What'd you get for Father's Day !

skylane

Hey it's like Xmas just for Dad's. Wishing all you guys a great FD. Hope you get some cool gear !!

Burberry gold cuff links from Tiff's from my baby

And I'm getting myself the Apple Watch  :P

post-233696-0-00602800-1434898206.jpg

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

Well. I'm 17. So nothing. But my dad has never been in the picture. So I got my mom concert tickets as she was my father also growing up

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Got my dad a guitar strap that he wanted. Probably going out for dinner or something as well. I didn't really plan ahead. 

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Nothing.

I got my step dad a card. I don't see any reason in Father's Day. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Nothing.

My parents don't do fathers and mothers day, because they too know it's bullshit made up so people buy more shit

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's funny but I didn't really see father's or mother's day as anything big before I became a dad - especially mother's day. After seeing the ungodliness and pain of child birth I go full out for mother's day now  :wub:

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

It's funny but I didn't really see father's or mother's day as anything big before I became a dad - especially mother's day. After seeing the ungodliness and pain of child birth I go full out for mother's day now  :wub:

I just don't get it why we need a dedicated day to show your appreciation for your parents. 

Just show it everyday (or as often as you can)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

nothing because i 1 dont care 2 my dad dosent care 3 i have no money and i forgot this was even a thing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have gotten nothing and I'd like to forget that Father's Day ever existed as it just brings me emotional numbness or depressing feelings.

Nothing.

My parents don't do fathers and mothers day, because they too know it's bullshit made up so people buy more shit

I hate the whole "you have to buy shit" mentality people have these days.. But that doesn't mean that you can't celebrate it and make an exxtra effort.. Like cook dinner, take out somewhere nice (doesn't have to be expensive or even cost anything.. what about a nice day at the beach as a family?) or whatever.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

A card.

Father's Day is made up shit.

Agreed. My dad did not want anything.

Nothing.

My dad does not do it but my mom is a different story.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Me and my brother bought him a card and aftershave. 

It's a celebration of fatherhood and father figures. Same idea for mothers day. 

It's really nothing to get salty about. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Haha - didn't know there was so much Father's Day hate. I think it's less of a buying thing as just a tradition thing. Some families do it and others don't. And obviously what you do and gifts are all dependent on ability. My parents live in California and I'm in NYC so it's mostly cards, flowers and telephone calls. 

I hate the whole "you have to buy shit" mentality people have these days.. But that doesn't mean that you can't celebrate it and make an exxtra effort.. Like cook dinner, take out somewhere nice (doesn't have to be expensive or even cost anything.. what about a nice day at the beach as a family?) or whatever.

But I do that everyday already? I help with making dinner, cleaning the plates and such, etc.

I also help both my mother and father when they need help, so I really don't see why there has to be a dedicated day where I do all of these, I can do this stuff 365 days per year already.

Haha - didn't know there was so much Father's Day hate. I think it's less of a buying thing as just a tradition thing. Some families do it and others don't. And obviously what you do and gifts are all dependent on ability. My parents live in California and I'm in NYC so it's mostly cards, flowers and telephone calls. 

I just hate what it turned into, a money spending thing.

But if you live far away from your parents, it could be a good day for showing your appreciation for them, since you don't see them every day.

But I do that everyday already? I help with making dinner, cleaning the plates and such, etc.

I also help both my mother and father when they need help, so I really don't see why there has to be a dedicated day where I do all of these, I can do this stuff 365 days per year already.

I just hate what it turned into, a money spending thing.

But if you live far away from your parents, it could be a good day for showing your appreciation for them, since you don't see them every day.

Ohh, I agree but sometimes it's nice to do something out of the ordinary.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..