[Updated] GTX 980 Ti Launch Driver 353.06 Freezing/Crashing

Maybe people will realize now that both AMD and Nvidia can make bad drivers and not just AMD because of a really bad driver a few years ago.

480 ES?

ES = Engineering Sample

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This is why Nvidia GeForce Hotfix driver 353.12 had been released just after the 353.06 driver. It fixed the crashing for my friend.

Source: http://forums.videocardz.com/forum/15-nvidia-geforce-drivers/

Please do check for the latest driver before making an irrelevant post.

Yes this exactly, if you check Overclock.net forums everyone said that the Hotfix 352.12 driver fixed the crashing.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3676/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-353.12

*COUGH* AMD DRIVERS STILL GET SHIT TO THIS DAY, WHILE EVERYONE CIRCLEJERKS ABOUT NVIDIA DRIVERS BEING WAAAAAAY BETTER  *COUGH*

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

ive been having bad luck with nvidia drivers also my monitor used to randomly turn off every few seconds 

PEBCAK because Nvidia driver never fail. /s

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

eVGA 980 ti SC owner here. Installed 353.12, still experiencing crashes. Has anyone tried 350.12 drivers on 980 ti?

eVGA 980 ti SC owner here. Installed 353.12, still experiencing crashes. Has anyone tried 350.12 drivers on 980 ti?

I crashed as well with the new driver & TW3.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Meanwhile, the newest and fastest card I have is a GTX 480 ES, and they're apparently gimping performance on them.

No they're not, they already fixed the issues with kepler and other things like 2 drivers ago.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Meanwhile everyone bashes on AMD for poor drivers, at least they're stable upon release.

At least Nvidia's cards can run Hairworks.

At least Nvidia's cards can run Hairworks.

Really? Back to that debate again. It doesn't resolve the fact that when it comes to driver issues Nvidia is historically notorious for it.

Seems the only people who are still having crashes with the newest drivers including the hot fix do not install the drivers as administrator, and also do not install using DDU method.

I crashed as well with the new driver & TW3.

Make sure you are using DDU first, then installing the 352.12 as administrator. Also many people reported that switching PhysX to CPU in NV Control Panel fixes crashes in TW3.

Also side note:

Something I noticed with NVIDIA drivers from using them for many years now, as you update your graphics drivers the majority of the time you have to readjust your overclocks. So while they might have been stable on a previous driver, they might not be stable on a current driver. Whether that means increasing voltage or lowering clockspeeds one way or another you have to stabilize the overclock again. So if you have your card overclocked and are experiencing crashes this is the first thing I would take notice to.

Really? Back to that debate again. It doesn't resolve the fact that when it comes to driver issues Nvidia is historically notorious for it.

So what? Nvidia has far superior support and in-game effects.

AMD has nothing going for them.

So what? Nvidia has far superior support and in-game effects.

AMD has nothing going for them.

Even if that were true how would that justify problematic drivers? What's the point if you cannot even get in-game for more than 30 seconds before you BSOD?

Even if that were true how would that justify problematic drivers? What's the point if you cannot even get in-game for more than 30 seconds before you BSOD?

It's a new card and it was fixed.

AMD's had those issues before and they will continue to have them.

353 has actually fixed some problems I was having with Shadowplay not sure if it's related or not. Also Witcher 3 runs great on my GTX 770...in fact a little better now than the 350 I was using.

What was happening in 352 was screen flashing, then Shadowplay was broke. But... then the game seemed fine. Witcher 3 was always crashing at least once during starting to play...then it would play fine but more than likely shadowplay broke.

Since this driver and I used NEW install but didn't uninstall, re-install as I like my video settings color-wise. Didn't even need to reboot and all works fine.

Seems the only people who are still having crashes with the newest drivers including the hot fix do not install the drivers as administrator, and also do not install using DDU method.

Make sure you are using DDU first, then installing the 352.12 as administrator. Also many people reported that switching PhysX to CPU in NV Control Panel fixes crashes in TW3.

Also side note:

Something I noticed with NVIDIA drivers from using them for many years now, as you update your graphics drivers the majority of the time you have to readjust your overclocks. So while they might have been stable on a previous driver, they might not be stable on a current driver. Whether that means increasing voltage or lowering clockspeeds one way or another you have to stabilize the overclock again. So if you have your card overclocked and are experiencing crashes this is the first thing I would take notice to.

What does DDU stand for? I'm gonna reinstall running as admin.

Edit: I did not overclock my 980 ti so I'm clear on that.

Edit#2: Found out what DDU stands for. Doing it as you mentioned right now.

Findings: Still crashing 10 min into TW3. Did DDU in safe mode. Hotfix installed via run as admin also changed Physx to CPU. Same results.

This driver is garbage.

It also fucked up the SLI profile in The Witcher 3 too.  So until I feel like doing DDU and reverting I'm stuck waiting to play the witcher 3.

I'll try the hotfix though.

Both this and the last driver both have crashing issues in chrome too unless you disable nvidia audio in the control panel.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

As long as you disable hardware acceleration in chrome it will stop crashing and its more the just 900 cards as for your guys problems in game want to list what your overclock are? Both my 980 ti's are running without crashes after disabling chrome hardware acceleration and not over bolting still getting clocks into 1400's

*COUGH* AMD DRIVERS STILL GET SHIT TO THIS DAY, WHILE EVERYONE CIRCLEJERKS ABOUT NVIDIA DRIVERS BEING WAAAAAAY BETTER *COUGH*

Nvidia's drivers are not perfect at all, however, Nvidia fix their issues relatively fast. What I noticed with AMD drivers (when I owned AMD cards) is that they drag same issues throughout multiple driver revisions. That is unacceptable for someone who's making a living with their PC. For gamers not so much.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Meanwhile everyone bashes on AMD for poor drivers, at least they're stable upon release.

So you can see how the green fanboys have such a distorted view of reality.

I'm not going to talk about a years spam, but in the last months NVIDIA has had so many drivers issues... but AMD is the one with issues because logic.

Then when you point it out, the fanboys are so into it that their cognitive dissonance goes through the roof and compensate such events with something like: "oh but they have effects" or "oh but they have pretty coolers" - psychological case study right there, in the eyes of everyone :)

No they're not, they already fixed the issues with kepler and other things like 2 drivers ago.

o rly? YAS 4K HERE I COME (again)!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)