings....looks like i am going to have to re-install it...its that bad a fuck up.

start menu you on newest build? 10158

build 10130, not used it in days, logged in today, ran windows update and it completely messed up....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Do they not have an option to just buy windows 10? I don't see anything on their website at all, just a "free upgrade". I just want to buy windows 10 pro and be done with it. 

I love this insider option for people who want to grab a free copy of Windows 10. I think Microsoft have realised that people who don't want to pay for windows will always just pirate it. Smart move to just offer these people a free copy, and in return, microsoft gets more BETA testers. I'm most likely going to throw this insider version of windows 10 on my media PC, since I really don't care if the thing crashes, I've only got a small handful of steam games and browsers installed anyway. Does anyone know if there is a time limit for opting in to the insider program? or will it just carry through past release?

Seems like Microsoft can almost do no wrong since Nadella was put in charge, great move by them.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I love this insider option for people who want to grab a free copy of Windows 10. I think Microsoft have realised that people who don't want to pay for windows will always just pirate it. Smart move to just offer these people a free copy, and in return, microsoft gets more BETA testers. I'm most likely going to throw this insider version of windows 10 on my media PC, since I really don't care if the thing crashes, I've only got a small handful of steam games and browsers installed anyway. Does anyone know if there is a time limit for opting in to the insider program? or will it just carry through past release?

Seems like Microsoft can almost do no wrong since Nadella was put in charge, great move by them.

Yeah exactly, having more testers is great for them and this is a good option. I'd just want to know, would they gather info from you after release if you're still participating as insider? Cause afaik it's been said that preview gathers info and stuff for testing purpose. Will it continue after release, for insiders ?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Yeah exactly, having more testers is great for them and this is a good option. I'd just want to know, would they gather info from you after release if you're still participating as insider? Cause afaik it's been said that preview gathers info and stuff for testing purpose. Will it continue after release, for insiders ?

Probably

They have not done anything with that data yet though

otherwise i would ..... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I think it's safe to assume that if you continue to get Windows 10 Insiders Preview access, that Microsoft will continue to log data about your usage. This should come as no surprise, though, since you're still running Beta software.

Don't want to be logged? Buy Windows 10 or upgrade an existing Windows 7/8.1 machine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I think it's safe to assume that if you continue to get Windows 10 Insiders Preview access, that Microsoft will continue to log data about your usage. This should come as no surprise, though, since you're still running Beta software.

Don't want to be logged? Buy Windows 10 or upgrade an existing Windows 7/8.1 machine.

which their probably still logging anyway

I am mostly fine with that but I would still like it to have exceptions like text input in web browsers where people enter in a lot of login info. I never send error reports so I don't worry to much, I kill the process because my up speed is 0.4 Mbps and it kills my internet if I let it upload.