We need movies made about not western mythologies

Sammael

Read this article from Vanity Fair and it makes sense.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/ancient-egypt-movie-ideas

Egyptian gods are cool, so is ancient egypt, why not make movies that have that mythos explored?  Same goes for the babylonians and frankly, the Indian pantheon.  The last is even still practiced today !!!!!!!  Where are the english made biopics of Shiva that don't have the obligatory dancing/singing routines?

There are more mythologies than zeus's pantheon and angels/demons.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I thought they had scorpion king? And all those mummy returns movies?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Do we NEED them? Or are they telling you that you need them so you can watch them to feel more cultured? 

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I thought they had scorpion king? And all those mummy returns movies?

...  wow that shot down my argument fast.  How dare you!

ok well, we need more !

scorpion king is king of meh, and the mummy is generic.  I want to see the egyptian pantheon in action.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Do we NEED them? Or are they telling you that you need them so you can watch them to feel more cultured? 

It would mix things up, instead of the 11th movie covering zeus we could cover anubis/nephthys/ra, etc.  I guess stargate had RA, but he was an alien masquerading as a god there.

You are closer to ceaser than to when the pyramids were build. Alot of it we just don't know. It was thousands of years ago, crazy to think about.

Isn't any movie a bout vikings Norse mythology?

Example. I know you like this one so I'm gunna use it.

How to train yo dragon

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Isn't any movie a bout vikings Norse mythology?

Example. I know you like this one so I'm gunna use it.

How to train yo dragon

hiccup is bae

first egyptian movie that popped into my head was stargate.

but as we see China advance I'm sure we'll see more asian mythos' explored

hiccup is bae

Astrid was a scrub.

Hiccup was aight.

I liked his dad the best tbh. Had that beard swag.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well they'll advance about as fast, if not a tad behind, the rest of the world considering they just copy and steal stuff :^)

The Mummy series is the greatest movies ever released. No room for arguing.

The Scorpion King was pretty good too, and I'm sure there are many more. In fact I'm sure there are hundreds from the 30-50s. They were popular back then if I remember my oldies movie history correctly. haha

But yea, I would like to see more movies concerning other mythologies other than Greek.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

well I know the egyptians are not interested in egyptian mythology movies

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

How come? It's pretty interesting stuff.

...  wow that shot down my argument fast.  How dare you!

ok well, we need more !

scorpion king is king of meh, and the mummy is generic.  I want to see the egyptian pantheon in action.

Yea we don't really have much of those movies

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well they'll advance about as fast, if not a tad behind, the rest of the world considering they just copy and steal stuff :^)

the chinese version of hollywood I mean. they've been close to making it mainstream especially seeing how many of their directors have transitioned successfully into hollywood.

seeing how Goku from Dragonball  is based on the chinese monkey epic, stories like that might have a chance at catching on

Yea we don't really have much of those movies

But...I like the jackal army from the Mummy Returns. And I love Anubis, highlighted by the name of my computer. <3

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

What Hollywood making films that aren't almost the same as films they've made previously? Can't see it happening myself.

Actually even if we keep western mythology, we just need movies that aren't

1) Sequels

2) Reboots

3) Attached to comics.

I'd be perfectly fine if we can find a single good movie that isn't oscar bait that meets that quota. I mean I can find em but I'm into foreign and artsy films, I mean a popular blockbuster hollywood type movie.

-------

Current Rig

-------

How come? It's pretty interesting stuff.

because we just dont its not interesting to us

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

because we just dont its not interesting to us

I can understand why.

Probably because of the fall to Rome, the infusion of greek culture and christianity, and the later conquest and put to the sword or DIE style of muslim wars.  That last must have left little room for multiple deities.  Convert or die tends to damp the desire to believe in things that will lead to ones downfall.

We are already getting some of that from China.

If you want to learn about mythology then read it, that way you'll actually appear cultured.

If you want to learn about mythology then read it, that way you'll actually appear cultured.

For some reason I can't put my finger on this statement carries more weight with your username  :lol:

But yeah, let's see some Ridley Scott-esque director take $200 million and stab at Epic of Gilgamesh.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD