Watch the PC Gaming Show live from E3!

digitalnav

The show was really bad no wonder nobody covered it.
You would think that with the good relations AMD has with EA we would at least get some games like ST: Battlefront.
But instead we get a show full of indie games that could run on an APU...
I hope next time Nvidia does it or a 3rd party that invites both of them so we get some real AAA games that show why we bought strong GPUs.

RTX2070OC 

I don't need the card to know it'll have crossfire issues. And if history repeats itself, I'm sure of it. Have some common sense.

You need to have the card to know any of the things you said, my friend.

You need to have the card to know any of the things you said, my friend.

Do you have any clue how dual gpu cards work? 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It fit the theme of PC more by announcing literally nothing of value? Is that what our main platform of gaming is all about?

When I watched Sony's conference they started with Last Guardian (which admittedly I still know fuck all about but the previous games by the developer were good), what looks like an awesome new IP, another new IP that looks really cool called Dreams, some Battlefront gameplay, a remake of one of the most beloved games of all time, and Shenmue fucking 3. 

What we got here was Indie, indie, indie, games we'd already seen, expansion pack, expansion pack, indie, indie, hardware, hardware, and lots of talking. 

We have the best platform for gaming. This was not representative of that. 

indie games are great stop slagging them, yes we didnt have any blockbusters but pc doesnt have anyone but valve (who would never show up) and blizzard (who dont have anything new to announce) who are big enough to launch really big games, pc isnt one person or one company like the other conferences, pc is a collection of companies who make games for pc.

also it was the first time this event was hosted, it very unlikely to to be perfect or have the right announcements

Do you have any clue how dual gpu cards work? 

Yes, I do. "Crossfire issues" is the only part of your post that can kinda be said at this point, but even then you don't know how bad those will be. The other two things you said are are completely baseless assumptions, which I guess is why you're trying to act like you only mentioned crossfire issues.

Yes, I do. "Crossfire issues" is the only part of your post that can kinda be said at this point, but even then you don't know how bad those will be. The other two things you said are are completely baseless assumptions, which I guess is why you're trying to act like you only mentioned crossfire issues.

Because all of those issues have ALWAYS existed for dual gpu cards. And how would the crossfire issues be any "less bad?" Crossfire is crossfire. Sli is sli, there are  problems. It's not the cards fault, its devs mostly. Especially if the game doesn't support crossfire or sli, there is nothing that the card can do about that. I'm not sure how you're not understanding this. Power draw will be high, it's two gpus on a single card for fucks sake. Cooling is fairly limited, I assume it'll be like the 295x2 and have an AIO and maybe a blower design cooler. Either way, temps are going to be high, and you're not going to have much overclocking headroom. Unless, of course, they pull some kind of magical wizardry. I'm not saying the card will be bad, but unless the single card formfactor is important, you're better of simple crossfiring two of them instead of this.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Because all of those issues have ALWAYS existed for dual gpu cards. And how would the crossfire issues be any "less bad?" Crossfire is crossfire. Sli is sli, there are  problems. It's not the cards fault, its devs mostly. Especially if the game doesn't support crossfire or sli, there is nothing that the card can do about that. I'm not sure how you're not understanding this. Power draw will be high, it's two gpus on a single card for fucks sake. Cooling is fairly limited, I assume it'll be like the 295x2 and have an AIO and maybe a blower design cooler. Either way, temps are going to be high, and you're not going to have much overclocking headroom. Unless, of course, they pull some kind of magical wizardry. I'm not saying the card will be bad, but unless the single card formfactor is important, you're better of simple crossfiring two of them instead of this.

There's not reason to believe that the AIO would not be removable and that it won't cool the card well. Those are the baseless things. 

62532.png

So hot! Better get that fire extinguisher!

indie games are great stop slagging them, yes we didnt have any blockbusters but pc doesnt have anyone but valve (who would never show up) and blizzard (who dont have anything new to announce) who are big enough to launch really big games, pc isnt one person or one company like the other conferences, pc is a collection of companies who make games for pc.

also it was the first time this event was hosted, it very unlikely to to be perfect or have the right announcements

Yes, but AMD could've done much better all Frostbite games are AMD games that includes ST: Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, Plants Vs Zombie Garden Warfare 2, and Need For Speed they could've shown at least one of those but they didn't.

And they did the E3 show exactly like their 30 years of gaming event they did last year and they even showed many of the same games of last year at this years show.

This wasn't a real E3 conference it was an AMD GPU release event this is also exactly why it wasn't listed in Youtube's E3 conference list and why neither IGN nor Gamestop even covered it.

RTX2070OC 

Yes, but AMD could've done much better all Frostbite games are AMD games that includes ST: Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, Plants Vs Zombie Garden Warfare 2, and Need For Speed they could've shown at least one of those but they didn't.

And they did the E3 show exactly like their 30 years of gaming event they did last year and they even showed many of the same games of last year at this years show.

This wasn't a real E3 conference it was an AMD GPU release event this is also exactly why it wasn't listed in Youtube's E3 conference list and why neither IGN nor Gamestop even covered it.

amd butchered there sections, i think if amd had just had one section mid way through where they announce there card show show a tech demo and a high fidelity game running on there new card it would have helped.

but i think the formmat is good, its not a conference but its a chance for developers to talk about pc which has not been at e3 before

but i think the formmat is good, its not a conference but its a chance for developers to talk about pc which has not been at e3 before

Do you mean the "format" part, or the "PC" part?

E3 stage demos have existed for the longest time.  This goes back to even when Gamespot had an exclusive live demo booth right on the stage floor.  Each segment is roughly 5 minutes long and people sit on a couch describing the game while either they play it or watch a video of the game.  These demos have included PC games, especially indies as well.

Do you mean the "format" part, or the "PC" part?

E3 stage demos have existed for the longest time.  This goes back to even when Gamespot had an exclusive live demo booth right on the stage floor.  Each segment is roughly 5 minutes long and people sit on a couch describing the game while either they play it or watch a video of the game.  These demos have included PC games, especially indies as well.

i mean a chance for pc developers to talk about there games but with more attention similar to a conference. and i mean format part

There's not reason to believe that the AIO would not be removable and that it won't cool the card well. Those are the baseless things. 

62532.png

So hot! Better get that fire extinguisher!

You're taking everything I say way out of context. I'm not against amd or anything. And I'm done with this conversation.