PS4 in mineral oil project

So i've become extremely attracted to mineral oil cooled pc's but then I realized upgrading it would be complete hell soo it mostly is just for the hobby side of people.. But then I thought about what if I oil cooled a console? like a ps4.. now I'm not a big console guy but it'd be alot of fun doing this plus it would expand my ps4's lifespand. Also correct me if i'm wrong i've never seen anyone else try something like this on any of the next gen consoles. So my plan is to just ditch the disc reader and invest in a cheap 500-1000gb ish ssd since it will always preform better than an hdd and then keep it submerged under the oil..

What do you guys think about it? I already found a cheap ps4 for $200 on craigslist all working but the shell is busted which in my case doesn't matter whatsoever.

-Price-

$200-PS4

$20-tank

$60-oil

$160-ssd

-Total-

$440

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

What will you do with the optical drive?

How will you get games?

System: Thinkpad T460

and where the hell will you get a 200 dollar ps4 

im stupid 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Could have that part pushed against the side of the tank, then make a cutout around the disc tray and seal it off so you can still use the discs.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Could have that part pushed against the side of the tank, then make a cutout around the disc tray and seal it off so you can still use the discs.

Or completely rid of the optical drive and only use digital downloads... But i think your idea would probably be more practical, and look good. 

Its possible, but it wont give you any performance improvement

it also wont extend its lifespan since its pretty much made to last like a kids toy

you dont get consoles dying from overheating unless you damage it or fill it with dust or something

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How will you get games?

PSN

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Or completely rid of the optical drive and only use digital downloads... 

LOL

I still don't do that on my PC. Mainly because my internet is hella slow.

Personally, for me, total digital download is never an option. I often forget it is for some people :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

How will you get games?

I would go all digital downloads

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

and where the hell will you get a 200 dollar ps4 

im stupid 

craigslist 

it also wont extend its lifespan since its pretty much made to last like a kids toy

you dont get consoles dying from overheating unless you damage it or fill it with dust or something

*cough*xbox360*cough*

Maybe not but back in my day I went through ps3's like every other month yellow light of death constantly soo I've experienced the last gen overheat many of times

They aren't water tight :P

well i would love to see it done it will be cool but a bit pointless

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

Looks like you have everything covered... if you are fine with not being able to use hard copies.

It might take more than you have budgeted for though. And it's cool but seems kinda pointless :P

Haven't heard of many PS4's overheating. 

No but making an acrylic box with all seals filled in with silicone is :lol:

Go for it OP, I have a 360 Im thinking of doing this to if i cant sell it

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Also you might want to look into how the oil would flow through the PS4.

This is one of those, if you want to go ahead, but it is pointless and there is no gain besides that fact that is cool.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

So i've become extremely attracted to mineral oil cooled pc's but then I realized upgrading it would be complete hell soo it mostly is just for the hobby side of people.. But then I thought about what if I oil cooled a console? like a ps4.. now I'm not a big console guy but it'd be alot of fun doing this plus it would expand my ps4's lifespand. Also correct me if i'm wrong i've never seen anyone else try something like this on any of the next gen consoles. So my plan is to just ditch the disc reader and invest in a cheap 500-1000gb ish ssd since it will always preform better than an hdd and then keep it submerged under the oil..

What do you guys think about it? I already found a cheap ps4 for $200 on craigslist all working but the shell is busted which in my case doesn't matter whatsoever.

-Price-

$200-PS4

$20-tank

$60-oil

$160-ssd

-Total-

$440

do it!  post pictures when you do.  I've always wanted to do mineral oil but haven't.  do ps4's make enough heat to need active dissipation?  I know the sides of the tank wont get rid of a ton of heat and I think mineral oil is pretty good at holding on to heat if I remember correctly.  Might need to keep an eye on the oil temperatures and maybe add some sort of a pump and radiator/fan setup.  I assume you've seen puget systems stuff (that is no longer available) 

edit: like others say there really is no point unless you just want a mineral oil device (like I kinda do)    make sure whatever you are putting it in can house warm mineral oil without breaking/melting/dissolving  (ie: i hear silicone can be iffy and even glass/plastic if it gets hot)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

You're not getting my meaning.

Like, at all.

I mean, cut a hole in the tank, then form a seal between the ps4 and the tank walls.

You could extend the sata and power cables for the opticaldrive and have the drive sitting out side of the tank

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

You can't submerge the HDD in oil, it would die.

Mystery is the source of all true science.