AMD Blocks/Disables Overclocking the Memory for the Radeon R9 Fury X

BiG StroOnZ

Well well... Nvidia owner OP made this thread, when in reality AMD have done nothing wrong, it's a new memory subsystem, Nvidia on the other hand have zero room to talk on dated technology.

The fact that he owns an Nvidia card is irrelevant. I mean, the fact that every thread he makes is for the sake of "putting AMD fanboys in their place"  is, but not the fact that he has an Nvidia card.

Just out of curiosity .... does an average Joe buying a Fury X really need more than 512GB/s ??

No. There are three types of people complaining

1.) AMD haters

2.) People against the principle of locking it down

3.) People who want to overclock it for the sake of epeen

Nobody with half a brain actually thinks that overclocking the VRAM would have any performance impact on games (other than the fact that the heat from the overclock would severely limit the OC potential of the core).

I doubt it. Overclocking memory doesn't really do anything to your frame-rate anyway, the only real difference it makes is your graphics card runs hotter.

Well why the "outrage" then ? I could understand it if it were something along the lines of a core clock or something ...

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Well why the "outrage" then ? I could understand it if it were something along the lines of a core clock or something ...

Because the first reaction of people on the internet to being told they can't do something is to throw their toys out of the pram and have a tantrum while screaming "BUT I WANNA!".

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

People are still freaking out because they can't use Overdrive to OC the memory. This doesn't say tools like MSI Afterburner won't be able to OC memory. If it is disabled in the card bios people will make custom a custom bios that enables it along with overvolting.