AMD Blocks/Disables Overclocking the Memory for the Radeon R9 Fury X

BiG StroOnZ

Gameworks part was about his profile, not the thread. At least read what my post said. @Kloaked apparently is on a smear campaign on huddy, yet can't provide a single shred of evidence on any wrong doing. Why is that unacceptable to question?

Also I've contributed quite a bit to this thread too.

Richard Huddy's antics have been talked about countless times before. I don't need to present evidence of the reason of the parody on my account.

Gameworks part was about his profile, not the thread. At least read what my post said. @Kloaked apparently is on a smear campaign on huddy, yet can't provide a single shred of evidence on any wrong doing. Why is that unacceptable to question?

So you admit to derailing the thread to talk about another members profile regarding huddy because why?  because as I said, your a fanboy and don't like the tone of discussion.  The thread is about overclocking HBM, it's not about gameworks, or members profiles or a place to vent your personal frustrations about nvidia.  Remember you raised the huddy issue, you raised the gameworks issue, you are the one creating an off topic stink.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Richard Huddy's antics have been talked about countless times before. I don't need to present evidence of the reason of the parody on my account.

I've never seen you prove any of your criticism of him in any thread. Just that you hate him. GG.

So you admit to derailing the thread to talk about another members profile regarding huddy because why?  because as I said, your a fanboy and don't like the tone of discussion.  The thread is about overclocking HBM, it's not about gameworks, or members profiles or a place to vent your personal frustrations about nvidia.  Remember you raised the huddy issue, you raised the gameworks issue, you are the one creating an off topic stink.

Yup this thread is dead and locked now, because I dared to ask a question in relation to his view on AMD /s.

Thief thinks any man steals. That is all I can say about your pathetic claim of being a fanboy. But then again, people with no actual arguments, tend to just project their own views on to other.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I've never seen you prove any of your criticism of him in any thread. Just that you hate him. GG.

"I haven't seen it, therefore it didn't happen."

"I haven't seen it, therefore it didn't happen."

Which is why I asked politely for it. You could even just link to a previous post, or even a thread. Nope, nothing, so you turn to straw man arguments. Utterly pathetic.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Which is why I asked politely for it. You could even just link to a previous post, or even a thread. Nope, nothing, so you turn to straw man arguments. Utterly pathetic.

I'm not going to go dig up a thread just to show you, looooool.

Yup this thread is dead and locked now, because I dared to ask a question in relation to his view on AMD /s.

Thief thinks any man steals. That is all I can say about your pathetic claim of being a fanboy. But then again, people with no actual arguments, tend to just project their own views on to other.

You are a fanboy, it's not pathetic it's obvious, you are the one who brought up irrelevant stuff about huddy and gameworks.  Kloaked didn't even insinuate anything regarding huddy or GW,   Only you brought them to the thread.  And now you wish to start labeling people and their "arguments" as pathetic.

Have you actually got anything to say about the thread topic or are you just here to troll?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You are a fanboy, it's not pathetic it's obvious, you are the one who brought up irrelevant stuff about huddy and gameworksKloaked didn't even insinuate anything regarding huddy or GW,   Only you brought them to the thread.  And now you wish to start labeling people and their "arguments" as pathetic.

Have you actually got anything to say about the thread topic or are you just here to troll?

Look at his profile. Seriously are you kidding?

And no I'm not a fanboy of anything. I prefer open standards, and equality for gamers. And I also like revolutionary tech. None of that is AMD exclusive. I have always argued constructively on my issues with NVidia, and they are all factually valid. But I guess actual fanboys cannot handle that.

And no I'm not a fanboy of anything. I prefer open standards, and equality for gamers. And I also like revolutionary tech. None of that is AMD exclusive. I have always argued constructively on my issues with NVidia, and they are all factually valid. But I guess actual fanboys cannot handle that.

And until you posted it and drew attention to it it was not part of this thread. stop grasping at straws.

And until you posted it and drew attention to it it was not part of this thread. stop grasping at straws.

Neither did I state that.

Oh Please,   that's just further grasping/trolling.

When you resort to petty personal attacks and generalizations, it is a tell-tale sign that you no longer have any single argument to deliver, and are simply dragging your feet to hide your saltiness over the original discussion, that was not even relevant to begin with.

False; this is where the Huddy discussion started in this thread:

I know :D

Just out of curiosity, since you are so critical of Huddy. What exactly did he claim, that is not true?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

What's with the constant arguing AMD has clearly won this time, we'll have to wait for Nvidia's next gpu to see how it matches up with this beast of a graphics card.

When you resort to petty personal attacks and generalizations, it is a tell-tale sign that you no longer have any single argument to deliver, and are simply dragging your feet to hide your saltiness over the original discussion, that was not even relevant to begin with.

False; this is where the Huddy discussion started in this thread:

How is it a personal attack to ask what his beef with Huddy is, and asking for some proof? I'm not the one who started name calling here. Try reading it again thanks.

You're misunderstanding. What I said, is that I never stated I wasn't the one bringing it up. It was, never claimed otherwise. Maybe you missed the context.

You do know that's because those effects are written in CUDA, right? AMD only has very basic access to allow those effects to run. If it bought a license and implemented support, that issue would go away. The other issue is AMD's tessellation engine is behind the times and has been since the 700 vs. 200 series.

But the consumers themselves don't matter. Only their needs/wants do. The consumer itself is irrelevant in any high-end business decisions. Why did IBM abandon consumer computing when it had a lead over both AMD and Intel in performance? Because the margins weren't high enough. Why did IBM abandon most server applications? Margins weren't high enough. Why does Apple not offer a budget-friendly option? Margins aren't high enough. All the top players do not give 2 flips about you the person, the consumer. All they care about is what you desire, and how they can give you that for the lowest cost they can achieve and the highest price you're willing to pay. Nothing else matters. Marketing only seeks to have you raise your price. Only early on does marketing bring exposure, or if the brand grows weak like Intel's has in recent years due to its shifting focus toward non-consumer fields.

Yeah all APEX effects are CUDA dependable. are you saying it's not possible to emulate that, if they had proper source code access?

Their needs/wants, is what makes them consumers and has nothing to do with them as persons. Not sure you quite understand the terminology/definitions here. If companies did not care, they would not be in the market.

As for IBM, it's not about consumers, but about IBM shifting their entire business away from hardware, and onto business strategies, business consultants, etc. Had a nice guest lecturer from the Danish branch of IBM, on my masters come and talk about this. Was very interesting.

How is it a personal attack to ask what his beef with Huddy is, and asking for some proof? I'm not the one who started name calling here. Try reading it again thanks.

You're misunderstanding. What I said, is that I never stated I wasn't the one bringing it up. It was, never claimed otherwise. Maybe you missed the context.

First of all, Huddy had absolutely no context to the discussion at hand (HBM overclocking), so there was no reason at all for you to bring it up.

Second, you have multiple times attempted crude dismissal of the discussion by making aggressive generalizations that are only valid in your own imagination.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

First of all, Huddy had absolutely no context to the discussion at hand (HBM overclocking), so there was no reason at all for you to bring it up.

Second, you have multiple times attempted crude dismissal of the discussion by making aggressive generalizations that are only valid in your own imagination.

Never stated it was in context. I said out of curiosity, because his entire profile is plastered in Richard Huddy stuff, which shows up on all his posts. If you don't know, Richard Huddy is a high up in AMD, and made the presentation at E3, where they showed off the Fury cards.

Could you give some examples of this? I always try to argue my case properly. But people see what they want to see.

You are a fanboy, it's not pathetic it's obvious, you are the one who brought up irrelevant stuff about huddy and gameworks.  Kloaked didn't even insinuate anything regarding huddy or GW,   Only you brought them to the thread.  And now you wish to start labeling people and their "arguments" as pathetic.

I don't  believe you.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Never stated it was in context. I said out of curiosity, because his entire profile is plastered in Richard Huddy stuff, which shows up on all his posts. If you don't know, Richard Huddy is a high up in AMD, and made the presentation at E3, where they showed off the Fury cards.

Could you give some examples of this? I always try to argue my case properly. But people see what they want to see.

My entire profile is not plastered in Richard Huddy stuff.

Heyyo,

What's with the constant arguing AMD has clearly won this time, we'll have to wait for Nvidia's next gpu to see how it matches up with this beast of a graphics card.

This thread isn't about "winning"... if anything? This report means people who will purchase the AMD Fury might be the "losers" if anything since they don't get to tinker as they would like to with the GPU.

Yeah the argument could be said that the Memory won't need to be overclocked because the GPU will hold it back... sure... but we should still be presented with the ability to do so.

Besides, there hasn't been any legitimate benchmarks... just leaks. Look at the Asus Zenfone 2... it was being touted for being such an amazing device with a crazy good camera too for the price... yet the camera underperforms once it was released and reputable sources tested it (C4ETECH, Android Authority, etc).

I'd also rather not trust graphics directly from AMD or NVIDIA. The only way it could be legit is if someone like Linus Tech Tips, Jayztwocents, OC3D, Guru3D, Tomshardwareguide, etc.

Seems legit. Just some kid looking like he's not sure if he's about to spazz out or crap himself. Can't read the text anyways unless you go zooming into the picture on your profile. :P

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

The part that shows up on your forum posts is.

Nice evasion, but you have not answered my question: If a matter is not in context, they why bring it up at all? "I said out of curiosity" is about the weakest argument I have heard this year (and that actually says something).

You should put you foot where your mouth is at this point, as I have plenty of examples to prove my point:

I'm not a fan of anyone. CDPR and Nvidia themselves have proved that AMD does not have access to GameWorks, and thus cannot optimize, which is further supported by an Ex valve programmer. What is up with your smear campaign of this man? At least be constructive and give examples of what he did/say that is incorrect.

No one has ever claimed otherwise. But nice try shifting the goal post.

Of course they matter, don't be silly. But consumers behaviour, defines the actions of companies. When consumers buys more NVidia cards, after NVidia makes proprietary crap, that segregates the market, makes vendor lock in, and raises prices, and also gimps the memory on 970, then the (NVidia) consumers, are telling the industry, that that is ok.

All non APEX GameWorks effects runs like shit on AMD, so CUDA has nothing to do with that. Further more, I'm sure AMD could make APEX effects run on GCN without CUDA, if they had source code access. So stop spouting that nonsense.

As I said to Patrick, that kind of irrational consumer behaviour, is what allows NVidia to segregate the market and do anti consumer practices, that harms us all. How very idiotic.

Not sure what your straw man refers to.

You have a very strange definition of "asking politely" and "arguing a case properly".

The part that shows up on your forum posts is.

That's not my whole profile.

Nice evasion, but you have not answered my question: If a matter is not in context, they why bring it up at all? "I said out of curiosity" is about the weakest argument I have heard this year (and that actually says something).

You should put you foot where your mouth is at this point, as I have plenty of examples to prove my point:

You have a very strange definition of "asking politely" and "arguing a case properly".

Congratz on finding the multiquote button.

As you can see my first post, where I actually asked the question was politely. I was curious about it, and still is since he never answered.

As for all the other quotes, they are reactions to the answers I got, so you are bringing them out of context. I asked a question, and ultimately got called a fanboy for it.

Congratz on finding the multiquote button.

As you can see my first post, where I actually asked the question was politely. I was curious about it, and still is since he never answered.

As for all the other quotes, they are reactions to the answers I got, so you are bringing them out of context. I asked a question, and ultimately got called a fanboy for it.

Again evading the question asked... I am only going to repeat once more:

If a matter is not in context, they why bring it up at all?

Until you can actually answer the above question without going off the tangent to outer space, then you are outright wasting everybody's time.