how to solve the western US water crisis

Tocsin_786

i think i may have the perfect solution to bring water back into california. why cant the government just build a massive pipeline from washington down to california (and other hard hit states) so there is unlimited water coming in from the unlimited water source of america, where it rains most days a week. i mean, we already build pipeline upon pipeline from Alberta Canada to the US for some of dat "black gold". so why not do it for a water source? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

i think i may have the perfect solution to bring water back into california. why cant the government just build a massive pipeline from washington down to california (and other hard hit states) so there is unlimited water coming in from the unlimited water source of america, where it rains most days a week. i mean, we already build pipeline upon pipeline from Alberta Canada to the US for some of dat "black gold". so why not do it for a water source? 

Doing so would take lots of time and money

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

the cost. (i think)

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

It's not that simple.

Yeah I was thinking the same.

Its not just a long pipe from Water Source A to the end.

Doing so would take lots of time and money

but it would save the stupid water bottling companies, and help the agricultural industry and thus return the investment that it took. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

It's not that simple.

Yeah I was thinking the same.

Its not just a long pipe from Water Source A to the end.

man... :( they need to make simcity more realistic.

money, money, and more moolah. it isn't as simple as you think.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Better Idea: water de-salination plants.

Seriously, they are on the SINGLE LARGEST BODY OF WATER ON THE PLANET. Desalinate the water, drink the fresh water, sell the salt, and STFU California.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Seriously, they are on the SINGLE LARGEST BODY OF WATER ON THE PLANET. Desalinate the water, drink the fresh water, sell the salt, and STFU California.

but those cost a lot of money too, and that would hurt the water bottle industry which will lead to more crying from those idiots. a pipeline would solve all of that.

It's not that simple.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

YAS TRIK TELL EM HOW ITS DONE BOIII

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

but those cost a lot of money too, and that would hurt the water bottle industry which will lead to more crying from those idiots. a pipeline would solve all of that.

Pipeline would make them cry as well, because Nestle want's to make rain water "private property". And yes they cost money, but they also create jobs, which stimulates the economy (as long as the desalination plants are privately owned. Government jobs don't actually stimulate an economy)

Not to mention generating massive amounts of salt, which can be sold at a greater price (than normal table salt) because it's "sea salt" or "kosher salt".

At first i thought. Hey. If the government funded the entire pipeline it might be sort of a solution.

But then i remembered The government

A government actually doing something for the benefit of the population

f1cb3213249c849827956a72442401f6.jpg

Yeah.. no

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

man... :( they need to make simcity more realistic.

Between Washington and California is what, 1,000 miles? And they would also have to have a cleaning plant where the water came to in Cali.

And just digging up a path and lay the pipeline would take years and years.

One thing I have never been able to understand is how can California be (pretty much) surrounded by water, yet is having a water crisis(and has been for a long time)? Can we not purify water from the ocean? Or does it just cost too much? Because it just seems stupid that its 2015 and this hasn't been solved yet.

I think they considered this a few months ago, supposedly it would take more time than the predicted drought time itself

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Pipeline would make them cry as well, because Nestle want's to make rain water "private property". And yes they cost money, but they also create jobs, which stimulates the economy (as long as the desalination plants are privately owned. Government jobs don't actually stimulate an economy)

Not to mention generating massive amounts of salt, which can be sold at a greater price (than normal table salt) because it's "sea salt" or "kosher salt".

Yeah, you can create jobs managing the machines processing that salt.

At first i thought. Hey. If the government funded the entire pipeline it might be sort of a solution.

But then i remembered The government

A government actually doing something for the benefit of the population

f1cb3213249c849827956a72442401f6.jpg

Yeah.. no

government in america has fucked up everything. taxes, healthcare, education, everything.

One thing I have never been able to understand is how can California be (pretty much) surrounded by water, yet is having a water crisis(and has been for a long time)? Can we not purify water from the ocean? Or does it just cost too much? Because it just seems stupid that its 2015 and this hasn't been solved yet.

i think it just costs too much and it just doesn't provide enough gains.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Between Washington and California is what, 1,000 miles? And they would also have to have a cleaning plant where the water came to in Cali.

Whereas desalination plants could be built relatively quickly, and the water is already cleaned because it has been distilled to remove the salt.

*TA-DA sound effect*

Yeah, you can create jobs managing the machines processing that salt.

government in america has fucked up everything. taxes, healthcare, education, everything.

i think it just costs too much and it just doesn't provide enough gains.

Not to mention people to maintain the desalination equipment, and pipelines from said plants to local reservoirs

it only would take years and years in the US, i still have a god damn highway being repaired and new freeways being built on it since 2007, like WTF man, get the job done. while countries like China are creating entire ghost cities within a year. 

it costs money to get those purification plans up, but then again who wants to listen to the average citizen on those kind of solutions. 

it costs money to get those purification plans up, but then again who wants to listen to the average citizen on those kind of solutions. 

The only other solution I see, is planting nuclear devices in the San Andreas fault line, and sinking California ahead of schedule. At least that way we don't have to hear the Californians bitch, and some of the other states re-estate values go up from suddenly being beach from property.

*shots fired. I hate California*

Whereas desalination plants could be built relatively quickly, and the water is already cleaned because it has been distilled to remove the salt.

*TA-DA sound effect*

Not to mention people to maintain the desalination equipment, and pipelines from said plants to local reservoirs

Create jobs, make some money, and give back to the drought. I think we have just solved the issues of America right here.

Nuclear plant -> Pipes from the ocean -> pumps

So hard.