AMD did not send review samples of upcoming series to hardware reviewers (like LTT) in time for the 16th reveal

zMeul
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

Just gonna weigh in on a couple things here.

1. I do not have any new cards from AMD. I don't have tracking numbers and I haven't received a product briefing, reviewers guide, or even an official release date. I am way beyond giving a crap about unreleased products (they're nice but I've determined that I can easily stay relevant without any release day reviews anymore) so I don't really run around trying to dig these details up in the industry and read the same site you guys do. I know basically nothing about 3xx.

2. There's nothing wrong with letting fans have a sneak peek of something ahead of time. I've heard that Intel seeds processors to game streamers, and Nvidia gave away a whackton of G-SYNC modules.

3. With that said I agree with Ryan's point that something should be independently evaluated prior to release (based on my retailer experience if it's in stores now and a reviewer hasn't had a card for a few days the review won't be ready in time) and from my past experience when a product is objectively really good the brand is beating down the doors of the most trusted journalists to prove how much ass they just kicked.

This behavior looks more like "we can't win with the usual formula here, so let's throw something else at the wall and see if it sticks"

But just like the rest of you I'm speculating.

Ryan may also know more than he says (also speculation) and I'm intentionally waiting until after I post this to ask him so that I'm not revealing something I shouldn't.

The industry is very small and nothing is a secret.

Fiji is the only new card. The rumour for fiji is that it will release later. So why would linus have fury if it is going to be released?

this topic is about all their new lineup, 3xx series and Fiji - this is not limited to Fiji - to be very clear  ;)

Yes, reveal or release is kinda moot when they are on the shelf and selling.  I have no doubt we will end up with reviews from pcper, anand et al, it's just a bit dodge that the social media shills get product but not the independent reviewers.   I can't believe people are using NDA as an excuse not to believe pcper and linus when they say they don't have one.   

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

this topic is about all their new lineup, 3xx series and Fiji - this is not limited to Fiji - to be very clear  ;)

Oh yeah , but fiji is the only card to be new silicone, so it is the only one linus actually cares about.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Oh yeah , but fiji is the only card to be new silicone, so it is the only one linus actually cares about.

please don't put words in his mouth  <_<

forgive my ignorance, but whats RT+?

edit: woops nvm must've skimmed the op too quick

forgive my ignorance, but whats RT+?

to be very blunt: crème de la crème of AMD fanboys / social media trolls

please don't put words in his mouth  <_<

He said on the wan show that he doent see the point in reviewing rebrands.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

he 1st needs to verify they're rebrands  :lol:

but are the fury cards on shelves no so i dont get whats your point. the 390x is a 8GB 290x so why bother sending review samples when the people already know how it will perform

uuh not everyone knows that. they wont benchmark exactly the same. and amd is already in a mess so it aint helping

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

That doesn't change what is allegedly going on here, nor does it change the fact that regardless of whether Linus wants to review a rebrand or not, he will want to review products his followers/customers are interested in. I am interested in Linus's, Ryan's and anandtech's benchmarking these Products.  That is the issue here, I want to see how they perform in the hands of an unbiased reviewer.

but are the fury cards on shelves no so i dont get whats your point. the 390x is a 8GB 290x so why bother sending review samples when the people already know how it will perform

See above,  if they are exactly the same then why is AMD wasting money re-boxing and branding the same old shit?  I expect to see a difference, but I will only trust independent reviewers to see how big that difference is.  Something it currently looks like AMD is afraid of the internet finding out before they sell enough products.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That doesn't change what is allegedly going on here, nor does it change the fact that regardless of whether Linus wants to review a rebrand or not, he will want to review products his followers/customers are interested in. I am interested in Linus's, Ryan's and anandtech's benchmarking these Products.  That is the issue here, I want to see how they perform in the hands of an unbiased reviewer.

See above,  if they are exactly the same then why is AMD wasting money re-boxing and branding the same old shit?  I expect to see a difference, but I will only trust independent reviewers to see how big that difference is.  Something it currently looks like AMD is afraid of the internet finding out before they sell enough products.

im pretty sure you cant buy even a 390x yet so if amd plans to sell a bunch of cards before reviewers review it they are doing a bad job of that

but are the fury cards on shelves no so i dont get whats your point

did I made this thread about Fury(X) specifically? NO! so, what's your point?

did I made this thread about Fury(X) specifically? NO! so, what's your point?

the 390x is isnt a new gpu 

the whole 3xx series is not new - that was the whole point on why AMD hasn't sent review samples

Its probably the same thing that is happening to the 7970/280x Line. Same cards, better coolers. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

im pretty sure you cant buy even a 390x yet so if amd plans to sell a bunch of cards before reviewers review it they are doing a bad job of that

You appear to be stuck,  there is more to this than just assumptions about it only being about 390x or the fury or Linus's personal opinion on rebrands, the article says they were showing of the 390x, the stores are selling the 390 and independent reviewers have neither, while the social shill club appears to be getting free stuff to keep promoting regardless.

It takes a week to edit 8 hours of SCrapyard Wards footage to a 15 minute video. I seriously doubt you need that much B-roll for a graphics card review.

You still need to run a fuckton of benchmarks, write a script, shoot a couple of takes because the presenters are human and probably more. I wouldn't underestimate the amount of work that goes into "just" a GPU review.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

You appear to be stuck,  there is more to this than just assumptions about it only being about 390x or the fury or Linus's personal opinion on rebrands, the article says they were showing of the 390x, the stores are selling the 390 and independent reviewers have neither, while the social shill club appears to be getting free stuff to keep promoting regardless.

the videos that those people posted have been taken down. so if amd wanted to have fanboys promoting their cards taking those videos down is not the best idea

there could be a multitude of reasons why amd isnt sending them out yet so dont make assumptions and speak them as fact 

the videos that those people posted have been taken down. so if amd wanted to have fanboys promoting their cards taking those videos down is not the best idea

there could be a multitude of reasons why amd isnt sending them out yet so dont make assumptions and speak them as fact 

That may or may not be the case, it still doesn't change how this whole appears to be playing out.  Seriously, do you have a problem with the idea that AMD might be trying to hide something?  Please enlighten me as to what I have stated as fact.

Unless those people are under an embargo until the official release? And because they aren't "professionals" they might not know what an NDA is...

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Unless those people are under an embargo until the official release? And because they aren't "professionals" they might not know what an NDA is...

thing is, to obey and NDA you must acknowledge it and sign it - the people in question did not

thing is, to obey and NDA you must acknowledge it and sign it - the people in question did not

How do you know that?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

That may or may not be the case, it still doesn't change how this whole appears to be playing out.  Seriously, do you have a problem with the idea that AMD might be trying to hide something?  Please enlighten me as to what I have stated as fact.

you are saying that amd is trying to deceive customers as if you know what their motives are but you dont